Allow meme 8K resolution no normal users can benefit from

>allow meme 8K resolution no normal users can benefit from
>limit audio quality to 128kbps

?

Attached: YouTube.jpg (624x351, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nofile.io/f/oq9Uaqyu8mW/13. nayuta - structure.m4a
nofile.io/f/2Gd3bE7wzcE/EastNewSound - structure-D82blMuYUkw.m4a
nofile.io/f/nGR5TauTJnm/Anohana Ending 2 (Blu-ray creditless) (English subbed)-I9wHfjzW4YE.mka
nofile.io/f/SZbYdetWnBZ/NCED 2.mka
my.mixtape.moe/fsagok.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1527101233859.jpg (688x623, 113K)

>actually caring about this
You're probably a /v/ piece of shart, go home.

At most he could be from /mu/, idiot

Bitrate =/= audio quality
Educate yourself.

No. /v/lets are the only ones who care about bullshit like that.

>implying they aren't one and the same

/mu/ doesnt stream from youtube

/mu/tant here. there has never been a single comment about youtube audio quality. You use them to preview the music then download the link from the sharethread,

Actually their 8K has 420 chroma sub sampling so it actually does benefit people with 4k displays much like 4K video benefits people with 1080p displays. Not to mention the fact that youtube uses the fastest encoding (probably HW), 8-bit encoders, and a shitty bitrate.

>tl;dr
even the video sucks but higher resolutions make it more tolerable

Pretty much this.

Youtube still re-encodes and compresses your audio to shit if you're a normal user though.

terrible bitrate tho

Is there actually a discernible difference in audio quality, or is it just a prestige meme and time waster?

>is there any difference between radio tier audio and proper rips
Are you retarded or just deaf

Enlighten me?

Adding to this: this is a huge reason why intel added 4K60fps VP9 hardware decoding to kabylake which was honestly the only real improvement.

Attached: 7855_09_intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake-core-processor-overview.png (620x356, 174K)

>next-generation content
buzzword: the buzzword

Download anything from youtube and then compare with a 320kbps mp3 or a FLAC rip. 128kbps sources are distorted as fuck, it's like comparing a png and a jpg coming from the same source.

DELET

Attached: 1513595510905.png (633x900, 114K)

It's not only the bitrate, youtube also shits up the audio quality completely. If you put a good quality 128kbps file in, a shit quality 1280kbps file will come out

128kbps sounds muffled and noisy compared to anything decent

No, no, no, I understand the information theory side of it.
I mean, is there any discernible difference to the HUMAN EAR or "musical palate"?

Compare it yourself senpai. Also this

(you)

I'll bite
most people can hear the difference between youtube quality and 320kbps mp3s, you don't have to be an audiophile for something like that.
320 - flac is unnoticeable to most people though

Sounds like I should invest in some audio equipment then.

there's no need for that. you can hear it with any non-shit headphones. even something like apple/samsung OEM ones will let you hear the difference. and pretty much anything over ear that's name brand

The difference between 128kbps and 320kbps is noticeable even with a regular earphone, you don't need anything fancy

depends on the codec used really

YouTube bitrate in general is awful. I wish people understood the fact that high resolution doesn't mean the content will look good, much like how a high megapixel camera isn't always the best option

nofile.io/f/oq9Uaqyu8mW/13. nayuta - structure.m4a

nofile.io/f/2Gd3bE7wzcE/EastNewSound - structure-D82blMuYUkw.m4a

They are mostly lossy -> lossy conversions, they will sound like shit no matter the codec

Both sound like shit

Yeah intel really rushed to outbuzz AMD as much as possible seeing as their HW dec was the only thing worth selling on KL.

AMD could have fucked them up more back then if carrizo APUs had 4K full VP9 HW dec but they missed that train so intel also got to tout better battery life on thin clients.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-10-14-21-53.png (720x1280, 193K)

nofile.io/f/nGR5TauTJnm/Anohana Ending 2 (Blu-ray creditless) (English subbed)-I9wHfjzW4YE.mka

nofile.io/f/SZbYdetWnBZ/NCED 2.mka

There is a huge difference between 128 and 320kbps, between 320kbps and FLAC though you're not actually going to hear a difference even though there technically is one, no not even 20,000 dollar equipment will let you hear the difference our ears just aren't that sensitive

Not with opus, that shit is bananas. Actually I think youtube switched to that after realizing how meh vorbis was.

depends entirely on the master and genre, some genres use instruments/sounds that are compressed horribly without lossless.

examples?

8k60 uses something like 90-100mbit, its damn close to lossless bluray, cant say its horrible all things considered.

the easiest to find examples are anime music as some of them use every single sound that compresses like shit to make music, meanwhile things like metal come pre compressed in the master so much of the detail that could be there is already gone to the point an mp3 compression does dick all.

>bitching about audio on a video streaming site
huh?

>its damn close to lossless bluray
To 1080p bluray, you mean

Audio quality is more important than video quality. People can watch potato-quality DVDrips without a problem, but pair it with 64k MP3 and it's terrible.

The amount of bandwidth needed for them to use v0 would be almost neglible for even the worst of connections. It's honestly incompetence on their part at this point

you can compress lossless down around 20X and not really be able to see much of a difference in quality unless you pause and look for it,

Nobody's used MP3 in 20 years, user.

Opus is great tho, just listen to this 145kbps song:
my.mixtape.moe/fsagok.ogg

Are there still people, who say otherwise? Also, while I don't mind to listen to Opus at 128kbps, it wouldn't hurt them to encode audio at a higher bitrate. After all Opus@192kbps > Opus@128kbps.

>Audio quality is more important than video quality
Sure but for example dolby atmos support would be retarded given the number of mono/stereo videos on the plateform.
There really is no incentive to support more than low bitrate stereo audio.

Depending on parameters and encoder version I don't think there's much of a difference. Though knowing how shit the video encoding is, audio encoding is probably shit too.

feels good to not be a normie

Attached: ezpz.png (503x172, 44K)

What do you use to decode that shit mang? Got a threadripper/i9 setup?

Attached: 1524020932520.jpg (987x700, 148K)

ryzen 1700
gtx1070

forgot pic related

Attached: st.png (447x100, 9K)