Wow how intuitive, such an intuitive OS

wow how intuitive, such an intuitive OS.
i guess unused disk i/o is wasted disk i/o

Attached: 2018-06-10_20-20-19.png (423x457, 18K)

> run windows
> get malware
> blame the OS
When did Jow Forums become so inept?

>malware
kek this is practically a fresh install

disable windows defender
get malwarebytes or common sense 2019
thank me later

Microsoft needs your disk too. Stop being so selfish!

i'm not running mb on a machine that I know has no malware, I've never installed anything shady on this machine. I'm not a fucking 80year old grandma who gets malware from clickbait links. I can see the microshaft damage controll shills are out in full force today.

oh and if you don't believe this machine has no malware, i've had the same issue on actual fresh installs of windows 10, every machine i've installed windows 10 on this happens out of the box.

It’s probably a defrag or something, chill out dude

kek
my windows 7 work machine with a fresh install of windows does this and also holds the cpu at 95% half the time its on.

update: after 45 minutes of raping the disk and after i disabled indexing on the system drive it seems to be gone, but this shit happens every time i boot into windows. i don't often boot into windows though.

Wincucks sucks, a tragedy by user:

>Lol guys isn't wincucks so bad
>Guy's it's definitely not my fault or something, this OS just sucks

Stop superfetch service. Make it manual start.

microshaft advertisment: a shilling by user:
>guys microshaft doesn't suck, its just user error
>you should be a slave to microshaft like me!

>HDD
I'm not even sorry for you

Windows 10 IS the malware.

>Introducing: Microsoft Distributed Cloud, the cloud on everyone's machine!

Don't worry you're just having 8 gigabytes of photos from a Mexican kid's birthday party written to a hidden undeletable file on your computer. In the CURRENT YEAR you should only be using *NIX OSes so Windows can die.

Attached: 1528601834628[1].jpg (718x381, 69K)

I had that exact hard drive model
backup your stuff ASAP is the response times start to go crazy

w10 does all the updates in silent mode. meaning, on a fresh install, it will take multiple hours before it is done installing the updates

>read/write speed in the single digits
>surprised when it's slow

don't use a 2014 security hard drive as your boot drive, idiot. ssd's have been commonplace for a while and you should know that random read/write cycles on hdd's are super slow.

seriously this thing has a sequential speed of like 150mb/s, and it's random speed is 0.5mb/s

it's your fault op, at least get a hybrid drive if you're gonna use an hdd for a boot drive.

>fresh install of windows 10
>has only solidworks installed
>keep it offline
>spends literally 20 minutes at 100% disk usage after booting
it reminds me of the family windows 98 machine which eventually got so much shit on it that it took 10 minutes to boot
i guess that comes standard now

not op, but it's not the disk in my case
one thing i tried was transferred it to another disk, but it made no difference

while win10 does thrash hdds it generally isn't too bad. if it seems to constantly be doing it chances are the disk is actually faulty. do a seatools/vendor equivalent and you'll probably come up with several failures

>oh and if you don't believe this machine has no malware, i've had the same issue on actual fresh installs of windows 10, every machine i've installed windows 10 on this happens out of the box.
How much ram did each machine have?

it's the windows updates service, probably
check with process explorer

or, yeah, the indexing service

This shit happens to me too, 3 different SSDs, 16gb 2400 MHz ram. Win10 is the problem.

It uses 100% disk and is unresponsive to anything except whatever is currently in focus. Like I can still play games with no stutter but can't even open start menu or open a folder.

This. Windows defender is a disk hog, especially on laptops. Ensure you fully disable it.

>a 4 year old hdd is now simply too old to run an OS off of
i run linux from an old 500GB hdd, and it's perfectly fine, once i've logged in, hdd usage drops to 0

You can install a malware with Windows if you tried to crack it.

Windows 7 until I can't run what I need to run on it.
Jump to Linux if wangblows continues to be the shitter it is today.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Linux distros don't get updated regularly.

I'd say this has more to do with a shitty, poorly treated hdd than the operating system, because I have run pretty full hard drives with OS's on them and they still function fine.

This is the answer you’re looking for, I love pajeetsoft logic; we’ll make your computer faster by making it slower by constantly accessing the hard drive for absolutely no reason at all!

>Linux distros don't get updated regularly.
mine does, i'm using arch
what's really funny is that windows 10 originally was placed on the same hdd as my linux install, but it was unbearable, so i moved it onto an ssd, which was a little better, but still takes a long time to 'settle'
and this is with indexing, superfetch, and defender disabled
i'd use windows 7, but i had to get new hardware recently, and 7 just doesn't seem to work on this mobo
i've been playing around with ntlite, just rip everything i don't need out of it (which is most of it), but i haven't been having much luck with it. i've used nlite extensively, and ntlite a number of times with 7, but 10 just keeps having weird issues
i'm clearly not the only one with win10 issues, what a clusterfuck of an os

yeah windows 10 is weird. My server just tried to update and failed, and now I gotta reinstall and reconfigure the entire OS, and sometimes it doesn't even let me get into the failure to boot menu.

Meanwhile, my other PC running very similar specs that I use as my daily driver is using windows 10 and the update installed flawlessly, and my boot time is still under 15 seconds.

>HDD as anything other than a drive for audio/video media
Oh my

>implying windows isn't malware

thats probably the telemetry. used to be a problem when I didnt have an ssd

Hoe does one fully disable windows defender