Quantum? More like QuanDUMB! amirite

Quantum? More like QuanDUMB! amirite

Attached: 22222.jpg (1211x361, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1100304
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>normie browser that comes pre-installed in all new W10 machines and android phones vs. browser for enthusiasts

Attached: 1485764368783.png (263x220, 104K)

Chrome comes with Windows now?

well, it has the windows logo

>a monopoly by the worlds biggest surveillance company is good

Attached: crypto_kike.jpg (221x255, 16K)

but MUH SJWS MUH SOROS

>installing a botnet browser
Google sure has bamboozed you all. Idiots.

Also, lol, "market share", it's all thanks to cancerous fucking phones, majority of which are android, which default to chrome for the most part.

Go fuck yourself, Google.

Reminder that most analytics consider all chromium-based browsers are chrome.

.Google taking over web software
>Amazon taking over web hardware

The free market will step in and save us any day now, r-right?

Even if it did consider the 1~2% marketshare of Opera and Chromium it's not like it matters.

Well I'm a big fan of Firefox, but it's only logical that Firefox will die out with their current policies.

Cannot even change the new tab homepage/URL. Not even with addons. Beyond retarded people in charge there nowadays.

>Cannot even change the new tab homepage/URL.
is this for real? jesus christ...

How much retarded are you?

Attached: 1521161160870.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

SJW-Fox dug their own grave.
Next to all the overall retarded design decisions that POS browser got slower and less responsive with every new release.

I'm more surprised that Firefox actually had more than 10% of the market share before.

Why does this number matter though? It's not like the amount of active users affects FOSS project's state in any serious way.

No. He's just too dumb to open the preferences

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-11 19-10-12.png (779x290, 24K)

Because it dictates if you write your site firefoxcompatible or not.

That is the home page, not the new tab url, you braindead sjwretard. Only poorfags relaunch their browsers contantly.

That is not the new tab page...

Isn't it cool?
I mean, why don't Firefox devs make their browser chrome-compatible? It's not that hard since there are no closed specs.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-11 19-13-19.png (994x547, 98K)

>Monopoly
You have no barriers to entry in the browser market. It's one of the only possible "free" markets. Google is simply the best currently.

For example, unlike SJWzilla, chromium supports sandboxing with ALSA.

lol sure
It's not like marketing has anything to do with it.

>It's not like marketing has anything to do with it.
It may. That does not change the fact that anyone can make a browser.
It also doesn't change the fact that Chromium is simply better than Firefox now. Refer back to my sandboxing example for clarification.

No, not "anyone" can make a browser. At least not from scratch. It takes a lot of time and effort to write something more than some frontend with Blink or qtwebkit as an engine.

Well, at least you shill the OSS version.

I wouldn't say that I she'll it exactly.
If there were better solutions for ad blocking than browser extensions, I'd use vimb/luakit.

>No, not "anyone" can make a browser
Ok, Mr. Pedantic person. Any person with required programming skills can do that. Once again, there are no artificial barriers to entry.

>there are no artificial barriers to entry
let's change that

I'm not being pedantic, you just don't understand how much money goes into a fully-featured browser engine.
The other browsers you may know of, like qutebrowser or Brave, just use blink or webkit and are at the mercy of some company with loads of money and will never amount to much.
In that Firefox is unique because it's the one free (libre) browser that has its own fully featured engine.

Oh and Konqueror has KHTML too so there's that.
Not even sure if it's still being developed.

>change default user agency to improve privacy
>OY VEEEEEEY LESS PEOPLE USING FIREFOX!

Instead it probably shows more people are using newer versions instead of staying on outdated versions.

I'd measure userbase by the downloads ( which is tough because you need to get info from linux distros and their mirrors)

>use blink or webkit and are at the mercy of some company with loads of money and will never amount to much
Both of those are OSS, even partially LGPL.

That's not helping your argument there. You're saying anyone can make a browser but blink and webkit wouldn't exist without Google and Apple.

>You're saying anyone can make a browser but blink and webkit wouldn't exist without Google and Apple.
But it's still open software. I don't understand how the Mozilla Foundation is inherently better than Google or Apple.

The most popular browser, chrome, is proprietary and developed by said company. You can try and bend it all you want, mozilla is still the only vendor for a truly free browser

Quantum broke my tab customization addon and trying to force it with simple css didn't work because firefox won't honor what I fucking write (0 is zero you fucking cunts not 22).
I finally just said fuck it, after 10 years of this shit I've had enough.

> shitty worthless board called g shills rust
> literally nothing worthwhile has ever been done with it

Thank god

>> V8 c++ engine proprietary
>> let's use a worthless rust ridden turd

>you just don't understand how much money goes into
That doesn't mean that literally any CS student can make one. Probably wouldn't be that good, but that's another story. You can also use existing engines, such as
>blink or webkit
I don't see your point here, to be honest.

Why and how?

>mozilla is still the only vendor for a truly free browser
How so? It's not the only foss/oss browser there is.

>I don't see your point here, to be honest.
The point is the best any derivative browser can hope to achieve is to be used by some hobbyists like people who browse Jow Forums.
If it doesn't have some gimmick going for it, people will just use the main browser that engine is developed for, and if it does have some gimmick it most likely appeals to aforementioned hobbyists.

>If it doesn't have some gimmick going for it, people will just use the main browser that engine is developed for
And what does that change, exactly? Seriously, I fail to see the point.

If you are arguing that not everyone can write the most popular browser, then you are right, but what does popularity has to do with anything?

umm, that is not the uri for a new tab page but for the home page
and, is that quantum or esr?

firefox uses more memory than chromium these days...

firefox uses some google services, too

>what is chromium

>goygle still hasn't fixed the chrome memory leak in windows 10
>instead they took the time to strip features from the built in media player

>what is chromium
compromised a long time ago
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/
Yes it was pulled years ago, but this still made me lose trust in the project. Who knows how many other hidden Google botnet components are hiding inside the Chromium source? Especially since Google can apparently just sneak this shit in anytime they want.

Nigger Chrome doesn't even have a sidebar for bookmarks. There are addons for it but they are shit because addon windows can't be bigger than a predefined size.

I'm just gonna put this out here.
I was a Firefox user for a long fucking time, probably from around version 2 or 3, but eventually it got to the point where even while using the 64bit version once memory usage reached around 3GB it would slow to a crawl and cached images would fail to load. Every one or two days I would have to restart the browser to maintain usability and I didn't even have a shitton of extensions. I put up with it for a long time because I didn't want to go through the hassle of switching browsers, but eventually I had enough and switched to Chrome.
Chrome may be using 2GB of my memory right now but I have no slowdowns with it, even though it has been open for the past three weeks, and even though there is one feature I wish I had from Firefox (only show the close tab button on the active tab) that's not enough to entice me back to Firefox, especially when they go removing features I used to use and add things that should be optional extensions as core components from third parties.

Chrome is oddly magical. Even native browsers just can't compete with how consistent it is with performance. When I close shit too, it quickly hands off the ram unlike alternatives.
Kind of scary tbqh

meanwhile, in firefox land:
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1100304
just FYI: being FOSS or open-source doesn't make it secure

At least it's better than Internet Explorer.

It's not the best, it's just the simplest.
Firefox can do more than Chromium can.

Yes, Mozilla are SJW cucks. And Google are a surveillance company, who are also becoming SJW cucks.

Is this trend due to the higher ups or is it in the engineers as well because HR is selecting for it like some sort of political eugenics program.

The engineers who don't fall in line will get replaced.

>Firefox can do more than Chromium can.
Such as?