What is actually going to happen after the NN repeal?

NOTE: I support NN and I agree it is better to have it than not have it.

However I don't get why people think the world is ending now that it's gone. The things people are saying will happen (like internet bundles) are all purely hypothetical and the things that have occurred are pretty minor.

Will we actually see profound changes in our internet lives or is this all just hype?

Attached: Peach_Ass.jpg (1080x1350, 54K)

Hopefully everyone will die.

It has literally zero effect on end users.
It's basically a tax on companies like netflix and youtube that make incredible amounts of money using incredible amounts of bandwidth on infrastructure they don't own.

Everyone will get policed for rape comments and you'll be sent off to the FEMA camps promptly for your xenoestrogen injections.

As a side note, forcing all the angry young men off the computer and onto the streets is a great way to see unrest bubble to the surface. Our lawmakers aren't too bright.

Nothing will happen.

Netflix/YouTube/etc pay for IP transit though.

Nothing, at least for the first months. ISPs will obviously try to say "see guys, nothing has changed :^)" until people start forgetting about it, then they will go back to being jewish, but not to the level Reddit claimed.

the internet will get good again.
i member when NN first came into affect, everything went to shit. this place in particular.

For the internet to get good, you need to throw at least 90% of the people using it off of it

Mind saying what exactly went shit?

The users are the one demanding the bandwidth. And they pay the ISP monthly for that bandwidth. Asking companies to pay as well is essentially a double tax.

A lot of things went to shit, but thinking its because of NN instead of (ie) elections etc, is just lazy
t. Against NN

First of all, its the company that decides what to do with its hardware
They could ask you for 100 times the money and it'd be legal
Second of all, the companies use far far far far FAR more bandwidth than the general population does
(t. Actually took networking classes)

Not him, but how much they pay in ratio to what they use is pennies. IIRC Netflix has 100 mil+ users all paying them $10+ per month. And under NN they pay less per person than they did in 2014 when NN was enacted.

Youtube has a larger user base, extraordinary ad deals, and generally speaking, much cheaper for them content. Add the new pay service and they make a decent amount of money. They are specifically losing money because of the other reasons though.

Comcast will continue to fund gay rights parades across America and laugh at all the stormniggers that supported it.

Whoever wins, we lose

eventually you are going to have to pay more for things like netflix/youtube and other streaming sites like those two. nothing is going to be "blocked", that's just complete paranoid retardation. this is just about squeezing money from customers.

so this means more u tube ads, less u tube tv shows and less netflix originals?

>nothing will be blocked after NN repeal
>ISPs wouldn't do that
>paranoid bullshit
>hurrdurr George Soros and Mozilla are censoring my internets with a browser
I'm saying this is your stance, but there's a hypocrisy on Jow Forums that is basically that and I can't stand it.

I'm not saying*

Just accept that both sides are shit and both sides are against a free market since they are both oligarchies
Side with whoever wants to repeal a regulation and fight for a freer and freer market

How retarded is she? Those aren't swim thighhighs. You don't swim in knit ones.

NN repeal wouldn't be such a big deal if there was, ya know....actual competition. google can't even compete against these lizard people.

Most shit going up against news aggregators/ad companies always gets overblown
Its like that Elon Musk Pravda thing that instantly got everyone talking about it because most news sites got butthurt over it
Again, picking a side in this argument outside of political idealism is plain retarded, unless you like megacorp dick

internet culture as a whole.

it's probably because of a number of varying reason, third worlders being introduced to the net en masse via cheap cellphones/used and old computers, millenials started using it, retarded shit like twitter/fagbook became fuckhuge etc etc
it coincedentally happened around the same time as NN coming into effect though, so i'm going to continue blaming obamer

Retarded autist detected

Everything you just said happened over a decade before NN.

>decade before NN
>millenials were only a year or two old
>cell phones didn't have internet access
>used PCs were rendered worthless by how fast the hardware was progressing and the software being made worse to compensate that fact
are you having a stroke? or am i just responding to bretty shitty bait?

Post more! I want to fap and cum for her!

The oldest millenials are approaching 40 if you didn't realize. PC evolution has slowed down significantly since the 90s and even early 00s. Even Moores law has come to an end.

Are you sure YOU'RE not having a stroke?

>The oldest millenials are approaching 40
I am a smoothbrain so you'll have to help me out.

this would be a valid point if we weren't at 100% network saturation in the US. i don't have netflix and yet i'm paying for the bandwidth that netflix is using. NN was designed to benefit companies like netflix and youtube by forcing me to pay for their bandwidth. it was yet another corporate fuckjob from the tech industry just like DMCA and DRM. didn't you ever wonder why so many tech companies were shilling so hard for it?

I hate megacorp dick. Which is why I support NN. Letting them bend me over doesn't make any sense if I hate them.

>I hate megacorp dick. Which is why I support NN.

As if Netflix/GOOG/Facebook weren't worth trillions of dollars.

hose 3 alone are probably worth more than all ISP's combined.

he believes millenials were born before the turn of the millenium

kek, what a moron.

>PC evolution has slowed down significantly since the 90s and even early 00s

>he doesn't know what happened when MOAR COARs started being introduced
if you said late 00s you'd be correct but you're a moron.

>First of all, its the company that decides what to do with its hardware
No, they dont, ISPs dont even own the backbone
>They could ask you for 100 times the money and it'd be legal
No, it wouldnt under net neutrality. What dumb fucks like you understand is that they rate charge for the traffic, so if it was so "costly", they could just raise their rates. the heavy users would automatically be charged more. they couldnt charge more for companies who could afford to pay more, or for companies they wanted to hurt that were dependent on their internet service.... like most websites/internet services. ISPs are the new thugs, looking for their protection money.
>Second of all, the companies use far far far far FAR more bandwidth than the general population does
See above
(t. someone who took their networking class, and didnt lie about it)

>this would be a valid point if we weren't at 100% network saturation in the US
[citation needed]

>Side with whoever wants to repeal a regulation and fight for a freer and freer market
>repealing NN is free market economics

Attached: 1432432103161.jpg (800x533, 225K)

You're the autist who thinks a swimsuit with knit stockings is okay.

They make thighhighs with swimwear material exactly for these dumb whores.

muh correlation is causation
but in response to OP it'll take awhile for it to have obvious effects, esp worldwide imo. not sure what will happen but it's pretty significant of a change so I think it would be foolish to say nothing will change esp when money is to made at this degree

I expect ISPs to restrict things like bittorrent traffic unless you upgrade to a more expensive service tier.

name and set?

I swear we should gas you fagets.
jennalynnmeowri

Of course you're not going to see immediate, drastic changes. What you're going to see are your freedoms taken away, very slowly, piece by piece, over the next ten to twenty years. Each time these little changes happen there will be an outcry, but there will be faggots who say "who cares? I never liked privacy anyway." And apathy will outnumber the outraged. Until ten or twenty years from now, the internet will be unrecognizable. I'm very much the same way the internet is different now from how it was twenty years ago.

You're fucking retarded, you know that?

>ISPs sell 30+Mbps packages to anyone and everyone
>Steaming video services actually allow most users to regularly use what they've been promised
>ISPs: "Oh shit guess we better charge for data caps and get our asses deregulated so we can legally nickle and dime these schmucks into Oblivion and never ever invest in upgrading our infrastructure"

listen cunt, you're lucky that you live in a country that has decent infrastructure. I pay equivalent $80USD a month for 500GB, that gets me a whopping 150kbps dl and ~5kbps ul. The advertised speeds are 20mbps, but our infrastructure is so shit that this is the best I can get.
I had my house rewired when I moved in and there is a single line coming in for my router.
Whenever I call them up I get some pajeet
>hello sir, we can't detect any problems sir. sir please try turning off your router for 10 seconds.

Millenials were born 1981-1997. Meaning the oldest of them are approaching 40 the youngest are 21.

You're kinda correct. But those yearly leaps were nowhere near as huge as in the 90s and early 00s.

BRAAAAAAP

>she will never shit in your mouth