Intel loosing server marketshare

Is it even possible to be any more JUST than Brian Krzanich.

Attached: chrome_2018-06-11_17-38-06.png (702x555, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raptorcs.com/content/base/products.html
cnbc.com/2018/01/04/intel-ceo-reportedly-sold-shares-after-the-company-already-knew-about-massive-security-flaws.html
forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2018/03/19/headed-into-its-fifth-year-openpower-has-momentum-into-the-power9-generation
wccftech.com/intel-ceo-we-will-likely-lose-server-market-share-to-amds-epyc/
amazon.com/AMD-PS7551BDAFWOF-Processor-Model-2-0GHz/dp/B077JZNHYJ
amazon.com/AMD-EPYC-7601-Processor-Retail/dp/B077JY6RP7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528760193&sr=8-1&keywords=AMD Epyc 7601
amazon.com/Intel-Xeon-Gold-6138/dp/B074JBVJ1X/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528760239&sr=1-1&keywords=6138
secure.raptorcs.com/content/CP9M06/purchase.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Talos-2-POWER9-Pre-Order
secure.raptorcs.com/content/TL1BC1/intro.html
pride.com/pride/2017/1/06/ibm-unveils-its-super-queer-new-logo
youtu.be/mhEu3RiCLpg?t=5424
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good start! but ideally both would lose marketshare, IBM OpenPOWER would take over, and we could finally get off this botnet x86 architecture.
raptorcs.com/content/base/products.html

Attached: Logo-OpenPOWER.jpg (360x360, 8K)

> mfw I debated some brainlet IT staffer the other day about this being true because of knowledge beyond his paygrade and he kept denying it
> mfw this fag tried to engage in technical dick measuring
> mfw now its a fact of reality
How's my dick taste user? Now go done and hard reset my chassis... faggot

Attached: 1521415784962.jpg (675x563, 64K)

I too love housefires.

>shaun williams
>wccft
Wtf happened? Where's your usual wccftech shitskin copypaster?

10nm shistorm will fuck very hard intel

>Intel CEO confirms that EBYN will eat into market share
link? I want to laugh

>POWER
Slower than epyc, its shit

>Good start
Good start?
That fucking asshole knew well before the TR and epyc launch that intel is fucked ... That's why he dumped a huge part of his shares

cnbc.com/2018/01/04/intel-ceo-reportedly-sold-shares-after-the-company-already-knew-about-massive-security-flaws.html

Power is good for very specific tasks.
Sparc was slow as shit, but did wonders in sun's applications(not the executables, but business)

Even then its performance/watt is nowhere near x86. This is the same reason why ARM failed to even make a dent in the enterprise market.

Apparently it's fast enough for Jewgle
forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2018/03/19/headed-into-its-fifth-year-openpower-has-momentum-into-the-power9-generation

performance doesn't matter for a lot of stuff, so much as how well and how easily it can be optimized for tasks. the international corporation i used to work for still has a DOS mainframe that spans three continents. the apollo rockets had less computing power than a graphing calculator.

There's no ecosystem built around arm.
Power has ibm to back it up and almost a century of progress, software, patents and expertise.
When a company buys ibm, they don't just buy the racks or the cpus.

Yes it does shit for brains, why do you think IBM is rushing to heavily support HW acceleration in their platforms? That's literally the only thing going for them aside from touting a meme cpu architecture only people from WW2 care about.

Why are you people so insistent on POWER? It does what it does fine, but it's not going to your desktop anytime soon.

Oh god you sound like SUN before they got BTFO by x86 in a millisecond.

It can't even touch most of enterprise stuff. Jewgle is blowing money on it because people keep pushing for freetarded datacenters.

wccftech.com/intel-ceo-we-will-likely-lose-server-market-share-to-amds-epyc/

Fucking LMAO, Brian!

I'm assuming you're talking about enterprise workstations and not the hundreds of millions of embedded decides used by enterprise companies with Arm chips?

Supercomputers too, the stuff that really matters in the big picture.

>"m-my robot can cook frozen pizza if you do 90% of the work"
That's cute son but let the big boys do their job.

Attached: ar3.jpg (1078x537, 150K)

ONE NOTHING WITH ME

Attached: talos-parboil.png (755x404, 27K)

JUST

Attached: encode-talos.png (614x347, 19K)

Wasn't that benchmark against chips from wildly different price ranges?

LOL

Attached: talosii.png (617x301, 18K)

It didn't btfo by x86.
It btfo by ibm and alpha in the 90s.

NOPE

Attached: audio-encode-talos.png (620x680, 31K)

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-11-19-39-19.png (720x1280, 162K)

Attached: py-php-talos.png (625x621, 29K)

phoneposting scum

Attached: tripfag outed as a poorfag.jpg (659x215, 29K)

>amazon.com/AMD-PS7551BDAFWOF-Processor-Model-2-0GHz/dp/B077JZNHYJ
> roughly $3800
>amazon.com/AMD-EPYC-7601-Processor-Retail/dp/B077JY6RP7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528760193&sr=8-1&keywords=AMD Epyc 7601
> roughly $4600
>amazon.com/Intel-Xeon-Gold-6138/dp/B074JBVJ1X/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528760239&sr=1-1&keywords=6138
> roughly $2700
>secure.raptorcs.com/content/CP9M06/purchase.html
> $1425
WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU'RE COMPARING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PRICE RANGES

Seriously, the POWER chip up there is 2 more cores than the one in the benchmark (I couldn't even find the 16 core), and it's still way cheaper than the x86 parts

To be fair h.264 isn't accelerated by SIMD on power

>"The Talos II Secure Workstation itself costs $4,750 USD while the RAM, Radeon Pro, and NVMe storage put that total up to $6,350 USD or $6,750 if wanting dual POWER9 CPUs."

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Talos-2-POWER9-Pre-Order

L. M. A. O. take your shitty meme cpu garbage out of here, you make ARM look like competition for x86

Attached: 1526295926227.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>you make ARM look like competition for x86
because you can actually afford it

Attached: ayymdpoorfag.png (633x900, 112K)

>wanted to buy AMD stocks back in april when they hit their lowest point in something like a year
>pussied out
>now worth twice as much in the space of 3 months
I feel like buying intel now. Should I? This announcement should piss off investors and drive their prices down, and the 10nm being shit all the more, but is there some other happening for intel?

*damage control intensifies*
Go back to making datacenters IBM, you're drunk.

$INTC is fucked for the next two years.
Try shorting it soon-ish.

at least I don't spend my time on Jow Forums complaining about stuff I can't afford

what does price have anything to do with performance? if it's a low batch production of CPU's for third-parties, of course the cost is going to be high.

What about ThunderX2

Nigger if performance is this absolute horseshit then it has to be cheaper than a comparable x86 system. IBM needs to know their place just like ARM.

Attached: 1523903571613.png (423x384, 149K)

Housefire.

if they don't get their 10nm process working they will bleed and the stock price will go down when the 7nm Ryzen/Epyc will be released.

Can you calm down and explain yourself sensibly instead of like a child?

>likely
also if anyone picks up the extra market share, it's gonna be ibm with their superchips

It's good that something is trying to replace x86 but by shoving a huge pricetag in people's faces with no meritable performance to back it up is only going to make people cling to x86 harder.

At this rate we'll be stuff with x86 until the heat death of the universe.

Attached: ______.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

You think that desktops are going to last until the end of the 2020's? Think again bucko. The desktop platform is dying. Businesses are killing it because consumers prefer mobile platforms over desktop platforms hand-over-fist. It's also an added benefit to them because they no long have to support R&D for desktop PC's, nor provide support for software and hardware. The pricetag is a non-issue because like I said, it's a low batch of CPU's being delivered to third-parties. If there were greater numbers produced, the price tag would be much less.

I am tired of giving google free work. I won't respond and neither should you.

Loom man what you just described is ARM's turf. You're batfuck insane if you think power is going to make any kind of impact in the mobile market when ARM is inching closer to better x86 emulation each minute.

>The Talos II Secure Workstation itself costs $4,750 USD
so that's mobo+CPU+HSF+Case. Meanwhile one of the Epycs listed in the benchmark as well as the 2x Intel CPUs cost around that much for just the CPU alone!

Also have you seen this option?
secure.raptorcs.com/content/TL1BC1/intro.html

>meme cpu sold separately
of course

Jow Forums saw this coming

INTLEL IS BURIED AND FINISHED

BECAUSE LE IBM RETRO IS SO COOL i dont know why but its so good because its IBM!!

pride.com/pride/2017/1/06/ibm-unveils-its-super-queer-new-logo

Intersectional Bottomboy Machines.

Attached: ibm-rainbow-logo[1].jpg (750x563, 24K)

>loosing

Losing. The word is losing. You fucking looser.

no, you spend time on Jow Forums baiting strangers

>Even then its performance/watt is nowhere near x86.
unless you need high performance SAP on dynamic partitions and other shit corporations actually use

BUT MUH POWER REEEEEE

Attached: ibm.png (808x805, 150K)

I can't wait for eypc 7nm stuff to make its way to thread ripper 3

>OpenPOWER
>literally over 9000 dollars per chip
>Intel: >3000 USD per 28 core chip
>AMD: >1500 USD per 32 core chip
No.

I don't think they'll bring full core count with Zen2 on TR3, but the clocks and efficiency gains will be spectacular if the joint process is legit.

>It didn't btfo by x86.
It did, horribly. They had to scrap a whole roadmap and start again.

Some nutcase modders and overclockers will just do a Intel and make a 64 core monster at 5ghz+ on workstation boards then

Attached: gotfans.jpg (3920x2592, 2.24M)

Oracle is one of the worst companies on planet earth.

>loosing

Loser, the word is loser. you fucking loose cock-socket

>Changing one botnet for another

Only 'competitor' to AMD/Intel is CaviumX ARMv8 and you'd only buy it right now if you're getting a good deal or have some serious hateboner for x86.
It's priced alright and it's only ~10% slower than EPYC, but it's still paying slightly more for slightly less.

>2x Xeon Gold barely keeping up with 1 Epyc
Every time.

Truly the most JUST company

>When a company buys ibm, they don't just buy the racks or the cpus.
There's a lot of expensive buttraping when you fall prey to IBM indeed. Probably less terrible than Oracle but hey, that's what they want to compete with, so figure out the rest.

Attached: 1512304344707.jpg (895x899, 157K)

x264 has some old altivec. Nut sure if it is active though, because back then big endian was used, today little is preferred.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING INTELBROS

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

Hold your horses, it is still possible that GlobalFloundries will have issues with 7nm process too. The rumours of AMD making Epyc/Ryzen on TSMC tech are likely bogus speculation.

(I'm AMD fan, just trying to reign in expectations.)

Attached: grab004283.png (720x528, 334K)

God I know a few brain dead IT fags, fucking insufferable cunts

Attached: thanks_for_coming_over_to_listen_to_my_CD_collection_Miss_Hnnng.jpg (600x780, 351K)

Lisa literally told you they're tapping TSMC for 7nm products.
Are you retarded?

No she did not, that's a myth. Give proof.

Lisa LITERALLY showed us 7nm Epyc at computex, they're just sampling them in 2018, 2019 is for volume production

that was for new Vega

youtu.be/mhEu3RiCLpg?t=5424

>Even then its performance/watt is nowhere near x86.
To begin with, performance/watt isn't everything. Absolute performance also matters, especially for latency-sensitive applications, and POWER9 is pretty high up there, unlike ARM. Also having no proprietary IME, firmware or microcode is actually quite a nice thing.

Also, if you're deducing that POWER9 has worse performance/watt based on Anandtech's becnhmarks, keep in mind that those were whole-system measurements, not just CPU measurements, so they don't really say a lot about the CPU itself. I'm sure the mainboards can be improved.

>fast enough for jewgle to use it to negotiate better prices from intel
ftfy

>Also having no proprietary IME, firmware or microcode is actually quite a nice thing.
T H I S !
H
I
S
!

That is why I brought up OpenPOWER in the first fucking place

>but it's not going to your desktop anytime soon.
I'm very strongly considering making it my next desktop. I can't think of anything I'm currently running that wouldn't run fine on Power, and having an actual open platform would be very nice. It's just a pity that the price is so very high.

next Q

intel ceo

"we forgot" that we lost some server market share

>I couldn't even find the 16 core
That's because it's a dual 8-core configuration, and the 8-core CPUs are $595 each, so even cheaper than $1,425.

>literally over 9000 dollars per chip
The CPUs themselves aren't actually all that terribly expensive. What's expensive is Raptor's mainboards. Not to say that the CPUs are exactly cheap, but they are roughly in the same kind of price bracket as Intel and AMD.

it's an instant loss for me too (intel should tighten apparently)

CRAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN

Attached: 35164840_168628123991552_3488712844034179072_n.jpg (513x371, 32K)

>100% free software from firmware to management unit to cpu microcode
>"botnet"

Attached: wat-11.gif (500x419, 239K)

You got it wrong user, its intel (involuntary telemetry).

>AMD’s fab partners
>TSMC
I was aware that they kept TSMC as an option, but it's even the only one this article mentions. Whatever happened to GloFo?

The Paki who wrote the article doesn't have the brain power to understand that AMD can use more than one fab.

I know, but there could be yield issues.
>youtu.be/mhEu3RiCLpg?t=5424
Thanks for giving the exact time, but she doesn't say it is TSMC. People usually draw that conclusion from her saying that they will use both TSMC and GloFo for 7nm manufacturing, but that bundles together GPUs, semicustom and CPUs/APUs. TSMC is used for Vega 7nm and likely Navi GPUs. Nothing so far implicates that they did additional version of ryzen/epyc die on 7nm TSMC. They probably did not for financial and resources reasons - it would need another team and another set of masks, which is expensive thing with finfets.

Attached: 48.jpg (689x766, 133K)

>when ARM is inching closer to better x86 emulation each minute
Prepare for incoming patent infringement lawsuit.

This is just EPYC.
Will Shilltell even recover?

People on Jow Forums insisting on Power have never actually used it for its intended applications, they're just fanboying over nothing.

>it's cheaper
Yea, and less than half the performance.

>full core count
They can't afford not to. They're selling 32c this round and people will expect it next round.

>64 core
Intel doesn't currently have anything past 28c. The next iteration of Epyc is expected to have 64c.

>The next iteration of Epyc is expected to have 64c.
It's like moore's law but for cores.

Pretty much. If AMD manages to keep this pace, Intel will be cucked to death.