What are your thoughts on the T480? Is it a good purchase?

What are your thoughts on the T480? Is it a good purchase?

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t480.jpg (590x424, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=doEZMNXz1JY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

burp

its a laptop

Its all relative. I think buying new laptops is stupid but that's just me. If you have the cash and want something hot off the press then go for it. I'd rather a new think pad than anything else

youtube.com/watch?v=doEZMNXz1JY
see this

SSD pcie is cut in half compared to, let's say, T480s. Not worth it.

You could've bought an Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display instead.

I bought T460 and I'm really happy with it, but I don't think T series is cost effective anymore. They're too expensive and don't offer much besides not being "GaMeR" style laptop.

Dell's junk seems more appropriate to me at the moment.

i really like my t420 but that is nothing like a t420

>tfw a 400 pre-built PC can out preform it

Attached: 935c6e26.jpg (453x500, 32K)

Not everyone lives in a basement.

could you really get all the specs it has for $400? peripherals too.

Wait until spectre and meltdown are fixed.

>2014
>**40 series
Even Lenovo admit that the flat trackpoint button was stupid they return back to the old button.

They did ? I have a t470 at work and it still is the flat one.

yes they did just simply search through the images of even t460 and you'll the separate button

If by purchase you mean getting it for free from your employer then yeah it's alright. I hope you're not considering spending your own money on it when you could just get a macbook your poor sod.

I'm liking mine well enough so far. You'll definitely want to do a clean install of Windows if you plan on using it, though, because Lenovo fucked up the power settings with their preloaded image, resulting in the CPU always running at max clockspeed while on AC power. Undervolting it and raising the TDP limit to 44w will also help with performance.

The only VALID purchase these days is the XPS family. Seriously, XPS 13 and 15 is all you need.

Implying your that pc can be as portable and mobile as a laptop, some people don't live in their basement 24/7.

overpriced shit

This is fucking goddamned based

I missed on a t470 for $350 fml

wait for the ayymd thinkpads user.

6/10.

I would say yes. I've got a T470 myself and it's been great thus far. If you want modern hardware in a durable chassis there aren't really any better options.

No it isn't

Wait for A485. Same outside, Ryzen guts.

>tfw a 400 pre-built PC can out preform it
>a pre-built PC can outpreform it
>A PC
> can putperfom
>a laptop
WERE YOU DROPPED ON YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU WERE 2 ? IT'S A FUCKING LAPTOP, IT'S PURPOSE IS NOT TO OUTPERFORM A FUCKING PC. IF YOU WANT A PC, THA BUY IT. LAPTOP IS A PORTABLE KEYBOARD TO DO WORK YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

YOU WEREN'T DROPPED ON YOUR HEAD, YOU WERE THROWN AGAINST A WALL
MORON

>>Does not know a laptop is a PC.

900 burgers laptop worse then a 400 burger pc...