The two guys behind copperheados apparently had a falling out and the sole dev (one of the two) deleted the signing...

the two guys behind copperheados apparently had a falling out and the sole dev (one of the two) deleted the signing keys. wtf am i supposed to use now

Attached: 0_P-QCO4hMSSzqKGHy.jpg (1280x608, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/strncat
github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/
github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/823m9r/why_do_i_still_have_google_connectivity_services/dv85au6/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/83wqdp/project_fi_and_gapps_inside_lineageos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait for Purism Librem 5

you should have stopped using coppermemeos when they started using a non-free license (CC noncommercial)

a real computer

>freetards
not even once

>freetard
CC-BY-NC-SA isn't free software

It's still communism

Try installing Gentoo

Attached: flat800x800075f.jpg (743x800, 97K)

that CEO is a massive asshole.

Quick rundown, someone correct me if I'm wrong:
>a guy named Daniel built copperhead all by himself
>wanted to open source, but there were literally zero (0) contributors
>caves in to his co-owner and the CEO of the company out of necessity, try to sell product with stricter licensing
>continues to work on coppherhead in a dev role
>CEO wants to sell a product, tries to pressure this guy into ceding control of the project, including signing keys (which can be used to impersonate the guy and his work and basically compromise the project)
>guy deletes keys as last resort after going public failed to dissuade CEO
>project is now dead due to licensing and the pretty much sole dev being cut off
>guy dedicated a significant portion of his life into a privacy-focused ROM and now its all gone
>the only ROM now left is LineageOS which ships gapps components now and its pajeet/russian devs just copy proprietary vendor blobs and call it a day, and want you to flash custom TWRP zipfiles from google drive with no source available

Attached: 1493331311044.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

>reddit.com/user/strncat
>inb4 reddit
Guy seems legitimately depressed

lineage

Wow that is incredible. Sounds like the dev got screwed, I guess time will tell. I was considering getting a google pixel to run COS. Dont have to now. maybe wait for purism and use that joke LineageOS for now... haha April fools that say your system has been compromised... nicr one guys!
Incredible that he would partner with such a sleeze. I wish he would learn some business sense. He sounds like a really bright guy. Honestly all that intelligence is useless if it cant be applied properly. Glad he decided to defend his users and delete the signing keys, especially if he thinks its a hostile or government takeover. Quite heroic.

Attached: Goldfinger.jpg (719x438, 61K)

That's what you get for using meme OS.

Should've built from source or signed the images yourself.

you seriously believe arch linux """developers""" (strncat aka thestinger) have common sense?

Your moms surface

Didn't think of that, they don't have the ability to.

someone actually fell for open source phone meme? enjoy your discontinuation

Attached: 1497109683672.gif (160x270, 801K)

that actually really sucks, back when i was looking for a new smartphone i thought about buying a pixel and installing copperheadOS on it. Glad I didn't do it in the end.

it's one of the few instances where communism works, mind you. shit like in op happens when you full retard, though. same with void. you'd think that people who advocate backups would make them themselves.

You satisfied with your Android device or iPhone user?

I know, I know....

I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on.

The dev is an autist who already had a similar falling out with the Rust development team.

>the only ROM now left is LineageOS which ships gapps components now and its pajeet/russian devs just copy proprietary vendor blobs and call it a day, and want you to flash custom TWRP zipfiles from google drive with no source available
>ships gapps components
sauce?
>pajeet/russian devs just copy proprietary vendor blobs, and want you to flash custom TWRP zipfiles from google drive with no source available
Where the heck are you looking for those roms? wtf
TWRP is only here:
github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/
github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
Additionally, you should NOT download your rom from weird randoms blogs even better if you can compile it, just do it.

Attached: 1527738160922.gif (379x440, 140K)

>LineageOS which ships gapps components now
what?

stupidphone owner

>reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/823m9r/why_do_i_still_have_google_connectivity_services/dv85au6/
>reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/83wqdp/project_fi_and_gapps_inside_lineageos/

>Where the heck are you looking for those roms? wtf
The official LineageOS builds fail to install for 15.1 for Mido, because they require a "Treble" enabled TWRP, which hasn't been updated yet. The documentation for this isn't updated at all in the installation guide, so you have to go to XDA where they tell you to flash this zipfile consisting of custom TWRP. Furthermore, since all drivers and firmware and hardware is proprietary, nobody is developing replacements, so for pretty much all phones they just copy vendor blobs to get LineageOS to work. Not open-source, check your devices build tree. So it's irrelevant whether or not you build it yourself, because you also have to include these blobs to get it to build and flash.

Lmao this guy plays on WoW private servers I have probably ganked him at some point in time.

This is what you get for using Android, user.

Hoping this leads to the start of something new

>haha April fools that say your system has been compromised... nicr one guys!
kek