What does Jow Forums think of the i7-8086k? Is it worth getting over the 8700k?

What does Jow Forums think of the i7-8086k? Is it worth getting over the 8700k?

Share your thoughts.

Attached: 8086k.jpg (800x600, 42K)

Why would anyone buy intel garbage right now? Don't you need like a fucking refrigerator to cool them down?

No it isn't worth it. See anandtech's review.
At stock it's actually slower than an 8700k in most tests (something to do with not being able to reach turbo as often). It OCs well, but not massively better than a well-binned 8700k from siliconlottery.

Only worth considering if you're seriously into extreme overclocking, in which case you probably wouldn't be asking this.

>Is it worth getting over the 8700k?
It's literally the same chip user.

>gets crushed by a 2700x stock
>barely beats it in multithreaded overclocks
>needs stupid cooling
>doesnt even come with a cooler let alone a decent one
this
nu/g/ay is fucking dumb

>unironically buying Jewtel in current fucking year

Its the same thing.

my 8700k does 5.1ghz in stock voltages easy

its only a 6 core ffs, we've had this since what 2010?

mine 5.2, but it's a fuckin pressure cooker

2700x fag here what temps ?

you want the truth or you want me to protect my ego lol?

Get a 2700x. You won't regret it.

As an intel fanboy, no, it is not worth getting. Just get a delidded 8700k from Silicon Lottery.

LOL my mates 7700k was the same mine still hits 76 degrees in heavy render stuff

they aint even silcone lottery tho thats wrong

nononono you dont understand the scope user, after the delid and the liquid ultra i still saw 100c user, i decked the ihs for clearance, still100 or so c
>I COULD FUCKIN BOIL WATER user

WOT

I COULD WHIP UP A FUCKIN STEW user, ON MINIMAL VOLTAGE user

I COULD WHIP UP A FUCKIN STEW, PRESSURE COOKER K user

We had this exact same thread yesterday, except with a different worded op. These intlel shills aren't even trying at this point.

TRUST AMD user, THEY CARE IF UR FUCKING HOUSE BURNS DOWN AT 1.2 volts

1 POINT FUCKIN 2 user,
WORST PURCHASING DECISION EVER
>I RUN MY fx8350 STILL FOR INTENSIVE TASKS

for 100 dollaros less you could get a 8700k which only oc for probably 0.2 ghz less since like 95% of them can reach 4.8 ghz
or you could go over for amd which beats or matches intel in almost everything but single core clock and 4-11% lower performance in gaymen which diminishes the higher resolution you go

IT CUTS IT STILL

this

FUCK YOU BRO THIS 8700K IS A FIRE HAZARD
>FUCK YOU user DON'T SELL YOUR OWN BROTHER THIS PIECE OF SHIT

STEER HIM AMD OR FIGHT ME

my sister uses a 8700k on her pc but yeah she needed a dh15 for reasonable oc clocks plus delid

DUDE IM FUCKING ON WATER RN
> DECENT OVERCLOCK OF FUCKIN POINT ONE GHZ

>4-11% lower performance in gaymen which diminishes the higher resolution you go
which is why i crank everything to 4k and have amazing minimum fps even on a 2.1ghz 1080 g1
so fucking fast at higher resolutions it feels like i am legit using something from 202x intel

I MEAN I GET IT BUT NOT EVEN THIS, GO TOP OF LINE RYZEN PLUS 2 1070's AND YOU'RE "FUTURE PROOF" FOR A FEW MONTHS.... THE ANSWER IS ABSO FUCKIN LUTELY DO NOT END UP IN MY BOAT WITH THIS

jesus christ amd shills are desperate

funny how my 1080 has lasted 2 years and with the zen its faster than any i7 ive ever had it in, really makes me think, especially the minimum fps

im saying do not buy it
>tf
did you even read?

exactly but more graphic intensive games can bog it, so I jacked 2 1070's off another rig and have had frames as far as my heat will allow

I'm the same guy in all mentions intel shill
>you sold me a nightmare FUCK YOUR WHORE MOTHER

I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE THIS MAD YU SOLD ME A STOCK CHIP AT 100C AT BASECLOCK YOU FUCKIN ASSHOLE

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT
i run all my games at 2.5-4k+ and most games get 100fps+ with the only limit being the gpu
holy fuck this board

>what a load of shit @ intel fanboys
not u lol

All this same fagging.
We really need ID's on this board.

fuck you shilll, dont push the kid shit, I wont have to reiterate so often

They really should make an i5-8088k to go with it

the peanut gallery has been workin hard today

it did worse in bechmarks than 8700k apperently.

you fucked up the liquid metal application maybe?

it's nothing special.
if it's the same price, or you just want a piece of history, buy it. otherwise, same thing.

also, not sure what the AMD basedboys with their 3.0ghz CPUs are so fucking salty about.

Attached: Screenshot_20170930-232311_01.jpg (418x574, 72K)

Waiting for 9nt gen with tb3 as a standard and fix to the specter. That or getting amd if no 9th gen any time soon.

Only if you plan on keeping it in the box and reselling it. There's plenty of money to be made of of Intel fanboys that see it as a collector's item.