Be brutally honest. Was it what it promised to be?

Be brutally honest. Was it what it promised to be?

Attached: 1497286480058.png (1000x890, 177K)

Yep. It's a $40 ARM computer that runs Linux.

A python interpreter. By definition.

It's not that great, but I guess it is good for tiny things.

It is pretty cool. I use mine as an adblocker for my entire network, no matter what device you use.

>Was it what it promised to be?
Yes.
But Jow Forums consumerists who just buy shit without having a use for it will tell you otherwise.

No, it was originally advertised as a way for children in developing countries to learn how to put program. It was never used for such a purpose and if those kids tried with the first one they would have killed themselves rather than deal with the slow ass thing.

it was supposed to be used in third world countries so no.

>wanting even more niggers and poos in tech
Thank god in didn't work.

> Live in third world country.
> They cost two or three times the US/EU price.

Attached: 1505590467764.jpg (400x381, 58K)

What country and where did you buy?

>No, it was originally advertised as a way for children in developing countries to learn how to put program.
It was proposed as a way to get kids in the UK into programming, and has seen mild success there.

Shitty specs for an overpriced and hugely overrated SBC? Yeah, it sure was.

Yes. I now play emulators on my TV at home

this

A typical case of "buy our product and you will become creative/non-lazy/professional/productive/buisnessman/hipster etc" marketing. Everyday we have threads by people who bought it and they don't know how to use it.
A meme like 3D printers. Personally, I actually 3D print... on university's printers, otherwise it'd be a waste of money.

I use it to install door and window control systems in buildings. It's great.

yes

It's a tiny low-powered computer. Great for hobby projects but you can't do anything needlessly complex or pretentious so Jow Forums doesn't like it

Let down by a lack of good software. RISC OS shows that its hardware is more than capable to run a fully-featured OS at the hardware level, but the code is lacking.

very nice for hobby stuff, I've used the one with wifi built in and bought a little screen for it, can't imagine how much time it would have taken me just to get a screen like that to work on a micro compared to changing a few settings on the pi.

All it was ever promised to be was a platform akin to a more modern BBC Micro or Commodore 64 for kids primarily in the UK to learn computing and coding with. In that, it's been reasonably successful.

In a more general hobbyist sense, I've gotten what I expected to out of it; a tiny, low-cost, low-power Linux computer for doing stuff that I don't really need a full PC for.

It may be one of the worst hardware to run Python on. Python on ARMv6 is just ass, no optimisation whatsoever. I don't know what gives on v7 and v8 though.

I don't think so. kids seldom seem interested in it.