Get FUCKING hype amdzen faggots

get FUCKING hype amdzen faggots
wccftech.com/exclusive-amd-navi-gpu-roadmap-cost-zen/
>Roadmap: AMD’s Navi 10 will arrive in late 2019 and will be the first non-GCN GPU, no Vega 7nm for gamers
>non-gcn
thank fucking christ i mean it aged well but scaled poorly past the 290x

Attached: file.png (1030x277, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next#GCN_5th_Generation_(Vega)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will still use a similar ISA.

>Vega 7nm will not be coming to gamers.
>Navi 10 will be the first Navi part to arrive and will be landing sometime in 2H 2019 or early 2020, depending on a couple of factors. The performance level of this part will be equivalent to Vega and it will be a small GPU based on 7nm.
>Navi 14 will follow Navi 10 soon after.
>Navi 20 is going to be the true high-end GPU built on the 7nm node and as things stand right now, you are tentatively looking at it landing sometime around 2021.
>Navi will also be the first architecture to transition away from GCN (and along with it, the 4096 SP / 64 CU limit that is inherent to the uArch implementation.)
>‘Next-Gen’ architecture is the uArch formerly codenamed KUMA internally before AMD decided it didn’t like that name too much (oops) and will be based on the same brand new major architecture that AMD rolls out with Navi.

>Remember when Lisa said that ‘7nm GPUs will be arriving for gamers’? Well, notice she never said 7nm Vega will be arriving for gamers – the GPU in question was Navi. Navi 10 to be more specific, and from what I know, this will not be a high-end part. It looks like NVIDIA won’t be facing any competition on the gaming side of things from Radeon even in 2019.

OOOOOOOOOF

>Navi 14 will be the immediate successor to Navi 10 and not much was revealed about this part except that it will come after 10.
>Navi 20 is the GPU that you are waiting for and will be a true high-end gaming GPU manufactured on the 7nm process by AMD. The downside? it won’t be coming anytime soon. In fact, our source stated it could take as long as 2021 before it sees the light of day.
>ISA
so? its like how pascal, maxwell and kepler are all similar to fermi

The only decent AMD product was 7970. Hope they can live up to that gpu again

agreed
t. 6970 290 390 390x owner
skipped fury and vega

Attached: file.png (740x417, 308K)

>trusting Paki-Pajeet tech
The URL should be filtered and blacklisted here.
There is no hard limit to CU count in GCN, any implementation of it. The limiting factors have always been memory bandwidth and ROP throughput. The ROPs and Xbar could be changed, and it would still be a GCN implementation. It can scale to N CU.

AMD touted a 2X increase in energy efficiency with 7nm Vega, and a 35% performance uplft, which would make it competitive with the 1080ti at lower power. I have a hard time believing they'd put money into the design, get those figures, and not try to reach a high volume market with it. No one lines up to buy EOL arch on the prosumer and enterprise market. They'd sell a couple thousand units at most. It either has legs or its not worth fabbing.

The RX480 was pretty decent when undervolted.

So their next GPU is mid-tier navi in 2018?

Can they hurry up already? I've been waiting since the 390 to buy a GPU and prices keep getting worse / AMD keeps underdelivering

>The URL should be filtered and blacklisted here.
oh yeah because being accurate 9.9/10 is so bad
navi is the new polaris except non gcn and likely will be a monolithic core instead of the multi core infinity fabric insanity of next gen 202x stuff

Attached: file.png (1030x579, 328K)

>late 2019

Attached: eex5r.jpg (620x826, 50K)

>RX480

I had so many fucking problems with Sapphire card. Got rid of that shit during the big mining boom for the same price I bought it a year before. Hope that bitch suffers in some mining rig

>t. Intel aviv jew

the navi 20 is 3 years away user
gonna have to suck my 1080's dick till it breaks again but at least it am on comfy 1080p for the duration
290-390s i had where horrible housefires
390x had a good cooler i ripped the crap fans off and put 12cm case fans on, did the same to my 1080 with new thermal paste and it runs 2ghz+ minimum low temps

>hurrr they're totally accurate guys
Still waiting on that 24thread Kaveri APU with GDDR5.

How fucking stupid and illiterate are you?

>Kaveri APU
>kaveri
>apu
>2011+8 years
LEL off yourself if you wanted to game on a apu that shit is for portables and consoles
Raven ridge is the new shit going forward

Fucks sake I don't care what it is I just want 580 or better performance for

W A I T F A G BTFO

Attached: Drake - Hotline Bling.webm (1920x1080, 2.84M)

>missing the point entirely because you're a tech illiterate /v/kiddie
SandnigTech ran numerous articles about totally fabicated AMD parts. They have a long history of doing so. They're wrong more often than not. The only time they report on accurate information is when they just blatantly copy/paste from another outlet.
Only utter retards read currytech.

7950 was better

>the navi 20
I never buy into high-end. My current GPU is 1070 and previously I owned 7870. All I want from navi is stability, feature completeness and silence (things that nvidia can't deliver). Buying high-end was never a good choice, especially since nvidia pushed the price into thousands.

BTW I expect to use navi on my current windows 7 install (which I did on 3570k, then moved to 1600 and will move to 3800x next year, fuck win10).

based.

1600 here, my Crosshair six hero is ready for that sweet 8c 5Ghz CPU.

MCM will never make it to the consumers without massive premiums or further iterations in design due to substrate cost and the memory latency; it wouldn't be suitable for geometry throughput. It'll be prosumer at the very most.

Vega 7nm is likely a software stepping stone and 7nm preview for them to put more work into the GPGPU sector which is dominated hard by nVidia's hegemony.

i mean i'm not even mad, if they keep developing rocm to a cuda standard then it's good

>past the 290x
and what exactly was gcn past 290x?
rebrands don't count and fury was hbm

Underage faggot detected.

The Fury and Vega cards are still both using the GCN architecture, you dumb hick. The type of memory used has literally nothing to do with it.

>being this fucking stupid
All modern AMD GPU arch is a GCN iteration

sure they are, pal

Southern Islands, Sea Islands, Volcanic Islands/GCN3, Polaris, and VEGA are all GCN, child.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next#GCN_5th_Generation_(Vega)

In before "lol I was only pretending to be retarded!!1"

>MCM will never make it to the consumers without massive premiums or further iterations in design due to substrate cost and the memory latency
MCM will arrive with minimal penalties to latency, will be in consumer space, and hardware abstraction will be dealt with driver side and be mostly invisible to the software.

This aka Zen gpu edition
The apus will be ground breaking

>Navi 10 will not be a high-end part
>Navi 20 could take as long as 2021
>No competition from AMD, room for more jewery from NVidia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
/V/ BTFO
FUCK YOU GAMERS

Hey dude just buy X80 nvidia because AMD won't release high end graphics until 2021, wait for navi BTFO.

I already have a 1080 sitting at 2ghz boost
LOL enjoy getting jewed by nominers

last AMD gpu was an RX480, AMD never again, i am getting Nvidia from now on, at least games will run more smooth since mayor devs optimize more for Nvidia than anything.

Fake. Navi was already confirmed to be GCN based.
It's after Navi that it'll be an actual all-new arch.

You're the same faggots who believe currytech and believe the 1180 is already out.

>KUMA
SHOCK

Yep.
It's 99% likely that this Navi with GTX1080/V64 performance is just going to be something like ~54 ROPs, ~40-44CU Vega, dieshrunk. Probably without the half rate fp64 of Vega 7nm and some other features.
It's still GCN. It's just Vega already fixed the problem of CU and ROP scallability. It's just a matter of trimming down the enterprise features and giving more ROPs than CUs for a focus on games. It's not a new arch. And it should be out in early 2019, not 2H 2019, unless they wind up launching a 12nm GDDR5X/GDDR6 Polaris refresh first instead.
Memory may be GDDR5X, GDDR6. Could possibly have 2GB of HBM2 at 1200MHz as an "L4 cache" if GDDR5X.

They're just going to be calling it Navi and not Vega to separate that it's gaming focused while Vega was prosumer and enterprise focused.

Vega is actually an extremely good arch if you give it more ROPs than CUs. Vega M GH is great, and would be around RX570 performance or better at a ~25% smaller die size despite the same process if it were at desktop clock rates and had the 2x 2GB 1200MHz HBM stacks.
They are simply tweaking Vega a bit to make it more gaming focused and putting it on 7nm. Many AMD employees have confirmed this already in leaks. And no fucking shit, because it's the obvious path to take.

There is also likely to be a model that competes with the 1180.

user is referring to how fucking retarded the currytech rumors are, you tard. They are NEVER correct.

That user is right, though.
I had both a 9700 Pro and 7970. 7970 lasted much longer. 7970 is indisputably the best consumer GPU ever made by a long shot.
9700 and 6800GT are a distant second place.
Doesn't matter that 7970 didn't introduce anything particularly ground breaking like a unified shader model. It gave boatloads of compute, async compute, and supported cutting edge APIs all for a reasonable price.

What problems did you have? Mine is fine.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-06-12_13-36-31.png (755x411, 68K)

>That user is right, though.
No he's not, you fucking retarded namefag cunt. Maybe actually read his fucking post and see that you're literally disagreeing with it yourself. Fucking dumb piece of shit. Kill yourself.

>no mention of 4000/5000 series
>no mention of 9800, only 9700
>6800 GT
That user might be underaged, but you are clinically retarded.

Oh that part where he said it wasn't simply the best product of theirs, but that it was the
>the only decent [AMD] product
which isn't correct. 290 was good. 4000, 5000, and to a lesser degree 6000 series were all good. 9000 series was unbelievable. Xbox GPU, if I'm not mistaken, actually invented the unified shader model.

I misread it as saying that was simply their best product and you're correct, user.

Nice curry site, OP.

AMD is fucking done. They haven't made any improvements since 290. I'm going to buy 1080 TI or 1180 after I get my paycheck in September.

Attached: 1528769218262.png (732x710, 422K)

imagine being this autistic

imagine being an AMDrone

Attached: 1528826962579.png (508x477, 205K)

Why did you buy the same gpu 3 times????

Because I misread something? What does misreading have to do with autism?
You're retarded.