GNOME way

>here's your file manager, bro

Attached: screenshot_1395.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

extensions.gnome.org/extension/1395/files-view/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=default&id=298848
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It spits the unix philosophy right in the face

For God's sake, this is a joke, right? Why foot developers are so fucking pieces of shit?

Attached: 1455821597625.jpg (340x444, 34K)

like almost everything added to unix since BSD in 1977

cat size icons

What extensions have you enabled to create this monstruosity? Even out of the box is way less shitty than this.

source on that

look at this pleb with babyduck syndrome. This is how modern desktop should work, not your ancient win95 shit with windows and sidebars and panels and trees, it's all BLOAT. This here is sleek, clean, fresh, modern, intuitive - this is the future.

At first I thought this was some joke about the gnome menu accidentily showing folders or something, then I realised this is more likely ACTUALLY the gnome file manager. Absolute state of footfetishists.

extensions.gnome.org/extension/1395/files-view/

Attached: 1528752753435.jpg (720x757, 51K)

go back to your gimp containment thread

this is intermediate quality bait

Gnome is such fucking cancer. One thing that makes my blood boil is how they choose to put files and folder mixed in the file picker. Why? for what fucking reason? I know you can change it, in the fucking dconf editor, another blood brilliant idea, importing one of the worst things abut MS Windows (the registry) into Linux

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-12_15-41-49.png (1059x761, 150K)

>Dear diary, today is June 12, 2018, the latest version of gnome is 3.28.2 and its filepicker still doesn't have thumbnail view
>Im starting to lose faith...

Attached: 8509376-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 141K)

You shouldn't be using GNUisNotUnix/Linux if you want something that follows the UNIX philosophy. Are you retarded?

i never understood why the GNOME guys hate dotfiles so much.

I'm quietly waiting for 9front to take off, while using my own busybox/musl distro

>non-POSIX C
>ever taking off

Are you sure you didn't put a link to your home folder in the favorite files thing?

Nice try

Attached: file manager.png (890x597, 38K)

Because GNOME doesn't give a shit about its users. If they want something, then by god, they're going to force it into their desktop

>it's all BLOAT.
>he says this yet GNOME is one of the heaviest DEs of them all

you know it's not really that much different if you think about it

>his babby tier computer can't handle a full-featured desktop environment

>gnome
>full-featured
it's barebones as fuck
no desktop icons
no tray
no taskbar
no thumbnails in filepicker
mutter is 100x worse compared to kwin
nautilus is 10000x worse compared to dolphin

the only thing it has going for is being backed by redhat and as such rammed down everyone's throats as STANDARD DE in ma

>use KDE
>has a mediocre flat theme
>works as intended
>feels just the same as the Windows 10 UI
>file picker will show thumbnails in Firefox

>use Gnome
>UI is a clusterfuck
>file explorer is an Android app drawer
>app drawer lags when opening no matter how good your hardware is
>thick and ugly window controls
>looks like shit and works like shit
>memory leaks out the ass
>can't even place files on the desktop

Stop making Linux look bad, you dumb footfags.

Attached: 1528301202370.png (838x1198, 908K)

>file picker will show thumbnails in firefox
pic or you're lying

faggot

Attached: Screenshot_20180612_181319.png (1366x768, 290K)

Looks nice.

Attached: event-horizon-sam-neill.jpg (640x374, 32K)

>opensuse
oh nvm

It just works. Remain buttblasted, Gnome subhuman.

I use kde

Attached: devuan.png (1366x768, 668K)

Install the patched version of Firefox.

I will never get over how sexy header bars are.

Firefox is officially a GNOME(TM) app. They won't add KDE support.
Note that this is marked as "RESOLVED WONTFIX"
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=default&id=298848
Use Chromium, or forever be a second class citizen.

>being intentionally retarded

>Use Chromium
No.
>or forever be a second class citizen
Not as long as openSUSE exists.

So install the patched version. It's default in openSUSE, there's a PPA for Ubuntu, and I'm sure some nerd put it in the AUR.

meanwhile KDE 5.13 is fantastic

too bad it's stuck on an inferior os

Imagine having to patch your web browser for a simple file picker.

GNOME is a PC oriented environment, and Object based software rarely goes with any KISS philosophy. The "Unix Philosophy" isn't a philosophy, just a superficial term for the cultural norm of text file driven software. If anything, I think the Unix Philosophy is obsolete. Writing shell scripts that call little C programs is not very efficient. This is especially true when relatively modern languages like Python have all those fancy string extraction, regex, and general utilities underneath. The term is pretty much only relevant to Linux hipsters that stumbled upon the term on Wikipedia.

Fairly sure that's meant for touch interfaces.

If you don't like it just use a different file manager duh.

No idea why it even should. I feel like the Gnome Community likes to pretend this stuff is running on shiny new touch based laptops and tablets. It's just adding insult to injury, and the injury is the incompatibilities Linux has with modern hardware.

meanwhile in kde...

Attached: Screenshot_20180612_210116.png (1153x853, 177K)

>extension

Attached: 1528852151634.jpg (80x80, 3K)

Python is comprised of sacks of excrement with dead and dying horses carrying the turds. If you can't shell/awk then fuck off and die hipster sht.

Yeah bro, the industry is going through a brief rise in the demand for bash and awk/sed monkeys. Dumbfuck

Continued from
I've taken a Unix course where I learned awk/sed and bash. I've also taken a web science course where I learned Python. Guess which tool I made the most use out of? Try scraping JSON with awk/sed, holy hell. Don't even get me started on jq, that hasn't been maintained in 3 years.

there is a reason firefucks dropped below 10% market share

Attached: 2018-06-12 21_48_28-Mozilla Announces $225,000 for Art and Advocacy Exploring Artificial Intelligenc (1057x462, 38K)

how can I configure pulse to "sink" the audio into my DAC rather than speakers?

what are you trying to false flag?

I feel the same, i like firefox but i often feel pretty let down by their bad linux support (gpu and video acceleration mainly). As you say their priorities are often strange at best (even when we talk about windows).

This but not chromiun pls

When are you going to switch to KDE OP?

Attached: neofetch-2018-06-12-09-30-05-4286.png (1920x1080, 453K)

kdialog context menu is kinda shit. Better than gtk but still shit compared to windows.

GNOME is garbage
they have tens or even hundreds of people involved and had hundreds of thousands of dollars which they wasted on outreach programs and their file manager works like shit for years and will still work like shit for years mark my words
meanwhile pcmanfm which was mainly developed by one dude in china and no money whatsoever work better

right click you stupid idiot

that's the least of it's issues but instead of fixing any of them have you seen what they did to the settings?

>rapes your hdd
>fills your ram
t. nautilus