Intel 10nm

Where did they fuck up so hard?
Using cobalt and copper together?
Quadruple patterning?

Attached: Intel 10nm.jpg (1920x1084, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/diversity/diversity-at-intel.html
fortune.com/2018/03/30/intel-diversity-report-2017/
intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/diversity.html
venturebeat.com/2017/02/28/45-of-intels-new-hires-are-diverse-but-underrepresented-minorities-are-just-12-5-of-work-force/
quora.com/What-is-a-process-node
blogs.intel.com/csr/2017/02/annual-report-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They fucked up around 2013 with overheating Haswell. That was the first draw.
Then they fucked up with Skylake which was overhyped as revolutionary, but didn't bring much to the table.
Then they badly fucked up with overheating, gluejob of Kaby Lake.
Then they massively fucked up with Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X jokes with ridiculous limitations and stuff like physical dongles for RAID.
Then they apocaliptically fucked up with Spectre and Meltdown.

OP, the 10nm process dead alley is just the tip of the iceberg of a 5 year long, ongoing sinking of this company.

What are you mean white guys talking about? Intel has been making tremendous strides in other highly problematic areas like undoing the patriarchy that has been set forth by the Privileged White Man.

"Since our baseline in 2014, our gap to full representation has narrowed from 2300 employees to 376 employees – an 84% improvement."
- An 84% Improvement is monumental in the year on year increase of IPC at 5%

“If you do not intentionally include, you will unintentionally exclude,” Barabara Whye, Intel’s chief diversity and inclusion officer, told Fortune."

“Intel has a bonus structure such that roughly 7% of our employee bonuses across the Intel enterprise are tied to the diversity business objective"

"Inclusion is the ground where innovation takes root." "I'm Intel Malaysia's 1st female Principal Engineer! My secrets to success"

intel.com/content/www/us/en/diversity/diversity-at-intel.html

fortune.com/2018/03/30/intel-diversity-report-2017/

intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/diversity.html

venturebeat.com/2017/02/28/45-of-intels-new-hires-are-diverse-but-underrepresented-minorities-are-just-12-5-of-work-force/

All y'all angry Incel white machochists should take notes, Intel will have 100% diversity representation at the end of 2020.

Attached: intel-diversity.jpg (800x763, 34K)

Yeah, I understand Intel dropped the ball on microarchitectures but I was wondering if anyone on Jow Forums could explain why the Intel 10nm process is so shit compared to GF/Samsung/TSMC considering that Intel has always had a massive advantage in process in the past.

>intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/diversity.html
What the actual fuck?

>expecting the brainlets of Jow Forums to explain the intricacies of semiconductor fabrication to you
You in the wrong neighborhood, whiteboi.

>Where did they fuck up so hard?

With this guy

Attached: 1497811003710.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

What was the only good Intel Gen? anyone feel free to respond.

Dothan.

>What was the only good Intel Gen?

Sandybridge.

this
2500k was the shit

Kek this

Sandy Bridge

and they've basically improved at a snail pace since then for every new gen so far, at least for normal consumers , have no idea whats going on server side.

Scared now? You little white Negro? Lots of companies on the upside have adopted the bulletproof Diversity of people equals diversity of good ideas. Soon Intel will use the power of Big Blue-haired Beauties to create the new Intel Femcore™ team that has produced the ultimate FemaleProcessingUnit™ to CRUSH mysoginistic competitors. Its patented Equality of Outcome doctrine has ensured 100% equal distributions to all FemCores™ Queercores, GayCores and 192 other GendersCores are all included as opposed to a competitors 32 Simultaneous Misoginistic Males

They went for a 2.7x density increase instead of 2.4x like they normally do and that bit them in the ass.

>Scared now? You little white Negro?

> why the Intel 10nm process is so shit compared to GF/Samsung/TSMC
Lokk at the OP picture. They are trying to reduce everything. Process node is determined by the space between transistor gates and transistors, see quora.com/What-is-a-process-node for example.
Which means Intel did bite more than it can chew, nobody else is trying to make everything smaller at once, everybody else make some parts of a transistor smaller.

Yeah. They realised competitors are catching up and decided to put all their transistors in the same sillicon wafer etch.

"Creating an inclusive supply chain

Creating an inclusive supply chain is an important way to extend our diversity efforts to the global communities where we operate. In 2016, we surpassed our goal to spend $400 million with diverse owned suppliers, reaching $555 million in diverse spending. Intel was the first company to launch supplier diversity in Germany where we matched NGOs to bring certification for women-owned businesses. This year, we expanded our program to five more countries, bringing our global program to a total of 24 countries."

"Investing in underserved populations: disabled, veterans, and the LGBTQ community

In accordance with our far-reaching Diversity and Inclusion goals, Intel Capital announced in November the expansion of its ICAP Diversity Fund beyond startups led by women and underrepresented minorities. The Fund will now include startups led by people with disabilities, U.S. military veterans or members of the LGBTQ community. Intel Capital President Wendell Brooks also announced the expectation that all members of his investment bring forward diverse startups for investment consideration. The $125 million fund is the largest diversity-focused fund in the venture capital industry."

I'll stop LARPING because even I cannot wing this much opressed narrative in combination of a multi-billion dollar company seeking to destroy itself.

blogs.intel.com/csr/2017/02/annual-report-2016/

JUST

The P6 was really good for its time.

"At Intel, we believe that a workforce made up of people with unique experiences, varied points of view, and diverse skills makes us a stronger company."

Then why is diversity based on skin color

if they're so for equality and fairness for the minorities why they pay their Indian employees less than 10% of that an evil white male makes back in the US?

The core series up to skylake was fairly good progression given there was 0 competion like at all.

if ther that its leaps and bounds but missing things like PCI-e channels and other mishaps on the motherboard side of things and choice of IHC

DELID

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

But intel chips are still faster than the competition even after the meltdown fixes.

>COBALT and COPPER
I swear I read a fuck-long article about this horrible move by Intel for using Cobalt and Copper instead of copper only but I forgot to bookmark. That's holding 'em back for achieving acceptable yields for 10nm

Some fag explained it good to me but I forgot, it wasn't inherently the cobalt/copper but the way they did it that made their cpus almost non-functional