How good are you with maths Jow Forums? For example everyone could do some derivatives...

How good are you with maths Jow Forums? For example everyone could do some derivatives, but could you calculate derivative of f(x)=cosx in point x0=Pi/4 (using only definition)?? Sometimes i think i am too much of a brainlet to be programmer

Attached: pepe glasses.jpg (641x530, 41K)

Derivation is piss easy, although I haven't done it by hand in 10 years so I would have to have a quick glimpse at the rules again to refresh my knowledge.

But in general, I'm quite shit at mathematics. However, through hard work and dedication, I worked through all the obligatory match classes in uni, and got passing grades, and for some reason, "computer maths" (algos, discrete mathematics, logic, statistics etc) somehow stick because I'm able to understand their practicality.

die fucking frogposter

Attached: download (2)__01.png (132x224, 26K)

If you don't have access to a symbolic toolbox, use the finite difference method. Be careful with numerical stability, though.

I'm finishing my Calc 2 final tomorrow, literally.

d/dx (cos pi/4) = -sin(pi/4) = -sqrt(2)/2

Is that what you wanted?

wew nice thinly veiled homework thread faggot
how much of a brainlet do you have to be to not be able to use limits

It's just the chain rule that gets a little hazy after a while.

Might as well cheat sheet it now, just like the rest of the math nerds.

>stem brainlets posting answers ITT
>inadvertently helping some underageb& with homework

Easy as fuck.
So cos'(pi/4)=-sqrt(2)/2

Attached: Untitled.png (400x400, 19K)

>chain rule
I was going to type "substitution rule" (closer to what it's called in my own language), but realized that it was probably not called that in English. Yes, that's the rule I always forget.

>inadvertently helping some underageb& with homework
Even if they weren't underage, what's wrong with helping someone who posts here with their homework?

Lots of brainlets ITT

Attached: diffdef.png (226x53, 2K)

>Cosine prime
Are you trolling hard, user?

What? Did I misread the question?

you'll be fine. programmers are brainlets who couldn't hack it to be mathematicians.

Improper notation, user...

What? Where?

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO POST FUCKING HOMEWORK QUESTIONS? LOOK AT THE DELETED POSTS OF A /sci/ ARCHIVE DAMNIT

easily, but basic calculus with trigonometry only becomes obvious when you consider complex (imaginary) numbers and taylor series, learning proofs is the only way to truly understand maths

>learning proofs is the only way to truly understand maths

And I guess most modern college teachers will disagree with that.

Am I fucked then? Lols.

Linear algebra and statistics

I was blind but now I see.

No they would not, it is essential to any mathematics degree, but maybe for engineers they skip it for practicality.

t. math phd

no that's just memorization
he said using only definition, like as in limit definition

>For example everyone could do some derivatives
>BUT could you calculate derivative of (one of the simplest formula to derive)
what the fuck OP, is this bait?
-sin(pi/4)

>Math PhD

Still jelly that you guys get paid pretty well, but only to teach math, since that's all a math degree is useful for nowadays it seems, right?

I'm not. I went to government school. It doesn't matter because we have calculators for this.

die fucking "die fucking frogposter" poster

Attached: 253D7C8C19B341B9AD09133310B7598E.gif (547x433, 94K)