Why is Windows 10 so bad really? Is it really so bad to trade a bit of privacy for a lot of convenience?

Why is Windows 10 so bad really? Is it really so bad to trade a bit of privacy for a lot of convenience?

Attached: IMG_5780.jpg (637x358, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

conspiracy.wikia.com/wiki/Windows_10:_User_betrayal
dmca.gripe
youtube.com/watch?v=WbEPCC_Z_Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People are obsessed with privacy. People today are all paranoid, we live in a paranoid society.

If raped hdds and forced reboots are convenient for you, sure.
>frogposter
Fuck, I took the bait.

>Is it really so bad to trade a bit of privacy for a lot of convenience?
What convenience?

Privacy aside, it's the buggiest OS Microsoft has ever made. Every update is a game of Russian roulette. It's the result of clueless art students and cheap offshore labor making an operating system.

>hdd
>2018

that's not true

Yes that's right goy trust the big corporations.
It's not like they programmed your computer to do things behind your back or anything.

How can anyone think its okay for their computer to do things they don't want?

>"Why is X so bad?"
>proceeds to say why it's so bad, and ask if it's not worth it anyway
If you don't respect the reason it's bad, then it's worth it.

For real though. Every update breaks new stuff. Like a couple months ago when an update broke rdp and printer redirection and cost our company hundreds of hours in a single day. That was cool.

It was made and still developed by Indian niggers like every other Windows

Reminder.

Attached: windows vs linux.jpg (1000x922, 235K)

An update a couple days ago broke my computer's sound and rolling back didn't fix it.
This shit just isn't stable, if I had the motivation to set up Linux properly I would never come back.

LTSB doesn't have this problem.

>raped hdds
What do you mean?

You see this: That is what I was talking about.

>set up Linux properly
Just install any baby's first Linux and you're set.

>People today are all paranoid, we live in a paranoid society.
Not really 99% don't give a fuck

this crap is literally unusable, constant crashes memory leaks and FUCKING UPDATES that can AND WILL mess up your system forcing you to either reinstall it or hope that microshit will repair this problem
oh and they won't, never

If only the "convenience" wasn't a bloated unoptimized OS.

>constant crashes
I have being using Windows 10 since many years and it hasn't crashed once.

>People are obsessed with privacy
This board and niche forums don't represent the general public.
>People today are all paranoid, we live in a paranoid society.
Have you not been online since 2013?

ever been told, that if something isnt broken, don't fix it? well thats kinda where were at with this bullshit.

i dont fucking NEED dx12

Win10 removed hdd caching.

Microsoft is using their latest OS to spearhead in to the information market. That's not something I'd want to use.
How can people take such massive privacy invasions so lightly.

problem is it trades all your privacy for a tiny bit of convenience even meme linux distros offer

>convenience
I went out of my way to block MS servers. The ONLY time Windows was near my Debian in terms of convenience is when I got Chocolatey installed.

If you don't have choco, you should give it a shot.

It isn't. Stop listening to autistic ricers, who do nothing productive. If you want to get work done, you use Windows and since Win7 will soon stop being updated, you might as well go with Win10.

That meme made sense when it was about Ubuntu vs Arch, but the main argument against Windows is the botnet, not the bloat (though it is pretty damn bloated too).

Attached: 1497553049037.gif (1000x773, 327K)

why do botnet users always feel the need to throw insults at botnet free people / convince others to use botnets too? if you're truly comfortable with companies knowing everything about you and sell the info than why do you need to proof yourself in every damn thread?

Attached: kiuinyan.png (600x337, 74K)

t incel that never sees the sun
My work comp was provided by my employer, I have no need to use privacy invasive software on my personal computer.

Nice try, user. As if Jow Forums doesn't constantly shit on Windows and its users.

>My work comp was provided by my employer, I have no need to use privacy invasive software on my personal computer.
Well, thanks for proving my point.

i like it

Attached: 156102938475.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

this. all they're using my data for is to show me ads that get stopped by adblocker anyway. It has no meaningful effect on my existence.

>1492 + 526
>not using an SSD
I have multiple windows 10 machines and I cannot remember one time that it has actually forced me to reboot when I wasn't shutting it down already

someone forgot Vista exists

Attached: tumblr_p7fnsytbNp1wr60xso9_400.jpg (400x400, 16K)

many MANY bricked pc's
I would know, windows 10 bricked my pc a few months ago

Do you post contrarian bullshit on every board with your whore waifu?

leave her alone

yes

Attached: 1424718197377.jpg (500x410, 71K)

This

If you hate updates so much why don't you disable them you whiny fucks?
You're also implying that Linux doesn't get updates on a daily fucking basis

Windows 10 Education is pretty comfy for muh games, I might reinstall windows 8.1, it was comfy too with a real start menu installed

Why do you lash out with anger over your shit operating system

Attached: 1508915769269.jpg (576x351, 28K)

>windows
>200 mb update and forces restart
>linux
>700kb update for a handful of libraries, no update necessary
>mac
>update reapplies root access bug because the developers didn't merge patches properly

>mac
>update reapplies root access bug because the developers didn't merge patches properly
10/10

Attached: f434550232.gif (207x207, 1.37M)

sounds like a YOU issue.

>Linux
>Update whenever you want but its recommended to do it

>Windows
>We're updating YOUR computer now restart you fuck
>nags you every hour
>I literally have updates turned off
?????

just nitpicking but MacOS has been free since 2013 carry on with the rest tho

--t. assblasted OP that never had to fight the government

fucking lmao

> for a lot of convenience?
*a little bit of convenience

a lot of things are quite inconvenient and quite awkward to use.

>convenience
that is the strangest way of spelling VIDEO GAMES i have ever seen

>convenience
>windows
What? It's only convenient if you're used to all the inconvenient shit you have to deal with.

Do you have a fhd wallpaper?
I like it

>paranoid
Its not called paranoid, its called reality. Have you read the Snowden files? At least read their terms of service.

>start
>turn off
>install automatic updates and shutdown*
no
>logoff
>shutdown
>shutdown without installing updates
fuck you windows 10

>windows update
>advanced options
>Delivery optimization
>allow stuxnet on my pc
>advanced options
>download settings: CANT TURN OFF
>upload settings:CAN'T TURN OFF

windows update is a great way to get malware from infected machines distributing signed vira

oh i forgot
>start menu
>web search by default
>can't turn off web search

>little bit of privacy
even if that was remotely true,
>a lot of convenience?
what fucking convenience? seriously, only someone who has never seriously used another OS could say with a straight face that Windows 10 is a convenient OS to use

>forced updates
>bricking computers with said forced updates
>closed source and so bad it's essentially gratis
>telemetry
>so bloated that it can't even run on an Intel i5 and i7

Shut the hell up. Windows doesn't "just werk". Linux "just werks" better on nearly everything, and if it doesn't you're obviously too retarded to enable proprietary repos so you can get graphics drivers and don't need to be on a computer anyways. Take your iPad and go back to daycare where you belong

>disk 100%

Why

conspiracy.wikia.com/wiki/Windows_10:_User_betrayal

Attached: Screenshot_20180531_134354.png (1920x1080, 923K)

It's not the privacy what I hate Windows 10; it's the update.
We should have the choice of updating our OS when NOT THE GODDAMN SYSTEM ITSELF.

Windows is extremely inconvenient.

On a fresh 10 install there was no reboot option under the windows button. So I tried to use cortana to search for reboot.

It sent me to bing and the reboot cartoon.

I wish greivous bodily harm on all Windows developers. I want them to stroke the fuck out.

>convenience
Ever since 1803 update Windows keeps freezing and crashing on me

Not trolling but I legitimately haven't had any major issues with Win10 on my T430. I've deactivated all the background bullshit, privacy toggles and startup crap on day one and its been working great.

In fact, I'd probably prefer a modern/popular OS not only for compatibility but also for troubleshooting if shit even does break.

Attached: 1528672287515.webm (340x450, 2.9M)

It's not a lot of convenience. Windows 7 is far more convenient and free (not truly free, but you can cut the entire botnet part of it out).

You can see the exhaustion in her eyes.
Poor whore.

Also you haven't noticed issues because you're not fucking aware of them, you probably only use your laptop for youtube and chinese cartoons. The second you try using your computer as a COMPUTER is the moment you realize every issue with windows in general, but particularly 10.

>I've deactivated all the background bullshit, privacy toggles and startup crap on day one
If you've installed a single update (which you have since you can't avoid it, even with active hour timer loops), those have been reset about a dozen times.

exhaustion?

Dude that's fetal alcohol mixed with massive plastic surgery. She looks like something that belongs on a fucking cold slab in area 51 holy shit you fucking jackass.

I'm tired of Jow Forums's privacy meme. Privacy doesn't exist anymore. The only way you can have 100% privacy is to cut yourself off from the internet completely. No cellphone, no computer, no credit-card, live out in the woods. Yet here we are with hundreds of "privacy conscious" individuals here shitposting about how W10 is the worst thing to happen to privacy ever while their info gets mined by the second.

Attached: 1528576083500.jpg (250x180, 4K)

>soon
lol, wait until it actually does stop working, then w10 will have got enough beta testing

>j-just wait until you do something that you don't usually do, THEN it'll break!

It doesn't matter what I tell you that I do on my computer; you'll always say this.

I installed win10 when it was free and I'm on the 1803 build now; literally none of those settings have changed. You talk about windows as though its a local boogeyman that your friends told you about.

Attached: 1519871633409.gif (366x381, 1.93M)

lies. you know that you have access to 1/3 of the settings. and now you specifically can't turn them off

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive for the privacy that you CAN have.

God damn you are a retard. Were you born this stupid, or did this evolve over time?

Just admit that you're replying only so you can see more cute japanese slut gifs, because otherwise you have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: 1469151465440.gif (200x356, 1.88M)

dmca.gripe
お願い

>you jackass
>after insulting her far, far worse
ok

I used windows up until last year, and was a first adopter of Windows 10. I actually quite liked it.
Until they started rolling out more and more updates, removing and changing more and more features, resetting more and more things, shoving their default shit more and more onto me
At first I shrugged it off exactly like you, OH ITS NO BIG DEAL I'LL JUST RESET THIS
Except now those resets didn't work
The things I did to make my computer run how I wanted no longer worked because microsoft updated my computer to prevent that from doing what I wanted
About the 4th time my update settings reset themselves after a major patch is when I jumped ship.

They're being reset. They're doing shit against your will. They're telling you how your computer should work instead of vice versa. You're literally just not looking, at all.
I don't hate Windows aside from developing on it, but you're a fucking retard if you think they're not jerking your chain every update.

>A BLOO BLOO BLOO YOU'RE A LINTARD BOOGEYMAN SHILL!
Been using linux less than a year and it still annoys the fuck out of me, but at least I know why my computer is being retarded instead of "an update broke something, you can't fix it because registry, reinstall!"

That was from other distros vs Arch faggot, it makes no sense

iie ',:^)

Dude, its been like 3 years of win10 on this computer and I've had many updates and not one reset anything other than my desktop background occasionally. Nothing has ever been reset on me; I check every time because I too find that annoying. I've never had a program stop running because of an update either and I run many different programs on this machine.

Attached: 1364527174731.gif (544x288, 1.52M)

Because disabling doesn't matter since they don't give a fuck?

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=WbEPCC_Z_Ig

This
There is nothing convenient about win 10
Win7 however is

Attached: pervy dog.png (153x200, 65K)

As long as Windows 10 can't handle multiple screens with different refresh rates I'm sticking to Windows 7.

>Privacy
W10 is bad for much more than just the privacy issues.
It's a mess of an operating system and nothing is ever where you expect it to be. It has 2 control panels and a settings "app" and everything is split between all 3. It looks like a patchwork, like they took W8 and mangled it into a windows environment, instead of making it anew because 8 was just bad. Then you have the ugly environment that just makes your computer look like blocky flat trash and the misleading prompts ("Windows needs to update. [Okay] [Continue]").
And on top of it all, it just looks down at you. It handles you like a little kid and doesn't trust your decision making ability. It doesn't trust you with updates or with your settings. You can't uninstall a Windows program without it coming back the next time your computer updates. Messages shown to you are worded like an adult talking to a child. As user interface, these messages are obnoxiously condescending.

Privacy is the least of my troubles when using Windows 10. I switched off to 7 because of all but the update related points, and an additional private issue I had with performance. A friend is now switching off because a compulsory update brought back some graphical bug he managed to get rid of before.

Attached: 1502139287260.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

I can agree to this.

Trisquel is a good option

The choco repositories offer pure shit, I rather go the page of the programm I need

>all they're using my data for is to show me ads
Doesn't W10 have a feature that sends all your WiFi password to Microsoft and distributes them to your social media friends? And if you don't use social media, merely letting your normie family member or friend with default privacy settings connect to your home network means your password is now out there?
Also, data getting constantly sent over to an outer source is consuming data plan, if such exist for users. Having been stuck in military bases with nothing but a smallish data plan on my phone to connect to the internet, I wouldn't want something to connect to the internet in the background without me launching it myself.

It's shit.

Nothing works properly and the consistency regarding usability is utterly retarded. They even managed to ruin the start bar search compared to Win7, all the little things that add up to a poor user experience make me dislike it.

If people are so obsessed why is winshit still so popular

Updated today to get rid of microshit’s hilarious Cortana bug. Reset all my privacy settings, reinstalled windows apps I’d previously uninstalled (including a creepy add on to the native photo viewer that scans your photos and has no settings panel) and of course all of this forced upon me by the undelayable updates. I fucking hate this pajeet OS I wish I didn’t have to use it

Yes and it is easily disabled. IIRC, when you install windows, it asks you if you want it on.

Also, see image.

Attached: settingsmetered-100598466-orig.png (1202x932, 51K)

>Doesn't W10 have a feature that sends all your WiFi password to Microsoft and distributes them to your social media friends? And if you don't use social media, merely letting your normie family member or friend with default privacy settings connect to your home network means your password is now out there?
Microsoft removed that feature completely in one of the updates many months ago. Probably because nobody used it.

Open the start menu in Windows 7 and start typing, it finds the program.

Open the start menu in Windows 10 and start typing, it finds the program maybe 30% of the time. It boggles my mind.

Stop shilling this fake news.

Linux arguments aside, 7 and 8.1 aren't broken. There is no need to replace them.

>rebooted to Win10 partition to verify recently formatted external detects and transfers without issue. (probably less than a minute since logging in)
>"cool let's just reboot back to my meme-OS."
>WINDOWS UPDATE PLEASE DONT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER PLEASE WAIT

Attached: 1520458101452.gif (231x208, 1.97M)

... until you can't get drivers for your new hardware, which is already happening.

Oh, and new PCs in 2020 won't boot Windows 7.

/thread

>new PCs in 2020 won't boot Windows 7
I'll believe that when I see it. I know the security updates for 7 stop in 2020, but I can't see how they would stop you from booting it. Especially if you built the machine yourself.