I've got a compsci degree and have released my own games on Steam which I think shows I am self motivated, capable...

I've got a compsci degree and have released my own games on Steam which I think shows I am self motivated, capable, and driven. Yet since I don't have 5+ years of experience in some narrow field I am ineligible for almost every programming job. How does anyone even get a job?

Attached: 1514179703692.jpg (6000x4500, 1.31M)

Internships, unless your steam games become the next "big thing" and get you attention but don't count on that

Did you try applying for a job you lazy fuck

Nepotism.

kill a man and replace your face with his, then you can have his job and wife and kids

Attached: 1528320604073.jpg (600x400, 23K)

Nice dual amount of double dubs.

Attached: swm.png (700x585, 193K)

Straight white make is just a code word for pathetic white person. If you truly are white and talented you’re not struggling one bit. Only people I see struggling are white guys that think they’re something special but are pajeet tier mentally.

The first one, how can you even determine this from a resume?
It's illegal to ask someone's sexual orientation as part of employment procedures, and I doubt people write it on their resumes.

Lol why would you want a job when you can just get NEETbux and be a FOSS developer? Why make proprietary software for someone else?

put more points in CHA and network

>The first one, how can you even determine this from a resume?

If your twitter account doesn't declare yourself as "gay as fuck"

You look up social media profile based on name and date of birth. If there isn't any, you assume the worst.

Is it really true they'll give you a job over a straight person if you come to the interview dressed in drag?
Even if you don't feel like pretending to be a tranny, you can slowly tone it down over time and claim you're "genderfluid" and return to male over time.

Attached: honk honk.jpg (680x684, 108K)

Go to school

Which games? Post names or never happened

Butthurt jealous nonwhite detected

Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015

They always ask for too many years for an entry level job, the secret is you apply anyway.

Show up for the interview in a burka.

>Yet since I don't have 5+ years of experience in some narrow field I am ineligible for almost every programming job.

that's just to weed people out, you don't need the "narrow field" part just the "5 years experience" part and a willingness to say "oh yeah I know that" even if you don't.

and this

100% true. Go to your next interview in a short skirt, you will get the job without fail.

>spend time learning technology
>attend lug / meetup
>interact
>ask questions
>do presentations
>get to know people in companies
>get job offers
Networking, man.

I fucking hate how true this is, especially since I'm shit at it.

>You look up social media profile
s-should I make one now? How long should I work on it to pass? Do I need actual friends?

It's probably better to make an excuse that you deactivated it because you were wasting too much time on it or something.

>have released my own games on Steam which I think shows I am self motivated, capable, and driven.
Potential employers may not think this way, unless you prepare a really good portfolio showcasing exactly what kind of hard work you did for these games.

>Yet since I don't have 5+ years of experience in some narrow field I am ineligible for almost every programming job
This is just a false assumption user. I have less than two years experience working full-time and a handful of semi-relevant part-time jobs, and I get contacted at least once a week by recruiters on LinkedIn and around every 3-6 months by people who have come across my work on GitHub.

>How does anyone even get a job?
You need to apply, even when you don't have all the listed requirements. They are not written in stone, and many times they will call you in for an interview anyway, if you sound motivated and have some experience (not necessarily work experience) of interest.

While nepotism certainly can play a role, in the digital age it is definitively not the only way.