So explain to me

so explain to me
explain to me
how an internet connection run through physical wires to my house
is slower than fucking radio waves that are nearly crippled on their way through the thick walls of my house to my phone

Attached: what the fuck.png (1977x1199, 343K)

nerve gas

Copper is slow, especially if its old and degraded.

Fiber is your friend

Attached: 2018-06-10 09_38_06.png (317x106, 7K)

Because you're doing it wrong.

Also wireless has terrible latency and severely limited bandwidth.

Attached: 7388521974.png (350x200, 20K)

my city technically has Gbit fiber but it's only for the local public schools and businesses, while FTTH is planned to roll out to the first neighborhoods that meet their support quota (i.e a pipe dream for people like me who live around a fuckton of old people)

You're kneecapped by the copper wires coming into your home. Cellular data services are all fiber until the cell site.

You are retarded and wrong.

You are also retarded and wrong.

What the fuck are you even trying to say, ESL autist?

The Ethernet cables in your house are capable of 1000 Mbps upload and download. You have not provided whether you're using DSL, fiber of cable for Internet access. Shoot yourself in the fucking head, brainlet.

He is using Spectrum which I believe is cable DOCSIS.

Because your local and state governments granted monopoly or duopoly on home internet to major telecoms, and they have no reason to upgrade their systems when you have no choice to continue giving them money.

Meanwhile, in the wireless sector, there are 4 companies competing nationally.

>Meanwhile, in the wireless sector, there are 4 companies competing nationally.

And they're slow and shitty whereas cable companies are all on DOCSIS 3.0 and are now upgrading to 3.1 in most places.... So much for a monopoly and never upgrading their infrastructure.

See OP.

It's not about infrastructure exactly.
Internet is sold like cocaine, with the pure shit being relatively expensive, and then they "dilluting" it with lies and caches.
They buy for example 100MBPs, and then sell ""10 mbps""" to 1000 clients and all seems to work fine for most of em because they're not all using all the data the whole time, and cache makes short work of facebook and most of the google crap, avoiding touching "the real internet (tm)".

But if they're the only ones in town, they might just sell the same 100mbps internet for 10000 people instead and it will be slow but as they're the only ones in town..

Win 7?

>subscribe to basic service
>"wahhhh why is it slow!?"

American Oligarchy.

>dude how electromagnetic radiation that travels near the speed of light is faster than anything

>thats slow
lol faggot seppo

teeechnically the propagation time of the radio waves is faster than the latency in the copper due to drift time

More hops to the server.

>ESL autist?
I don't know any other language other than English.
If you actually paid attention to the thread you'd know that I'm not using fiber and you could go from there, but apparently you're too retarded to inference.
But on Verizon I get 100Mbps+ when I go outside...

I pay for the highest tier that Spectrum provides, 100Mbps. I've gotten new modems, new routers, called Spectrum and had them send some autists over to check and they said everything was good. I even tried Ethernet. In the entire time I've been using Spectrum my speeds have never went above 10Mbps

Because this is Germanistan. Even Africa has better internet.
>TFW better ping with 2 bars LTE

Attached: internet.jpg (1633x457, 67K)

Jesus fucking Christ dude take a chill pill

>Ergebnis
>bnis

Attached: Spurdo.jpg (1600x900, 105K)

Your house has old wiring.

Honestly I had the same issue. I was using powerline adapters to connect to my router across the hall in a different bedroom and I was only getting 1/3 of my ISP speeds

Picked up a 5ghz wifi card, and now I get my 100 down/10 up no problem with no latency or dropped packets.

replace the copper in the ground between you and your ISPs node.

because youre on dsl and telephone lines are shit.
if you had coax or fiber between you and the substation then youd get better bandwidth