Every 4tb external hard drive on amazon has hundreds of negative reviews warning not to buy it

>every 4tb external hard drive on amazon has hundreds of negative reviews warning not to buy it

Help me Jow Forums, I really need the space but don't want to get fucked in the ass and out $100.

Attached: TqAZZPm.png (878x400, 213K)

do you need just space or need the "external" too?

Just more space. But I'm a major league poor fag who just uses their laptop.

just wait for best buy to run the 8tb wd external for $130 again and buy it

The people on amazon said not to trust WD. Am I just being paranoid?

just buy 4x 1tb drives instead

That's more expensive. Also harder to manage.

Just buy a really big regular drive and keep what you need on a large USB. They have them at 500GB and more.

>dude some dipshit normie scum that don't know shit about technology or how to use it cried like bitches when they accidently dropped their hard drives nine times and shit got fucked
Stop being an idiot. Customers generally don't know wtf they are talking about. These are the kind of people who will buy a bottle of water and complain the water wasn't wet enough. If you can't see through the review bullshit their is no hope for you. Just rent space in the cloud if that is the case.

Ok then, I'll just buy the one with the most 5stars and pray for the best.

[spoiler]Unless someone objects[/spoiler]

Do this. Best option

>caring about external hdd reviews

yeah cus everyone is so careful with them

Just buy a shockproof case for your Ex HDD if you are not very careful using it.

t. Has Toshiba external hard drive and it's 1 year old now

Attached: 1528688467573.gif (420x370, 40K)

Because of how mundane the function is very few people leave reviews of HDDs that don't die or sound like a startled African. As long as it has a significant number of reviews and it isn't overwhelmingly negative then it's probably fine to buy and about as good as any other drive.

>Falling for the external hard drive jew
Get a powered eSATA bracket and some cables and just use internal HDDs for everything.
If you really must use it on a laptop, just get an externally-powered enclosure.

The prices for the internals are about the same, so how is it a jew?

So buy a superior product, stupid

Read real reviews. Don't post here for help, do some research and figure it out.

What superior product? I did my research by looking at the real reviews on amazon.

pssh kid those aren't real reviews, the real reviews are at this place I won't tell you about... it might... shrink my e-penis if I do

Just buy a 4TB 3.5" drive, and use a USB to SATA adapter.

i have a hardrvie that sits on my desk, that i sometimes plug in, to back stuff up with, in an external drive thing plugin/reader
if that counts

External hard drives are bad, don't use them.

You should get an hdd dock. They're not too expensive and you can use them to plug 3tb Hitachi 60$ harddrives to your laptop. I use them for archival purposes, works perfectly

Every HDD dock under $500 is nothing but 1 star reviews

>do not buy
>you get what you pay for lol

>Every HDD dock under $500
How do you pay $500 for a harddrive dock?

I got mine for 30$ on aliexpress and it works perfectly fine. Full usb 3.1 support and fits both 2.5" and 3.5"

Buy an external ssd they last longer and are more durable

Buy 4 1TBs, or 2 2TBs

Buy a normal hdd and a y cable adapter thing.

Idk if you even know what an HDD dock is. Nobody buys single ones for over 60

1. find an internal HDD with good reviews
2. find a HDD enclosure with good reviews that fits your HDD
3. buy both, put hdd in enclosure
4. profit

Spoiler. Nobody cares cuz that's what you should do

External HDDs aren't intrinsically bad, it's just that people move, shake and drop them while they're spinning because they don't know any better. Don't do that and you'll be fine.
the absolute fucking state of Jow Forums

>he thinks my suggestion was serious
the absolute fucking state of Jow Forums....good grief user

Attached: Facepalm.png (674x432, 28K)

This would double the price unless you buy plastic chinkshit enclosure.

>want quality
>be poor
choose one nigger. You don't want crap, you rev up those shekels.