How does Jow Forums use ad blockers?

Quick survey time Jow Forums.
How do you use ad blockers?

strawpoll.me/15885868

Attached: Google-Chrome-launches-default-ad-blocker.jpg (827x621, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15885868
strawpoll.me/15890100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I block all ads and haven't been stopped by anti-adblock. I have always beaten it.

absolute madman

I use ublock origin with the non-default enabled anti-adblock filters. There are some rare sites that don't work but those are not ones I've visited beyond following some link somewhere so it's no real loss.

blog post: my brother and my nephew visited some months ago and they brought their computers and wanted to show me some youtube video and I was like "wtf, you're viewing ads?" and they were like "huh" so I installed ublock origin on both their computers and they were like "what, you can block ads?" like that wasn't on their map as a possibility

I suspect Jow Forums is more likely to block ads than most people.

I "Open in new tab" > reader mode immediately.
I close tab when done.

FF reader modes best, but forces, so more pages are available in reader mode, but they can have errors. However, I'm starting to really hate FF

Edge seems pretty accurate in reader mode., but will give you "page unavailable in reader mode" sometimes.

>How do you use ad blockers?
I block all ads + some additional tracking
I also use it to block that pesky Message Seen script on Facebook.

>I block all ads and don't use sites that have ad blocking measures I can't easily get around
>I can't easily get around
OP is a retard. There are multiple methods to use an ad blocker than the choices provided.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-12 21-40-21.png (1440x810, 113K)

Holy shit my man, have you ever heard of brevity? ain't nobody got time to read all that shit by you

Attached: Untitled.png (675x513, 31K)

>I also use it to block that pesky Message Seen script on Facebook.
Explain. I've only briefly used facebook once before getting banned for not using a real name. Does this prevent "message seen" being conveyed to the other party? That's pretty great. How do you even find things like this are possible

>Does this prevent "message seen" being conveyed to the other party? That's pretty great.

Exactly.
add
>f a c e b o o k . c o m ajax/mercury/change_read_status.php$domain=facebook.com

to your filter list and people won't be able to tell if you read their shit or not. IIRC it also blocks the (...) when you type.

no spaces between the letters add / between com and ajax

you'd look at the javascript that would execute that 'message seen' call and block it by removing it from your local copy of the javascript

thing is though, i don't think the dude you replied to is telling the truth because the javascript will be bundled and obfuscated, so finding the code that executes 'message seen' is like finding a needle in a haystack. could be possible but im skeptical

here

ahh, so it just blocks the ability to send requests to that API endpoint? thats cool. i stand corrected

It's gotten to the point for me that I don't even know what's popular anymore.

wtf are you talking about? Stop acting like internet ads are a source of info.

>ahh, so it just blocks the ability to send requests to that API endpoint? thats cool. i stand corrected

that's it. i've tested this trick many times and it works. browser add-ons do exist but they're not as reliable in my experience.

This is some next level shit to me mayne. I know very little about tech, but this is inspiring me to get educated just to know what freedom I have whenever I'm using anything.

>There's a cuck that doesn't block ads

You all are assisting the anti ad blocking shills. Don't spoon feed them.

Damn, I thought Jow Forums was better than this.

>I don't block ads is a clear winner
What the fuck is up with this? This website has gone to shit.

This

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: image.png (386x315, 18K)

What the fuck is this poll. This must be a troll, OP you linked this on 9GAG haven't you

i cannot even remeber when was the last time i saw an advertisment on web

Ublock Origin and Umatrix. I block everything I can

This board makes more sense know

>Phone posters

>strawpoll.me/15885868
There is no "i just block ads" option
Also wtf is this i thought you were polling about ad blocking techniques like do people have pi-holes setups, simple host files or use browser extensions, dns app on phone etc
Of course everybody born after 1980 blocks ads
If you realy want to know who does and doesn't block ads try to associate the data with demographic info like age or level of studies (iq), it'll make more sense

Attached: 1503430566839.png (300x300, 12K)

I don't use an ad-blocker.
I block at DNS level.

Same but i also use ubo because I dont want big blank areas where ads would be

>ubo
whats this?
You mean Ublock?

no, ublock origin.

Nothing will convince me to disable it.
If your "news" website makes an unbreakable anti-adblock (good luck with that) i'll stop reading your shit.

I i love your yt channel, i'll contribute on patreon.
It's that simple

Blocking ads is morally wrong. Most websites rely on them to survive.
I hope you fags won't complain when 90% of the web content will disappear.
I hate you people so damn much.

>not blocking ads
What the hell, do you want malware?
Those sites are better off dead. This """business model""" turned the Internet into clickbait infested shithole. Important sites don't have ads.

>90% of the web content will disappear.
No, it won't. As superfluous, leeching websites bite the dust, the content that isn't click-bait will survive on the sites that do it right. It is actually a moral imperative to block ads, driving the chittering chafe into oblivion.

99% of web content is clickbait

>>Blocking ads is morally wrong. Most websites rely on them to survive.
Most websites should not survive. 90% of web content should disappear. I hate people like you so damn much.

>non-default enabled anti-adblock filters
How do I do that?

>What the hell, do you want malware?
How else will I support gookmoot other than buying Jow Forums passes and letting him run coin miners and spyware on my pc? Checkmate retard

The question isn't how, the question is WHY would you support someone spreading malware.

I recently switched from UBO to nano adblocker + nano defender. It's a fork of UBO and it handles more adblock blockers.

>>There's a cuck that doesn't block ads
Good let them, they're cucks for a reason. They help sites by being cucks.

strawpoll.me/15890100

>>Of course everybody born after 1980 blocks ads
>tfw my dad born in the late 1950's installed adblock on our family computer in like 2006
Feels good to have a decently techy dad, also pirated lots of movies for us.

Attached: anime girl with coffee cup.jpg (706x951, 92K)

Sometimes, when I go looking for online articles and I hit those anti-adblocker walls, I check (and usually find) Google has a 'cached' version of that webpage that will let you see the site anyways.
I fucking hate adverts. They're distracting, unnecessary, and can literally be the reason why sites have fucked up designs and layouts. I also hate how adverts try to pull in a bunch of JS and how the webmaster tries to network your cookies about the eather in order to try and "target" adverts at you.
I really wish there to be a law that gives users the options to 'deny' adverts and websites are forces to give that user a free and unbiased no-ad experience, or the website is to be blocked globally across every ISP until they comply.