pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: DSC_8607.jpg (3312x1448, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/NiggerToungeMyAnus/32876634360.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=10&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
pccasegear.com/products/37175/topre-realforce-rgb-premium-gaming-keyboard
newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823972001
datamancer.com/product/the-seafarer-keyboard/
ebay.com/itm/IBM-keyboard-model-3278-Beam-spring-vintage-also-on-cyrillic-Very-Rare/152986231150?hash=item239eb0a16e:g:8~YAAOSwDDxa1RF3
ebay.com/itm/IBM-keyboard-3278-model-2A-VERY-RARE/152980160472?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=44040&meid=761aefb5820247f8bbbd8260d93eb1ac&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=152986231150&itm=152980160472&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
amazon.de/Lioncast-mechanische-Tenkeyless-deutsches-QWERTZ-Layout/dp/B00NMKU2Q2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528909339&sr=8-1&keywords=CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just bought a Ducky Shine 6 with MX Silver switches. How bad did I mess up?

Whoever just wrote in the last thread that " You can get the same keyboard with cherry MX switches in more color options and it ships way faster, but it costs 5 bucks more." please link

Silvers are alright, but they take some getting used to since just looking at a key can cause it to register.
I like silvers quite a lot, but those first weeks will feel like trash.

I think the shine 6 looks ugly which is why I went for the One instead

Attached: Shine 6.jpg (1200x800, 213K)

here you go ;)
aliexpress.com/item/NiggerToungeMyAnus/32876634360.html

Is $124 a good price to pay for an FC750R (w/ cherry clears)?

Silvers are pretty garbage imo.
I have them on a keyboard right now, and I keep fucking pressing the wrong letter whenever I type. I'm unironically going to swap these out for blacks first chance I get.

Same, but you do get used to it eventually.

well that's what everyone is selling them for so I guess you don't have a choice

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 52K)

How hard are green switches to come by?

I've never tried anything besides red or speed switches, not a fan of either, but from what's in the OP it looks like Green switches would be best for me.

Ducky regularly sells them
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=10&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
if you want a 60% then there are a couple pok3rs

>$300 for a fucking keyboard
pccasegear.com/products/37175/topre-realforce-rgb-premium-gaming-keyboard
is this real life?

Topre is overpriced, RGB just makes it more overpriced. What else is new?

you want overpriced?
newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823972001

Oh no

Is it possible to find box housings with black bases?

Is that $300 USD or $300 emu bucks?

A $150 is fine too.

Also remember the Optimus?

Attached: talon.jpg (2200x1467, 848K)

>AUD
lol use a real currency next time
datamancer.com/product/the-seafarer-keyboard/

Attached: 1510513483348.gif (303x333, 2.57M)

if you pay someone on reddit then yeah

HAHAHAHHA
>$1,650.00
ahahahhahhahaHAHAHHEHAEHAHEHEHEHHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: file.png (1000x444, 388K)

>under 2 grand
heh, what are ya? a poorfag?
ebay.com/itm/IBM-keyboard-model-3278-Beam-spring-vintage-also-on-cyrillic-Very-Rare/152986231150?hash=item239eb0a16e:g:8~YAAOSwDDxa1RF3

Weren't these supposed to only be a few hundred? Goddamn nigga.

>few hundred
good one poorfag, more like several thousand
ebay.com/itm/IBM-keyboard-3278-model-2A-VERY-RARE/152980160472?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=44040&meid=761aefb5820247f8bbbd8260d93eb1ac&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=152986231150&itm=152980160472&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

As in, I remember seeing 3278s go for "only" a few hundred on ebay a while ago. Is this just another case of all the plebs hearing about this board which drives up demand?

Nigga switches are subjective anyway, you might end up loving them. I just hate the silvers because they actuate way, WAY to easily for me. Just wait until your board arrives and form your own opinion.

it must've been in pretty bad shape to go for a few hundred, that retarded has been trying to sell them for months at that price, the average selling price for those keyboards is around 800 bucks

>not even in english or good condition
what the fuck

Is it normal for the spacebar to be wobbly on an 89 Model M? Every key is sturdy but the apace bar.

True, I mean it is my first board. I’ll probably be happy with it.

That's normal on nearly every keyboard I've used.
I don't like it either.

looks pretty normal for all keys on models m and f

every picture of them online shows wobbly, misaligned keys

What modern keyswitch feels the most like buckling spring?

Only looking to hear from fellow Whites. Please do not reply to this post if you are not White

MX clears or MX blues from Cherry. Probably clears. I have no experience outside of cherry.

Box navy, probably.

Honestly there really isn't any switch that can replicate the feel of buckling springs. the closest I'v tried was the kailh clickbar switches

>Budget
$250
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Heavier than MX reds and clicky
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
RGB backlight or underglow would be cool
>Previous/current keyboards
Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry Red), Model M

I'm using MX blues right now and I can tell you they're a lot scratchier than buckling spring

hmm

>tounge

It's so sad when people spend enough to get a mechanical keyboard but still can't spell

Attached: dead skin storage.jpg (1600x1067, 445K)

How good is the WASD v2? Is there reason to change from G6v2?

Are buckling springs a meme?

are they slower than MX blues to reset? (for gaming)

looking to buy a Unicomp keyboard wondering if anyone has any experience with them

I think most people would think that price is a bit outrageous. If you're fortunate enough to be able to afford that price, that's a blessing and it would be classier to refrain from calling everyone a poorfag.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

A little humility goes a long way.

t. poorfag

Just got into mechkeyboards and whoever you guys are on those discord channels, you guys need to have some form of reminder that ya’ll taking keyboards way to seriously. The amount of autism I have to endure just to get some answers is unbearable. Jesus fucking christ you guys are worse than audiophiles.

Why do people spend a lot on mechanical keyboards instead of buying a good old model m for cheap?

Here's a simple solution: stop using Discord

No but "Are * a meme" is a meme.

Buckling springs aren't suitable for gaming unless you are into text adventure games. Not that I judge but...

Oh look it the faggot that signs all of his shit posts and break global rule 13 on the regular.

Again, I'm sorry you were banned from reddit but were anonymous here snowflake.

T. Autistic keeb discord user

>getting this mad on a mongolian chopstick board

You don’t know where you are, do you?

Doesn't matter you're breaking global rule 13 when you sign your posts. You'll eventually be dealt with. Keep it up snowflake.

bought a ducky shine 3 mx blues used off ebay for $40 usd + $50 shipping

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1599x899, 249K)

Attached: file.png (283x280, 154K)

good or bad

needs new keycaps, those are shiny as fuck

>shit on Discord
>get called a Discord user

Attached: 1528552955995.png (553x278, 88K)

Why does datamancer sell $1700 screens?

There's not even info about the performance of the panel.

>oh neat there's a drop for halo switches
>estimated ship date is September 8, 2018
imagine if massdrop wasn't garbage

Attached: preview.jpg (590x797, 146K)

Try using the irc, there is no official mkg discord, so you were probably talking to random people.

I want a quiet meh that doesn't feel like shit and is actually quiet. Is the fnatic/ zealencio meme actually worth it?

>membrane keyboard
>good

Attached: IMG_0008.jpg (1066x600, 76K)

You are retarded. Membrane does not automatically equal rubberdome nor does it automatically mean shit. There is a reason why IBM MODEL M keyboards are among the best out there.

KBD75 with Box whites

I didn't realize buckling spring was considered membrane.
>model M
I feel like I'm learning

>is this what membranefags believe
the model M is a pretty bad keyboard

>among the best
enjoy your broken rivets, failing membranes, 2kro, and difficult to repair construction

Should I get in on the Novelias preorder for my Planck build?

Attached: novelias_2_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 181K)

I don't see why not. They're the same price as royals, so if you want a heavier spring, go for it.

Are you me? Pre-ordered the Planck 6 thinking about getting these switches but they don't ship until what September or so? I need to find something in the meantime but don't want to spend too much, since I still need keycaps as well.

What does Jow Forums think about this one?

amazon.de/Lioncast-mechanische-Tenkeyless-deutsches-QWERTZ-Layout/dp/B00NMKU2Q2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528909339&sr=8-1&keywords=CM Storm Quickfire Rapid

What's up with the Massdrop Halo Switches? Are they actually anything like topre?

not even close

To this day I do not know why IC has been shilling them like that.
They're decent switches, especially the clears, but they are nothing like topre outside of having a similar force curve.

>Eur over 50,00
>$8000 cad

I can't even tell what's special about this thing because you linked the .de product, but this is a massive ripoff.

Alriiight, here we go!

I haven't tried typing on these yet, just tested in my hand. With that in mind here are my thoughts:

>Aliaz
They're really heavy. I am certain I ordered 60g but they are very similar to box navies, so they probably sent me something like 80g. Which is a shame, because the bump is relatively light - I've heard them called silenced gat browns - and with the 80g spring, it's almost unnoticeable. In fact, it feels kinda meh because it's still there, but barely noticeable, so the best way I can describe it is that it "gets in the way" more than it gives a feeling of tactility. I'm definitely gonna ask kbdfans what's up with that - I'm not gonna bother buying another batch, but if they're kind enough to offer a refund or something they I might.

>Box Royal
Very, very strikingly similar to my Matias QC actually! The tactile peak is reached very suddenly, resulting in a "plateau" that collapses once you get past it and lets you smoothly bottom out. Definitely a matter of taste, and also the comparison and talk about heavier versions now makes me want to stick heavier springs into my Matias board. Is that possible? Because I feel like it would be a notable improvement.

>Zealios 67g
They're old news but I thought I'd give my two cents anyways: they really are very tactile, but in a gradual way - unlike Box Royals and Matias QC, the tactility builds up gradually up to the peak, and past it the spring is heavy enough to also mark a notable gradient until bottom-out. Unfortunately I don't have Cherry Clears to compare them to. I think I'd still prefer my Matias with a heavier spring, though.

Attached: 1528914079309.jpg (2268x4032, 2.32M)

And now looking at it I realize how fucking shitty everything about my photo is. Sorry. It gets the point across though.

thought on the better omron switches that Kailh came up with. It looks like romer-g has a better stem design to allow for more light to shine through, but that severely limits keycaps compatibility. I think this is a nice middle ground

Attached: Sun Switches.jpg (1616x1080, 179K)

What's the feel like then? Do they pop back up like topre? Is it just a smoother tactility? What's the advantage of these over something like Zeal?

I'm confused by all these tactile switches out on the market. Who's the king at this point? There's MX clears, Gateron, Zealios, MOD, and like ten different variations from Novelkeys with the navy switches and their variants.

my chink shit tada68 is starting to die already
only had it for like half a year and keys are already dying
noticed the W key not registering every time i pressed it and spammed it and found it failing like 5-10 times / 100

im impatient might just go grab some shit from bestbuy -_-

unless somebody here can help me fix it

Attached: file.png (1300x394, 521K)

What switches? Try cleaning that one, or replacing it.

gateron browns
imma try taking it apart and just giving it a clean
i dont wanna bust out the soldering iron

The trues are basically linear springs that ramp up weight much faster than any other linear springs.
The clears on the other hand are basically MX clears but smoother and with a more drawn-out bump than MX clears.
The advantage over Zealios is the same as using any kind of non-zealios switches (outside of the fact that zealios are heavily overpriced): personal preference.

just shoot it with some compressed air

There is no best, it's personal preference. "Tactility" isn't a single thing. There are many kinds of tactility.

didnt work
time to go buy a new keyboard -_-

Just replace the fucking switch you mong

Holy pandas if you got the dosh. Rest is preference.

Is there even a force curve graph for those? I wonder if there's any merit to those besides "muh rarity".

There is, just know that the force curve doesn't always give you a good idea of how the switch will feel. Take the halo switches for example

Attached: holy panda force curve.png (878x635, 54K)

>long drawn out bump
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Maybe the same people who like this also prefer topre switches?

>I'm afraid to solder so I'm going to go buy a new keyboard
Waste of money

The model M is a membrane keyboard. It's a membrane sheet being pressed by a buckling spring mechanism, making it quite similar to the "mem-chanical" keyboards gaming companies push now in concept.

i want to mod my keyboard for fun, thinking of using kailh white switches. Does using pale blue switches for the modifiers sound good or is using multiple switches on a single board a bad idea?

>tounging