Ok, which one of these are the superior headphones?

ok, which one of these are the superior headphones?
>left: Sennheiser HD 598
>right: Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ohm
(Pic related arnt the actual headphones but they look pretty much identical to the ones im talking about)

Attached: DT880-HD-559-Comparison.jpg (760x545, 205K)

Anyway, the DT990s are comfy AF.

>laid back, warm sound
>v shaped, emphasised treble and bass

I actually have both of these and I prefer the sennheiser. The sound on them is more "fun"
The beyerdynamics have a better build quality though.

Never heard the Beyers, but the Sennheisers have great soundtsage and imaging, but are muffled and recessed otherwise.

>>>/hpg/

This was what I came here to say.

Right channel of my HD 650 just blew up a couple of days ago after 7 years of service, because of damage from high volume from a tube amp. Returned home with DT990 and I think I need to add some active EQ for more bass.

Beyers, those Senn aren't not even close.

It’s a good thing you didn’t ask this in /hpg/, those idiots don’t know what they’re talking about. You want Stax.

598s are 10/10 comfy, and they have whatever 'it' factor in the Mids that I cant quantify. Problem is, unless you're used to 4" Bookshelf speakers, they are absolutely incapable of any Bass.

If you've ever heard a decent pair of speakers, or especially a decent Subwoofer, you'll be in for a shock. They're great for general listening but are ridiculously brittle and are THE most inept headphones I've ever heard in the lows.

beyerdynamics are some of the most uncomfortable headphones i've ever worn, but the sound is amazing. the problem is that they don't make them in different sizes

get the HD598s or or a pair of Status audio CB1s

should't've bought stax

Sennheisers are better for general use, but lack bass
Beyers sound off outside of music playback, only one that sounds "right" are the 770

Wha'th're yuo'r saying?

HD598, simply because it's less colored.
You should be looking at HD600 if you can afford it, and HD579 if you can't. HD598 is one generation old, and worse than HD579.
Get a new right channel. HD650, like 600 and 660S, is full modular, tool-free. Watch youtube for disassemble/reassemble. Replacing the part you killed (likely the driver) shouldn't break your bank.

Same but cheaper mine are almost 10 years old still going beautiful neutral sound can make it sound as bassy as I want and the midrange trebel are very detailed and crisp
Driving them through a old Sony amp to slink connection
My only complaint is that they ain't bassy enough but I got two 15" subs 4way Akron floor standers

You'd really enjoy HD600.

Attached: 1515649503456.png (1000x1000, 631K)

i've owned 558s for a while now going on 4 years. great pair of headphones

lack of bass is pretty notable though

It handles 4-5db boost easy but craps out after that
No money for decent stuff atm

>It handles 4-5db boost easy but craps out after that
SPL dependent.

my beyers are super comfy and they sound lovely, would recommend

Attached: 1c7 (2).png (350x895, 195K)

looked into it after missing my HD650 so much, seems like it just needs a new driver