IPhone rumored to adopt USB-C ports next year

it's happening
9to5mac.com/2018/06/12/2019-iphone-usb-c/

Attached: 1524299149066.png (759x501, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0KZ2Qc9LX0#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh, I like the lightning connector.

We don't care, the iPhone X is still an ugly poece of overheating lagging shit with a mobile OS designed for toddlers. The iPhone is dead to me after the 4s.

no it's not. apple doubled down on lightning in the past few years.

>getting this mad over a phone that exists

Attached: autism and opinions.jpg (651x664, 84K)

Why not just revamp the Lightning protocol so that it can handle more power safely? Lightning is better than USB C on handheld devices and has a simpler structure.

Kek

Currently ALL iphones are limited to USB2 transfer speeds. If that doesn’t change...

>We

Apple needs to modernize

no it's not

apple is very likely to just ditch the charging port entirely instead of switching it over to type c.

I would be down if they supported usb 3.0 speeds at last though, because currently transferring 4k 60fps footage is a total pain in the arse if you don't use airdrop

Attached: Communist_Apple.jpg (1400x1600, 195K)

I currently have an iphone 6 and I’m going to fucking ride it out until they have a phone that
1) supports 5G
2) usb3 transfer speeds regardless of the connector

>total pain in the arse if you don't use airdrop
Thats why they havent fucking done it, they want users to think wifi is faster. I hate when apple tries to push you to do it a certain way over another artificially. Also they want people paying for icloud

why would you want to plug your phone to transfer shit?

Because its faster than wifi if apple didnt gimp it, and more reliable, and more secure.

>downgrading their shit again
Fucking hell

I wish Apple let us use the lightning connector instead of USB C, it's a lot more rugged.

Is it? My lighting cables keep fucking up over time and I stopped with the apple branded ones because the rubber is shit and easily tears or gets discolored over time.

>getting this mad over a phone that exists
The company which produced it shouldn't exist.

>wanting a pajeet phone monopoly
>wanting a wangblows desk/laptop monopoly

big if true

ITODDLERS DONGLED AGAIN

Attached: DMYxG_s-200x150.gif (200x150, 261K)

The connectors themselves are rock solid, but Apple intentionally makes their cables shit.
With properly engineered cables the connectors themselves are solid.

>>wanting a pajeet phone monopoly
Nah, apple only has like 10% marketshare globally. Never going to happen.

>getting this mad you got dongled again

Attached: 1514058160848.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

>dongled again
Wait...what? They're switching to a port that is used by literally every other smartphone on the planet made after 2015. How does that have anything to do with dongles?

>supernatural gif
back to tumblr

Macbooks have USB c and they need dongles.

>a port that is used by literally every other smartphone on the planet made after 2015
His point exactly. iToddlers have to rebuy all their iShit dongles again.

newfag

>t. Itoddler

>Lightning
+ Thinner
+ Reversible
+ Easier to fix or replace if broken (because there's no prong inside the phone, you'll most likely just have to replace the cable and move on)
+ Smaller
: Capable of transferring the same amount of energy as USB C
- Kind of fragile

>USB C
+ Double reversible
: Capable of transferring the same amount of power as Lightning
- Thicker
- More susceptible to internal damage
- Bigger
- No longer brings in money for Apple
- Switching would just piss everyone off like it did in 2012
What incentive would they possibly have to switch?

>Current iPhone accessories uses lightning
>Switch to USB-C
>Not dongled™ by your Cupertino daddies
Smug anime girl/10

What a retarded thing to say. Phone are not laptops. Just because a port appears on the laptop doesn't mean you'll use it the same way on the phone.

What a retarded thing to say. This applies to every phone in existence, not just iPhone. If you move from a Galaxy S4 to a Galaxy S5, you need a new charger. And then you'd need yet another charger to go from S5 to S6.

Nobody uses iPhone accessories except battery cases. Big whoop, you'll have to get a new case. You should be using power banks anyway.
It's not like people still use those huge speakers that you dock your phone on. This isn't 2012 anymore.

>capable of using the same chargers as your friends on android

ok but if no one ever switched ports we'd all still be using microUSB and the 30 pin connector, which both sucked bigtime.
you'd think everyone would be happy about this since you no longer have to ask for an "iPhone" charger, just a phone charger since everybody's using the same thing. but nope, Jow Forums always finds something to bitch about like always.
you people are like an amalgamation of all the worst parts of a wife.

Attached: ok but actually consider the fact that maybe.png (463x646, 338K)

That's a good thing for the user, not great for Apple since you are no longer obligated to pay for a Lightning (TM) charger. So why would they do it? Were they just waiting for USB C cables to stop exploding?

My opinion is a law of nature, s-supply and demand don't speak for themselves!
All accessories in every tech store are a plot!

>s-supply and demand don't speak for themselves!
Demand says that everybody wants wireless smart speakers. Those things are selling like crack. Won't have to throw one of those out ifyou switch to a new phone with a different port; you can't even connect them physically anyway.
What other popular accessories that connect via the charging port outside of battery cases do people use?

But because of Apple's stubbornness regarding standards, the eventual switch towards USB-C or later, if OP is just a meme, would be worse for everyone.
>you'd think everyone would be happy about this since you no longer have to ask for an "iPhone" charger
The fact that I'd be glad for my apple buddies doesn't mean that I can't have fun. Fuck off to Reddit if you want someone to tickle your dick.

my god it's the 30-pin ditch all over again. this thread is just a preview of the oncoming shitstorm.
do people just hate any kind of change at all?

Attached: overconfident.png (350x300, 47K)

>bickering on an icelandic fish canning forum is "fun" now

I thought Apple only had their own cables because the standards weren't good enough.

That could be it. Maybe they're not as money hungry as we all thought they were. Maybe, after all this time, they've just been concerned about quality.
>PFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Apple only had their own cables because they could milk morons for $30 a cable that would break after 3 months.

The cables weren't that expensive, and they allowed third parties to manufacture Lightning cables through a license that could only be awarded after a quality check as well, meaning people could buy really cheap Lightning cables that weren't total shit. So that theory is kind of moot.

>wanting a pajeet phone monopoly
>wanting a wangblows desk/laptop monopoly
>implying barely comprehensible implications

Why would accept USB 2 speeds on a $1000 device with a single port?

You don't. I've been using the same charger from my Brazilian CCE tablet that I bought in 2013. Cable is long, it's durable and it charges my shit fast.
Galaxy S2, Motorola Razr I, Galaxy Grand Prime, a CCE TF74W, Raspberry Pi and now a Moto X Play. Been using that SAME charger for all of these things.

Dumb iFaggot.

>Galaxy S2, Motorola Razr I, Galaxy Grand Prime, a CCE TF74W, Raspberry Pi and now a Moto X Play.
All devices from well before 2015. Modern Android smartphones run on USB C, faggot. All of them, actually.

Can we get a “thank you based apple”?

Lightning > USB-C

>hoarding all those cheapshit lagdroid phones for no reason
>charging everything with one microUSB cable
>reddit spacing
please commit suicide. I hear coal suffocation is a great way to go

good decision

Galaxy S4 uses microUSB. Galaxy S5 uses USB 3.0. The Galaxy S6 goes back to microUSB, and then the S7 switches to USB C.
>dongled again

>usb 3.0
lol how stupid is this

Attached: galaxy-s5-usb-port.jpg (580x326, 30K)

micro USB and micro USB 3.0 are separate shapes. 3.0 is almost twice as wide and has a divot in the middle.

yes I am not blind

How will itoddlers ever recover?

>Galaxy S4 uses microUSB. Galaxy S5 uses USB 3.0. The Galaxy S6 goes back to microUSB
All of those are microusb compatible. The extra extension on usb3 is only needed for high speed data transfers.

Yeah, but the way they designed the inlay around the port makes it incredibly difficult to charge the phone with a standard micro USB cable, similar to the way Apple forced people to use the stock earbuds with the inlay around the jack in the first iPhone.
It's "technically" compatible with the standard, but not physically.

>makes it incredibly difficult to charge the phone with a standard micro USB cable
No it doesn't you retard.

>t. brainlet
youtube.com/watch?v=y0KZ2Qc9LX0#

I said difficult, not impossible. 2/3 of the micro USB cables you would buy wouldn't work because of the shape of their casing.
F- comprehension skills

Wuz

QUEENZ

>2/3
I bought a bunch from a PC recycler for $1 each so I could put them all over the house and have them anywhere I need it and every single one works and they're all different shapes and brands, fuck off brainlet.

>I did a thing and thus you are wrong.
Great point, never thought of it that way.

>i made up complete bullshit and thus i'm right

>It's bullshit because it doesn't apply to me specifically.

>I said difficult
My 90 year old legally blind grandfather that uses his S5 purely with google voice commands to call family and friends can easily plug in his S5 with a normal microUSB charger just by feeling for the 2 nubs on one side of the connector. Sorry you have the motor control of a toddler and can't even keep up with a 90 year old man.

>Universal Standard Bus
>16*10^23 variations
When's truly universal standard peripherals?

>my made up bullshit that applies to no one ever is correct

Funny you should mention that, my 92-year-old grandfather had the exact problem I'm describing; difficulty plugging in standard Micro USB cables into his S5. And he was a pretty good guitarist, too, so it's not like he had toddler-tier fine motor skills.

>If it doesn't apply to me, it applies to no one ever.

>lol imma take your example and spice it up with even more bullshit that never happened to double down on my retardation
Imagine being this pathetic.

Attached: 1499936340499.jpg (610x610, 84K)

>if it doesn't apply to anyone, it applies to everyone

>waaah my story is totally true and yours isn't
>I...I can just tell...
Imagine being this pathetic.

>Even if it's a pretty big problem that lots of people complained about, I never experienced it so it never happened.

>Even if it's a non-issue that nobody complained about, I experienced it so it always happens.

When they have influence big enough to ruin the entire phone market, the infringe on my well being, thus having a very big and direct effect. There's nothing autistic about not wanting to be fucked over by shitty companies.

>Even if multiple people have complained about this which is why Samsung themselves went back on that decision in the first place, I'll pretend no one complained about it because I sure as hell didn't.

Nobody is forcing companies to copy anything. They lack originality and so they take ideas without improving upon them. That's how you end up with notched Android phones with huge empty chins.

>Even if almost nobody complained about this which is why there's near-zero complaints about it on the internet with almost all inquirys about it are purely about compatibility, I'll pretend everyone complained about it because I sure as hell did.

>I don't know how to use Google lmao

>i make up google results in my head lmao

>buys an android flavored clone of the phone he hates

ITODDLERS

D O N G L E D

AGAIN

Attached: 76tveiJ.gif (387x432, 2.91M)

>Remove headphone jack
>"Buy our lightning headphones!"
>Then change to USB-C to support the standard
Kek. It's good that phones and laptops are charging from the same connector now.

>t. autist who's still mad about that time he found out he couldn't use his iPhone as a remote control that one time 8 years ago

>>"Buy our lightning headphones!"
Lightning EarPods come in the box with every iPhone, as well as an auxiliary dongle. No need to buy anything.

iTodlers will use USB-C to lightning dongles so they can use their lightning headphones.
And I will be laughing at them.

Apple also sells several lightning headphone models, beats for instance.

this thread kind of feels like Jow Forums is just looking for something to laugh at iToddlers about. i mean, usually there's a lot to laugh about but this just seems manufactured.

fucking kek

Beats have removable cables. You don't have to throw away the entire headphones. You shouldn't be using Beats anyway because they're trash.

You shouldn't be using Apple products anyway because they're trash.

more realistically they'll probably just use the USB C earbuds that come out of the box. or just normal 3.5mm headphones through a dongle.
or maybe the ones that aren't dirt poor will use AirPods.