OH NONONONONNONOONOOO

OH NONONONONNONOONOOO

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-13_125347.jpg (1440x2560, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOaSdO5H91M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>OH NONONONONNONOONOOO
Stop this forced meme.

how is this bad again?

Programming is over. Thank you, webdevs.

GUI programming was never real programming.

t. embedded developer

The new office looks really good and it's way more lightweight

Whenever I read it I imagine the "look at the top of his head" audio. Is it a reference to that?

It doesn't seem so bad, after all.

Attached: DflBc6BUEAAneqZ.jpg:large.jpg (1420x2048, 429K)

>"look at the top of his head" audio
I have no idea what the fuck that means. I only noticed it, because there are 3+ OPs in the catalogue and 15 of them in the archive that has the same format.

back to r*ddit, now

youtube.com/watch?v=NOaSdO5H91M

They used java whitch is most insecure thing in universe
apart from reddit users of course

Thanks

>apart from reddit users of course
You literally only mentioned this cause it was socially validating. It would be social suicide to actually justify this opinion.

You have to go back

>They used Java
>Which is thmost insecure thing in the universe
Holy shit the Reddit overflow in this thread is atrocious

It makes sense. Word and stuff are mostly barebones products but they look pretty. js is good at making stuff look pretty. They're not exactly complex software.

It'll still run like shit though, have you tried using word online? Has latency issues, and requires you to be connected to the internet...

>have you tried using word online? ... requires you to be connected to the internet...
what a shame

Autism

Office 365 power point cant use equations. JS brsinlets btfo

>office 365
Isn't that just the subscription-based office web app? What was it written in before?

Office 365 is a bunch of UWP apps: C# backend, JS frontend.

Attached: smug_usagi.gif (480x355, 1M)

How retarded are you that when faced with your own quote you vomit the word "autism" and nothing else.

Because you have autism

>This little scripting language called JavaScript

Can tech people stop talking like this oh my fucking cancer

All they are doing is use JS for the GUI. Basically electron except the backend is c# instead of node.js

You can do this with any backend language btw. For example I write digital signage software that boots up a local java server and the GUI is a chromium browser in kiosk mode

why are Jow Forums bois so gwumpy all teh time?

Attached: cry dance.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

>javascript
>java
kys

Because minorities and women still have voting rights, should only be white male landowners desu

I can't believe retards like this think they're allowed to post here, really activates my almonds

Bud, one of the symptoms of autism is the inability to see other's viewpoints. If you can't reason why the inability to use software offline might be a negative, you're autistic

Why do they rewrite their product in a language from a competitor? Why don't they use c#?

>Embrace
>Extend
>Extinguish

>microsoft killing Javascript

Sign me the fuck up.

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 201K)

>"Hi there!!! Original Tweeter here!"

Testosterone in the minus levels.

It depends on the team working on it. It seems they have more TS/JS devs than C# ones. Script kiddies ar everywhere and MS has always been a fucking joke. Even their first open source IDE is written in electron shit and not their own tech.

>Give me gold Xdddddd
God I fucking hate Reddit everyone who uses it should be fucking gassed, and twitter, and any social media.
I want out of this timeline, John titor take me away

>tfw started learning js
Guess I picked correctly

They do use C#. But C# is shit for UI.

It's a /v/ meme

It's going to be great! Keep working hard guys! :)

Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger! Let's drink onions together someday!

Sure it's impressive that it was done, but for what purpose exactly, just to show off how powerful JS can be? It's like re-franchising McDonald's under the name McDonnell's, serves no real purpose. Am I wrong?

i want to gas all MS pajeets and soimen

if it's any consolation they're using typescript

I wonder how Joel Spolsky feels about this, given all his stories about squeezing every last drop of performance out of the original Excel

what is office 365?

Office Web Apps. You subscribe to it on a yearly basis and all updates are forced updates because the software is actually on a remote server. Think Google Docs but Microsoft-approved.

Was that not written in JavaScript to begin with?

Java is not the same ad JavaScript

The web version at least. There's also a "thin-client" version for rapid deployment on desktop PCs and this is what is getting rewritten in JS.