Article 13

Europe is trying to force upload filters on everyone starting 20 June 2018. Is Jow Forums kill for EU users now?

Attached: article13.png (503x499, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

saveyourinternet.eu/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/06/illegal-memes-weak-safe-harbor-unpacking-the-proposed-eu-copyright-overhaul/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice source

saveyourinternet.eu/

Attached: dae7ccc3109bbaa9.png (500x601, 369K)

And aliens did 9-11

the internet should never have had open borders

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/06/illegal-memes-weak-safe-harbor-unpacking-the-proposed-eu-copyright-overhaul/

Attached: e44438b480f7c81a.png (464x454, 293K)

The internet needs more open borders, not less. The whole problem here is that governments think they should get a say in what data crosses their lines on a map. They shouldn't, the internet can and should be the tool for routing around their oppression.

n, you fucking retard. because muh open internet we are flooded with indians and niggers. scammers in nigeria have never had it this easy before. pajeet call centers fleecing boomers is an entire industry. russians installing cryptolocker in train stations is okay?
seriously, go fuck yourself

They're trying to enforce a link tax, too. It's total retardism.

Attached: 431b368128a984ff.png (464x424, 475K)

free speech only protects you from being arrested by the cops for your speech, it has nothing to do with how everybody at middle school hates you now because you want to be able to say nigger

>muh extranational central authority will totally work out different this time

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2000x1333, 77K)

Oh that won't be a problem in the EU any longer anyway. Whenever you try to post anything the great filter deems inappropriate, your post won't get published anyway.

Attached: d7dc33c7500c1e2a.png (1280x1664, 1.65M)

Compared to governments with hate-speech laws and copyright cartels? Yes. I would 100% rather have Nigerian scammers, Pajeet "tech support" and Russian malware. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's a vanishingly small price to pay for keeping the much-more-dangerous people - politicians - out of power on the Web.

Attached: ea8660c7f6a68e27.png (539x358, 239K)

I don't care. I voted to leave the EU, so I don't care if the EU keeps on shitting the bed. It gives me the oppertunity to point and laugh at those who voted to remain.

NOT THE MEEMEES OH NO

I love it when you can instantly tell when some
paid shilling agency is making "memes".

these are fresh organic european memes, m'edgelord

these memes are free as in beer

Attached: 905b521c3431c410.jpg (596x451, 69K)

Hopefully. They've done nothing but shit up the internet ever since we invited them to it.

if you think this shit isn't coming small britistan once it's established in the eu, you're deluding yourself.

Sure, we'll have it for a bit. But once we're out the EU, the public will pitch a fit and the government will reverse this faggotry.

Wouldn't be suprised if the great cuckistan is the one who came out whit this in the first place.
That place is is a literal shithole

if the article stops shitposts like that i hope it gets passed. god bless.

Attached: 1463702800046.png (480x550, 288K)

with this kind of meme quality, article 13 sounds better than ever

i hope you're right, because it seems i'll need to vpn into other countries for general internet use soon. but i kinda doubt it. if they can force google and facebook to pay for referal links or text snippets, your countries' publishers will want in on that deal.

you forgot my text shitposts tho

Attached: 5927ea07dc526b60.jpg (728x391, 59K)

i hope the EU goes as batshit as humanly possible trying to stop memes, because the harder they go in that particular paint, the more fucking hilarious it's gonna be.

Lmao how are they even gonna enforce something like that?

(you)

you should go back to pleddit, desu

I hope so I can finally escape this site

No one falls for that shit unless you're a retarded boomer. Kill yourself

>he said
>in the website that centers itself in the concept of anonymity, no karma or points or thumbs or whatever the fuck system
if anything, policing speech is more of a rebbit thing

reminder that right-wing parties were the ones that supported this pile of garbage whereas leftists were against it

Good luck enforcing them. Also shitty site design.

Europe, the UK, and the US need libertarian, anti-authoritarian parties. Right now we have an authoritarian left and an authoritarian right, both of whom advocate harmful things like this, just in different flavors. We need political parties who want to explicitly dismantle the state's legal authority to act.

Fuck off kike. I can actually turn off advertising cookies and still access sites. Fucking amazing.

fucking saved

Attached: IMG_2111.jpg (461x1908, 130K)

>The most contentious element is Article 13 of the proposed directive (EU-speak for law). It seeks to make Internet services that host large amounts of user-uploaded material responsible for policing their holdings to prevent copyright infringement.

This has nothing to do with 4chin. 4chin's active content is like a pathetic 1 terrabyte.

This idea for a law (because it hasn't even been voted yet at the first reading) is about Youtube, Spotify, big players who have gorillions of content uploaded by random users.

So this would only cost the big players, small-time sites won't be affected in any way.

>agency making "mems"
kek, so true

>>So this would only cost the big players, small-time sites won't be affected in any way.
So? That doesn't make this any less bad. The problem here is the principle of the thing. There should be none of what US law calls "prior restraint", that is, banning things proactively, filtering them before they're published. There shouldn't be a pre-upload filtering mechanism mandated at all, anywhere, for anything.

2bh, this idea is part of a concerted effort by the EU to fuck with Google and their business model. They're looking at any possible regulations that could break their businesses from working in Europe. They basically want Google, Facebook etc out of Europe.

Simple as that. And they will use whatever makes sense to crush them. And while I agree that I see no point in such filters, even though they would be only used for superbig public data hosters, I wouldn't mind if the EU found ways to break Google's legs in Europe. Same for Facebook and other companies that get more than 90% of their revenue from ads, which are attached to content users post on their sites.

Doesn't make sense, why would they want Google out?

This is the dying publishing industry trying to extort money from content aggregators. Maybe mixed with the effort to combat hate speech.

Because google and facebook have been making bank for years at the expense of billions of people on this planet, including Europeans.

And what did Europe get out of this? Considering the shady methods that Google, Apple and others used to dodge taxes until now? Not much. So the EU sees these big USA "tech" companies as nothing more than tentacles of US capital greed using European users' data as a resource for making billions of bucks per year. And they want to make it harder and harder for them to operate in the EU, by attacking their business model from multiple fronts. GDPR was one such front. This copyright filter law is just another angle from which to achieve the same result: making sure you increase their operating costs to the point where it becomes unsustainable for them to operate.

I don't buy the revenge plot. Yes Facebook have dodged taxes in the past, but the logical solution would be to force them to pay taxes, not make them leave.

Free speech means no persecution for what you say. This isn't limited to the government but also to society itself

whoosh

Christ the memes are bad in this thread, Shitpostbot 5k blows the shills out

Attached: b0c.jpg (668x1200, 57K)

hopefully. I wish bongs and europoors would just fuck off already. these losers have a containment board, and should not be allowed outside of Jow Forums

eurocucks were talking shit about net neutrality, now they're getting absolutely raped by "their" parliament. the absolute state of """""E*rope"""''

Attached: 717b54bc-792b-4778-a5c3-1f0386eee3e3..jpg (1136x640, 115K)

The more people who protest this law, the better it looks in my eyes. We need stronger copyright laws and ways to prevent certain content from being disseminated on the internet. Think of this as a necessity to prevent the rise of another Trump - Destroy fake news spread across the internet at the source and ensure only the correct content and information is available.

Shit, we need this here in the US too. That should make those anime fabsubbers reach for the rope

Shut the fuck up asshole no one asked nor cares for your objectively shit opinion

>right wing
>Europe

Being left of center in the US is a nazi in the EU, adjust your definitions.

>putting a big fucking modal in front of the main content that you can't close
Whichever web """""""""""""""""developer"""""""""""""""" designed this piece of shit website deserves to be shot.

This bitch faggot is lucky he lives in Europe

sounds like a "you" problem

I wonder what it must be like being a living being composed entirely of shit opinions.

Attached: time for your (You)s.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

True, you have other concerns

Other EUfag user here, look at what the Irish response was when they wanted Apple to start paying taxes. The parlement making regulations sadly seems to be easier than making multinationals pay their due.

Also, small companies cannot feasibly screen all their users content for compliance. They'll have to license Google's Content ID, or Facebook's implementation. That means all content in Europe will be piped through the big player's servers. It's absolutely moronic legislation.

Attached: 697baf8646f33932.jpg (1052x532, 116K)

>when your once free continent
>provokes war with russia over oil deals
>starts TWO civil wars to host as proxies because of it
>cucks its citizens and forces them to take in migrants by the millions
>begins emulating chinas communist governing methods/laws
what kind of fucked up timeline did i enter..
and how do i escape it?

Hi Jow Forums

OBSESSED

Given that I got bored and stopped opening that link (it took that long) I think whatever it supports is antithetical to my values.

#SaveYourInternet #DeleteArt13

Attached: 2.png (800x800, 136K)

You're missing the point. They want to deglobalise the internet. China doesn't ban Facebook and Google from operating because they don't pay taxes but Tencent does. They do it to create a nationalised internet ecosystem. Sure, there is more to internet in China than Tencent but for a large amount of people, Tencent IS the internet. Russia does the same thing with VKontakte.

Found this funny.
One of the guys supporting the bill.

Attached: Screenshot_20180614-111738~01.png (1080x422, 85K)

Oops sorry. He's OPPOSED.

>Is Jow Forums kill for EU users now?
Hopefully.

t. non-EU European

Those """""""""""memes""""""""" are so painfully unfunny and boomer-tier that you're doing more damage than good by posting that shit. But who am I kidding you're most likely a paid shill from somewhere who has zero comprehension of internet culture and only does it to push his own agenda.

>Cerf has worked for Google as a Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist since October 2005.
Gee, a literal paid shill for Google opposes a bill designed to screw Google over

>you're doing more damage than good by posting that shit
You are not thinking deep enough. This is a pro-Article 13 psyop meant to make the opposition look uncool.

Here's a summary

Attached: juliareda.eu.png (1046x3089, 542K)

Woah there I almost fell for it.

Of course it's a fucking German that suggested it.

>right-wing
>parties
You are at best center-right if are into this "parties" and "voting" thing.

Attached: 4.png (800x800, 85K)

Julia Reder is opposed. She's a member of the Pirate Party.

Attached: who is.png (556x112, 7K)

>Vint Cerf
>paid shill
If Google were forcing him to do something he didn't like, he could quit on the spot. It's not like he has to worry about money or finding an employer.

This is a poor rip-off of a Despair, Inc. poster.

Attached: 1139590237501.jpg (617x435, 25K)

1984 here I go

Attached: oashf456.jpg (1279x720, 39K)

Attached: 6.png (800x800, 98K)

Never going to happen. The parasites are too deeply entrenched. You either join in on making the government more powerful, or you get buried.

Attached: 1399474999971.gif (440x247, 621K)

EU FAGS BTFO

I wonder if the big head guys at EU even know what a link is

Attached: 8.png (800x800, 66K)

fuck your black pill shilling

please stop posting

please end yourself

no u

o-okay

Every meme spewing retard will be banished from the internet?

Jow Forumschan shut down?

WHERE DO I FUCKING SIGN

Attached: 1496615672384.jpg (590x700, 147K)

The only thing that's good about that is the potential additions.

So it's bad. Making data mining illegal? So they're basically saying I can't crawl anymore because I don't get a license from the gooberment?

Why not make robot.txt compliance mandatory if you're going in this direction?

summer starting early this year

>be europoor
>art13 in effect
>connect with my usual vpn
>be from hongkong now
>proceed to use the internet always
>but now without all the euronormies
so, where's the downside? we actually get a version of the internet back, when only people with a fundamental understanding of the technology could fully access it? wasn't that what we wanted in the first place? it's not like Jow Forums is hosting anything in europe.

This is retarded. References in a bibliography to paper sources have never attracted a tax. But digitize it and suddenly it is different. wut.

>implying Jow Forums isn't a dying millennial-centric site
>implying gen-z school kids come here
>implying there are seasonal differences in Jow Forums's userbase

Yeah, it's not like traffic has doubled since the 2016 election and faggot e-celebs like pewdiepie are constantly making videos with millions of views about Jow Forums for their cancerous 14-year-old fanbases.
That would suck, right?

>vpns are blocked because copyright
Australia's tried to do it.