Do you guys prefer triple monitor setups or ultrawides?

(not my setup in the picture) I was just wondering Jow Forums's take on this topic.

Attached: 51092f72fa4cb8ca1fdbd5d875661547_1920.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

i had 4 but moved one over to another PC. I like 2 horizontal and one vertical (i use the vertical for chat, music, documentation)

Attached: IMG_1879 (1).jpg (640x480, 106K)

I’m considering purchasing a 29-34 inch curved widescreen. For gaming and dual boxing along with my current 24 in and 27 in monitors

I have tried using both a double and a triple monitor setup. I prefer using just one monitor and use multiple workspaces instead.

Triple one horizontal two vertical

I have three, two 1080p monitors and one 19" 1280x1024 joint. Works fine for me.

Triple monitor for "productivity"

That is a really sleek setup. Are you running Linux on your computer?

I can see Arch Linux on the screenfetch

I'm so fucking blind holy shit.

>riot.im
My nigga!

Attached: 1386225093144.gif (235x240, 1.91M)

Ultrawide, that way you don't have to move your head.

3 monitors in portrate mode with outer bezels removed is the only acceptable multi monitor setup.

if your not using that don't even bother with LCD and get a CRT.

negro

Attached: IMG_0397.jpg (4000x3000, 2.72M)

i was wondering about this
i’ve been using a 32” at home which i like especially for movies, but i’m thinking about adding a 29” horizontally mainly for internets & stuff

Three ultra wide

Bit of an odd question for any macfags in this chat, but how do 'virtual desktops' work if you use a 2-monitor external set-up?

I frequently have Xcode open in one 'desktop', Spotify/HipChat/iMessage/Whatever on another, and documentation on ta third. I'd want to just throw the spotify/etc mess on the top monitor, but be able to use 2 virtual desktops for my bottom one.

>tfw i use one big motherfuckin tv as my only monitor
wish i had a 2nd monitor sometimes

Only valid answer

Attached: monitorasts.png (522x241, 8K)

>smoker
Enjoy your setup while you can, retard

I tried everything, and here's my opinion.

Three monitors is really majestic, but especially when they're turned off. The bezels, difference in color, and difference in ppi bothered me. Also, I never used all three monitors, and it took a lot of desk space, so I had less space for my mouse.

Ultrawide is spectacular, if you're willing to give up fast refresh rate or sharpness. However I just didn't like it. I returned it because I'd rather have 800$ than one big monitor.

I settled with a 180hz tn in the center for gaming, and an ips for movies and photo editing. And both, for general productivity. Overall, I think that's the best way to go. At least for me.

Attached: 2018-06-12 04.02.04.jpg (2111x3017, 3.71M)

I personally have 2 monitors and I totally agree with you on the dual monitor standpoint. I tried 3 monitors. Didn't like them.

I'd really like to have a double vertical curved ultrawide setup. Triple monitor setups with a single vertical monitor works nicely if you read a lot of code or use IRC.

I thought about having a single high refresh rate monitor with a secondary ultrawide, thoughts?

triple ultrawide in a wankle configuration around me

Attached: Displays.png (721x525, 9K)

I prefer one big monitor. I'm not sold on ultrawide, however.

Using 2x23" 1080p at home and similar at work. We're moving to 34" curved ultrawides at work so I'll have to see how I get on.

Anyone here using a single giant fuckoff monitor, like 40" or larger 4K? How do you find it?

27" 4K monitor is all you need desu. It's like having four 24" 1080p monitors in a 27" area

Okay i need an answer, should i prioritize a 120/144hz screen over a better resolution 60hz one ?

how about a good one, because neither resolution nor refresh rate say anything about quality

Inspired to draw mine. Considering upgrading to 4k, but really want one with high refresh rate to come out first.

Attached: Monitors.png (1528x711, 11K)

You mean like 24" 60hz 4k IPS vs 24" 144hz 1440p? What graphics card do you have?

I'd rather get a dual or triple monitor setup instead of a ultrawide, I don't like the idea of installing 3rd party software for custom window snapping

Same. I enjoy easily full screening youtube, movies, or chinese cartoons one one screen while, discord on another, and my game up on the third.

I've used double monitors and found i didn't like looking at the periphery despite IPS viewing angles and monitors on an angle.
I've realized my most comfy size is about ~30-40" 16:9. I'm going to replace my current monitor with a 32" 1440p IPS (same DPI as 24" @ 1080p) and things should be gravy.

Only reason i can think i'd go back to multiple monitors is if i wanted to supplement my main IPS with a 144hz TN for buttery smooth animation, or a VA with dem blacks for watching media, but i don't think the cluttered desk is worth it (yet).

Fuck IPS. VA is better.

>big tv pixel density
yuck my dude

Attached: 1525130649496.gif (260x320, 1.97M)

Nah senpai, you're low-dpi monitors are shit-tier. Step up to not having pixelated text with shitty anti-aliasing.

i gots a 34" ultrawide

i don't have the GPU to support it at all for gaming. but for productivity / fucking around it's great. you can fit two full size windows right next to eachother, no bezel. or i can use the 3rd party software to snap the windows into certain configs, that way they're not just hovering around

Single monitor because I'm not an ADD winfag

Attached: Linux-Torvalds-Shows-Off-His-Home-Working-Desk-451264-3[1].jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I like my triple 3x4K 27" monitor setup. I've had other setups over the years, from one CRT decades ago to one 1080p to two 1080p to two 1080p and a 480p and so on and finally this current setup. i'd probably prefer one ultrawide 4k (well, it would have to be more than 4k wide) over three 1080p but three 4k's is preferable to one ultrawide because it provides a total resolution which is so much higher than any current ultrawide sold provides.

Triple ultrawides.

the human eye cannot see above 1 monitors per second.

quadruple

Attached: 2018-03-12.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

I have 3x 27" monitors. Two are 1440p, the third is 1080p for media.

Attached: setup2.png (845x416, 12K)

I didn't even know monitors went up to 180hz

/thread

Attached: Namnlös.png (1152x648, 8K)

You need at least one more of those.

poorfag detected

>he doesnt have 5M

which 1440p monitor do I get for gaming? I have a 1080p monitor with high refresh rate and G-Sync but I've had it for years and starting to notice some issues with it, namely backlight bleeding. plus, I'm not playing esports games like a fuckin idiot anymore like I used to when I bought this thing.

I have a 1070 btw

>esports

Attached: 1509192989299.jpg (645x773, 56K)

I realized how much time I wasted. I'm repenting

I use a single ultra wide because its like having dual square monitors, but I've considered buying another one. Sometimes, I find myself trying to run more than 2 things next to each other.

what's the keyboard?

I prefer triple setups: two in my ass, one in my mouth.

Ultrawides cause too much rectal tearing. Pass.