How come I keep seeing threads about fresh CS/CE grads looking for jobs/unable to find one...

How come I keep seeing threads about fresh CS/CE grads looking for jobs/unable to find one? Is it not a norm in burgerland to graduate with at least 2 years of professional experience? At least half of the students here (eastern yuro) start working after second year. What's your excuse?

Attached: 1495406119595.jpg (4032x3024, 1.07M)

They made poor decisions.

Well I can't work because first the employer needs to hire me first. Fucking retard.

Maybe you should have done a fucking internship or gotten a job while in college. Retard. Your shitty situation is 100 your fault

>2.0 GPA
>no portfolio
>no personal projects
>no social skills
>only applies to a handful of companies
>"why don't I have a job yet?!?! :^("

t. boomer

Today I was on a job interview in one big, known company that has it's workplace also in eastern europe - they asked me how I'd implement a linked list in C. I just wanted to share what they asked me to do on a blackboard and I must say, some stress and the fact that you write on a blackboard instead of computer already made me forget about 50% of the things I know and have experience in.

I'm working at an as a computer engineer for a couple semesters, it's pretty fun desu

my coworkers are cool, the environment is pretty laid back and I'm working on some pretty interesting shit

boomer spotted

Attached: 1523387586421.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Hey Faggot,

It's all you fucking faggots that agreed to work for free or this bullshit Internship that ruined everything for everyone.

Companies use to hire people straight out of school and then mold them into what they needed. You faggots today bend over and take it up the ass and suck dick giving the employer all the power.

Even in the US CS-related internships are paid. The only unpaid internship memes you hear about are communication and other social sciences. No way in fuck would I accept an unpaid CS intern. I did 3 of them in college and each one was around ~$20-30/hr (NY upstate).

Abso-lutely. It's stupid to pay top dollar for an education and then compromise your ability to make the most of it by fucking working FOR FREE for some jackass corporation that cares less than zero about you.

Fuck employers. Start a business.

because they play videogames and/or watch anime, instead of working on side projects, to obtain gainful employment, these weebs feel like someone owes them a job.

Attached: 26047265_1942729635944501_2191917281258610345_n.jpg (960x431, 50K)

I make $20/hr as a comp eng intern with no prior internships

Even if they pay you, fuck them. You're in school. You have the rest of your life to wage-slave.

Where did all you sissy cucks come from? Were you BORN with a corporate dick in your arses?

I hate when people say “computer engineer”, you are not an engineer.

I'll finish a masters with $0.00 in student loans, paid off truck, halfway paid off car, and enough money to relocate myself because I'm not afraid to wage slave and then study.

Oh no, I earn money by sitting down on my ass all day and thinking and talking to people. This is slavery!

The job market is more competitive than it used to be in the US for a number of different reasons, that's all there is to it. Companies ask for more skills than they really need for entry level jobs because they know they can still get someone.

I applied, how is this my decision

What? I want fucking money dude. How the fuck do you afford things and go out with >friends if you don't have cash? $30/hr to stand up servers for people and write some software is pretty fucking comfy when I've got money to blow on practically anything I'd want as college student then.

This. I have friends who would spend their entire 3 months of summer to go inter somewhere in california then after they finish school no one want to hire them since other idiots are interning now in their place.

A computer engineer is literally an EE with a focus on digital signals. Are EE's not engineers?

Actually just got an internship for $21.50 an hour starting June 25th.

Shitting bricks though because they’re doing a background check + drug test right now. I took an adderall June 4th at 6:30am, took my drug test on June 10th ~2:30pm. I don’t know my results because they sent the urine to some lab. Think I’ll be okay? If I lose this offer I’ll orobably kill myself.

>dealing with training shitty interns every summer
Lol fucking monkey, maybe apply for a job that does more than basic HTML

Also, anyone else get annoyed with the background check process? I have a clean background, I’ve worked 4 minimum wage jobs and I listed all of them and the appropriate contact info for them. Yet the fucking company doing the background check has been a pain in my ass asking for documents like W2s, paycheck stubs from fucking Yogurtland when I was 18, etc every single day. Like fuck off why would I lie about working at these shit places?

did you do anything to stand out from everyone else? a commit or two in a FOSS project? a shitty little web app?

I don't know if you read my post or not, but I never done interning. I worked my fathers business as I went to school then joined the navy to leech off the government.

>leech
>Trading your time for shit pay
K.

this. user gets it. of course user arguing other side is a neet 13 yo

I'm in aerospace

>first semester senior
>will probably have to stay another year because classes fill up so fast
>no GPA on my resume
>have skills in a wide variety of languages and frameworks, but no projects to show off (I clean my HDD frequently, change computers, etc)
>no internship in 3 years because no transportation (yet)

am I just fucked? Is it too late to make myself job-worthy? If I get a car and get an internship in the next academic year?

I'm as (sexually) confused as OP. Do burger universities not actively assist you with networking and job searching? My SE degree has required industry experience and my uni has fuckloads of internal groups for helping students of all faculties to find work. I used a post on the engineering student placement facebook page to apply to my first company ever and got a paid internship who kept me on longer than was required because they were based. With that and an SE degree under my belt I anticipate no trouble finding a job here. Why do you people go for jobs in oversaturated industries where you are? Either move to Australia or study something with job prospects.

Attached: sony_bravia_3d_nigel.jpg (1280x960, 264K)

That's what I was going to ask. I got a part time job at a local law firm the second semester at Uni because I kept going to the Alumni Club meetings. Shit, our law department kept organizing moot courts and mock trials every other week where they would invite all the partners & other big shots from around town to watch/ play roles. By the time I was done I had 4 job offers.

I have Bs,Ms in CS and 1 year of work experience at top 5 company. Im unemployed and cant get an interview

>looking for entry level tech job
>3.8 GPA from U of Michigan in computer science
>worked 2 years for GM during school as a junior intern
>"sorry we only look for top 0.1% of candidates"
>need to put up with employers treating you like shit while paying low wages

Meanwhile in the boomer era
>walk in and ask for a job
>sure.webm
>high wages for the time
>company might actually treat you well
>let's vote for policies and politicians that are going to destroy everything

Fuck boomers.

Attached: 1469465189284.png (474x351, 182K)

A lot of the jobs for these positions are centered around specific geographical areas (software development jobs in the bay area, I lie in Phoenix AZ where there's a lot of networking jobs) and schools around those areas do a lot with internship, but say you're in bumfuck michigan and taking courses you're not likely to get much help because there isn't anything near you. Australia has about 5 major metro areas. The US has over 300. So if you weren't lucky enough to live in one of these areas you're going to have a harder time. You're lucky in that no one lives in Australia

Networking is one of the best things you'll ever do. Knowing and befriending people is one of the best ways to get into jobs there is. The company I work for example. The CTO who runs the technical side of our company convinced stockholders it was a good idea to buy his friends hosting company. They were a fucking mess and unprofitable, they hosted dedicated servers on cheap midtowers ffs and virtualization that dedicated unraided disks to virtual machines. This guy made a couple of million off of that purchase. If you didn't make any personal connections for jobs in 4 fucking years it's your problem.

>Networking is

Didn't read the rest. I regularly went to lunch with multiple people at GM who were hiring managers. Didn't get me anywhere. Dad works for another large company and can't get me in. Aunt works for another large company in HR, can't get in there. No criminal history, nothing remotely negative or political or offensive on my social media.

Fuck. Off. Go die somewhere. You fucksticks caused this, go eat a bullet.

>internship
Sure, let me go apply...
>send in application
>"if we don't reply in six months you ddin't get it sux to be you xD"
This is why nobody can find work.

Well, maybe you're actually an unlikeable person. If that's the case then it's probably time to start chainging that.

You sound like a fag. That's probably why you're not getting hired.

It's also the fact that they can effectively ask you anything related to CS on-the-fucking-spot in that instance.

You seem incredibly sensitive about this issue, might you be projecting your homosexuality onto me?

ITT: A bunch of people who choose to be unemployed over working a regular job while looking for a better one that can use their shitty degree dont understand why the 25 year old whos been with the company for 6 years and went to night school for a tech cert got the job instead.

I'm comfortably a 70/30 straight/gay bisexual. You however sound like a whiny fag without social skills.

>REEEEE HIRE ME

Your social skills are so advanced that you feel the need to argue with people about it on Jow Forums at 3am, and call them faggots. Very nice.

Seriously, how many chinks cheat their way to a degree without any working skills. Why would you ever trust that person. Degrees are borderline useless now.

What makes you think it's 3am where I'm at?

EU is actually catching on to useless grads. The GDPR section concerning the qualifications a DPO should have explicitly state that academic degrees don't matter shit if the person is a brainlet.

I like how the 3am part is the only one you chose to refute.

It was the main thrust of your fruity 'argument'.

you're not allowed to discriminate by IQ, but you're allowed to "assess their performance"

Why do I need to refute anything else? I got my job through people I know. You're also arguing with me and it's obviously much later where you're at. So how is throwing the time at me helping your argument when you didn't have the reading comprehension to figure out what time zone I'm in and are arguing that the time makes it sad when you're arguing with me at a later time? Christ I'm half drunk and you're getting intellectually clobbered by a drunk guy in Arizona at 12:50am my time.

Why is finding the person who does the job the best in the best interest of a company?

I was using brainlet as a catchall term for incompetence. My bad.
I've been doing GDPR consultations and complete care for companies all across Europe for almost 2 years now and I can tell you it was a nightmare to find good people to fill the DPO position for a lot of companies.
What's that? CTO Shekelstein wants his half retarded communications grad nephew to fill the role because 'he's good with computers'?
Fuck no.

>you're getting intellectually clobbered by

Wow watch out we got a bigbrain in the thread.

It's both in a weird way. The DPO is basically an unfireable (as long as he's competent) snitch - if you don't follow his advice he's obliged to report it after all. But if you hired a moron and it's obvious he doesn't know shit, the employer is still the one to get the axe.

So you don't refute anything I said? Ha. What a faaaag

Attached: STD3VSp.png (551x425, 161K)

At least in euroland the unemployment is off the charts

Fuck off cunt

because of pic related

burger education is shit if you dont go to MIT or any other top 10 universities

Attached: 1515958126132.png (1484x888, 275K)

Agreed.

> Be in UK
> Put job advert out for junior full stack
> 2 people apply
> 2 people