/ag/ & /am/: audio general & audiophile memes

Midweek Edition

Attached: 1516293158215.jpg (994x993, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3651-E6B-Soundbar-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07963TVWG
overstock.com/Electronics/Vizio-SB3820-C6-38-2.0-Sound-Bar-with-Integrated-Deep-Bass-Modules/9814406/product.html
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5457608
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5574522
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5427719
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649443228-focal-sub300p-11-powered-subwoofer/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649437413-tannoy-10-ps110-subwoofer/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649411832-klipsch-ksw10-10inch-225watt-subwoofer-black/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649440135-dali-fazon-sub1-gloss-piano-black-excellent-condition-demo-with-warranty/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

previous thread

Attached: 3fbe91a82e06d2b2151528.jpg (1200x800, 1.5M)

How do I plug these into my PC?
amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3651-E6B-Soundbar-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07963TVWG

Oh they are sold out now during all this time I couldn't fucking figure out what to get. Fucking kill me.

Time to enjoy more days of shitty monitor speakers

It looks like USB would have been an option. Even a phone could plug in so I'm not sure why they're not advertised for PC. Except I can't buy it now.

Attached: mms_img-508664087.jpg (540x960, 293K)

My bose speaker stopped working, i bought them when i built my computer not knowing better. What are decent replacements for them?

what do they look like / model number?

overstock.com/Electronics/Vizio-SB3820-C6-38-2.0-Sound-Bar-with-Integrated-Deep-Bass-Modules/9814406/product.html

see additional selections at the bottom

Who else here has fully Embraced DSD and realised they were wrong ? I had been downsampling SACD DSD to PCM 24/96 for my digital crossovers and PCM 24/48 forrm y iphone 6s and thought DSD was just total meme. I thought 24/48 was the ideal format and anymore was a waste of Space.

Well i finally got a DAP a few weeks back that can do 5.6mhz DSD. On top of that i found a trove of 5.6mhz mhz DSD vinyl and R2R tape rips on rutracker made with very high end Gear, OMG i can hear a diffrerence. Its just so fast so silky smooth ! There is a distict lack of "digitisation" ie quantitization noise.

I was wrong I am sorry, Native DSD is a thing Its a thing that not many people get to experience because the barrier to entry.

Here is one of my favourite 5.6mhz rips. SuperMax on an EMT 930 broadcast machine and Korg DS-DAC-10R

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5457608

Attached: z2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

>rutracker
>ru tracker
>ru
yeah, no thanks for the russian nigger botnet
5.6 DSD is a meme, especially through earbuds

Attached: 230464_6966362839_2242_n.jpg (453x604, 51K)

>overstock.com/Electronics/Vizio-SB3820-C6-38-2.0-Sound-Bar-with-Integrated-Deep-Bass-Modules/9814406/product.html
I don't see an "additional selections" at the bottom, and I don't see the SB3651-E6B.

I'm actually not sure I want it anyway. I'm not sure the sound will be good enough...

But I'm having trouble figuring out how to do a better 5.1 set up for my PC that doesn't cost more than like $300.

>my cables are raised for a higher sound quality! Also who needs a subwoofer!

Attached: just.jpg (698x768, 125K)

>russian nigger botnet
its actually the words premier lossless music archive since what.cd got shut down
>5.6 DSD is a meme, especially through earbuds
No way pal, If anything i notice it more through earbuds (Tin audio T2) than in a room with Speakers where 70% of what you hear are artificial reflections from the walls and floor.

If you are being analytical earbuds and headphones are where its at: they are just so revealing. Funny how all those codec / bit-rate listening ABX test are always done in a room with speakers.

Anyways im not here for an argument. I have been into hifi my whole life. Been into 24bit hi-res PCM for over a decade. I have a 4tb Library. I thought DSD was a total meme. I finally got to experience NATIVE DSD: not a PCM transcode and HOLY SHIT. I was wrong. there is something special here.

p.s 2.8mhz SACD iso i have are almost always lackluster I dont know why this is.

Attached: ohyeah.gif (320x232, 1.14M)

Begone, Vlad.

up yours cunty

t. Australian

companion 2 series iii

because sonos is easy to set up and doesnt clash

Attached: Sonos-Home-Theater.jpg (978x511, 80K)

>Who else here has fully Embraced DSD and realised they were wrong ?
So you fully embraced DSD -- and realized you were wrong ...because its successor came out.
The problem is, if I explain how this is complete nonsense, you'll learn from it and get better at fooling people.

>Anyways im not here for an argument
That's right, you're here to proselytize. Let's skip to the chase: explain how DSD (hell, any DSD) skirts around Superposition. If you don't know what that is (or what it has to do with audio), then either you're a shill or have been fooled by one.

>where 70% of what you hear are artificial reflections from the walls and floor.
Yes in a total shit set up with no acoustic treatment or thought taken in positioning, the opposite of a hi-fi enthusiast.

> Funny how all those codec / bit-rate listening ABX test are always done in a room with speakers.
Because nice speakers/studio monitors in an acoustically treated or designed room will blow the doors off headphones. Getting that proper 'stereo image' where it sounds like there's an invisible middle channel, is an incredible experience.

Attached: basicroomtreatment.jpg (1024x837, 432K)

>BOSE
>Buy
>Other
>Sound
>Equipment

>not knowing better

Ok I'm that guy. And I'll take the bait.

But first you explain to me what DSD is I fucking dare you.

*spoiler* it's not a numbers game it a whole new modulation scheme. Let that sink in. Like FM vs AM. It's modulating the digital data stream with an anologue waveform. There is no quantitization or decimation involved you complete and utter brainlet plebeian. But please do go on.

Oh and by the way what is this DSD successor you speak about ? Please go on with your dribble.

Do you know how a DA converter works?

I have the LSR305 and thinking of adding the LSR310S. I've read some good reviews and also that it pairs well with the 305. But are there better options at the 350EUR mark?

We haven't had enough audiophile memes as of late, so let's keep this going.
Post more DSD wankery.

Are you for real? Do you buy the magic crystals and the 300 kilo speaker cables too?

Hi-fi "enthusiasts" should be sent to a death camp, and get gassed if they cannot pass an A/B listening test between a $500 setup and a $20,000 one.

>Do you buy the magic crystals and the 300 kilo speaker cables too?

I guess if you equate room treatment and physics to fucking snake oil.

Attached: decay-time-before-after-w620.jpg (620x391, 40K)

RED is doing fantastically if you haven't joined already.

are you on sna?

External active bi amp when one of these die?

Attached: Emotiva STEALTH 8.png (850x638, 419K)

Shitty quality and overpaying for garbage.

how bad is xduoo x2 compared to x3?

So my jbl lsr305's have arrived.

I'm using my topping d30 dac which is connected to my magni 3 amp. The magni 3 has left+right output for speakers, so I hooked up both speakers from there.

They're not working at all. I can't get them to make a sound with my devices vis optical or usb to my pc.. Am I a fucking idiot? I was under the impression that this would work.

This is the cable I have plugged into my magni 3 output, with a 1/4 jack going into each speaker. I must be doing something wrong here.

Attached: 61A14t2IupL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

Nevermind I left my 1/4 jack in the magni 3 ffs. Carry on :)

Anyone have the KANN? Is it gud?

Yeah, I have the Dual 1226 turntable in too-good-to-use-it nick.
Will get replaced with a Denon DP300f and M2 Red cartridge soon.

rate my setup

Attached: logi.jpg (2576x1200, 176K)

already asked this here, but didn't really get any good answers imho,

what would be some audiophily portable (small) speakers, g/ ?

its okay

Attached: 231067_6826002839_2259_n.jpg (604x453, 40K)

When you are older, you can lose the low frequencies?

portable, like, self-powered, or portable and passive?

if the latter, you mean the ProAc Tablette
10x9x6

Attached: 247279.jpg (600x400, 44K)

LSR305 + the sub if it's in your price range

were you dissatisfied with the bose sound, and how much did you want to spend?

interesting convo

Attached: 217425_5403932839_291_n.jpg (604x453, 57K)

Attached: vVkoPPU.gif (250x250, 992K)

Is Sonos the new Bose?

sonos had good reviews from Consumer Reports was in the top 2

"Apple released the HomePod, its first-ever smart speaker, on Friday, and Consumer Reports’ secret shoppers bought several of the $350 speakers on the first day of sale so that we could test them in our audio lab. We have not completed our full evaluation, but we do have some early results.

The HomePod is the latest in a new generation of smart speakers that includes the Sonos One, $200, and Google Home Max, $400. These devices are meant to offer instant information and home control, as well as premium sound quality.

And our testers found that Apple’s speaker does deliver very good audio performance, though it’s not the best-sounding wireless speaker in our ratings—or even the best-sounding smart speaker."

Attached: CR-Electronics-Inline-Apple-Homepod-Testing-02-18-4.jpg (770x400, 29K)

>If you are being analytical earbuds and headphones are where its at: they are just so revealing.

you should try some higher tier speakers

its consumer tier

most consumers can't deal with technical demands; thus Apple Computer Co

pic not really related

Attached: 1528941759393.jpg (1080x1080, 235K)

Yep, but desu who can't put a few cables together and connect their phone with am auxiliary cable, people still use those right, r-r-right?

"oh honey the manual says to plug the cable into the red thingey"

Attached: denon5805receiverrear.jpg (1024x636, 76K)

DSD has more problems with jitter and synchrony

Attached: jitter-errors.jpg (695x436, 90K)

Normalfags practically require bluetooth now, which isn't so bad as now modern receivers support bluetooth, which is nice if you want to let a friend play something off their phone on your system

anyone else fell for the vinyl meme?

i'm trying to figure out if replacing my current tt (Pro-Ject Debut III) with a Technics 1200 is a downgrade or upgrade

what's the best modern receiver out there for vinyl? i've heard good things about the Yamaha RS700

As someone who has had bi-amped ribbon tweeter bookshelf's with 24bit digital crossovers and room equalizers for a decade i say go for it. Its pretty fucking special.

HOLOGRAPHIC

Attached: Digital CX .jpg (3264x2448, 1.79M)

>replacing a belt-driven meme turntable with an excellent, direct drive, vintage turntable
upgrade

DSD has more problems with jitter and synchrony

I dont give a shit - it sounds more analogue than PCM and as far as i am concerned can finally mirror the real output of my vinyl and tape machines

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5574522

t. TEAC X-7 owner

Anyone have experience with Klipsch? I'm new into audio, but want to start somewhere nice.

i can help you out bro i started out with project carbon debut + grado and ended up with a technics 1210mk5g + RB1000 arm + AT44 MC

if you go that far you gotta get a separate phono stage. Buying a reciever just for a phono is retarded.

Here is a flat transfer i did with it(no phono).. Have a listen

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5427719

Attached: max_digitisation.jpg (640x853, 136K)

Stop being such an edgy teen.

how about you stop being such a COLOSSAL FAGGOT

t. TEAC X7 owner

Attached: IMG_5213.jpg (3264x2448, 1.43M)

>he keeps his audio gear and old cell phones on the same shelf as his fireworks

t. PADCO cork blotter owner

Attached: 001218_721541.jpg (800x562, 201K)

> fireorks

its actually an empty box of "avocados "

you seriously need to stop posting now

>>he keeps his audio gear and old cell phones on the same shelf as his avocados

t. LIPTON PURE black tea owner

Attached: 4a16fd3175979ea1aea96b9499e21639.jpg (2272x1704, 578K)

What is the Occult Mastermind of speakers?

Attached: 1528702493879.jpg (852x480, 21K)

is there a cheaper alternative to UMIK-1? I want to do some basic room correction but I'm cheap as fuck

I just route my audio through DAW and use a vinyl effect. Gets me that authentic analog sound, love those clicks and pops, closest thing to real music I've ever heard.

Attached: vinal.jpg (248x224, 13K)

maybe the Magnat plasma

UMM-6? Unhelpfully, Parts Express, where it is cheapest, is not expected to have it back in stock for a bit. If you don't already have phantom power for cheap, then there aren't going to be many cheaper solutions new.
In any case, you can only effectively correct for the room in the bass region, normally below 200Hz. Above that, into the low mids, is getting into the speaker itself, and less the room.

>mfw the vinyl kicks in

Attached: d.jpg (1362x768, 62K)

what DAW do you use

I think this is the wrong place to ask because it seems like pseudo-hipster autistic audiophile central and people LARPing as such, but any of you basshead enough to recommend me a very good ~10" sub under ~$400 (for drum & bass and other bass music mostly)

It's a lot better than consumer tier. The fundamental problem with home theatre audio is that no one sets up a 5.1 system correctly and 90% of users just have stereo coming out of their TV. Everyone who makes TV and Film essentially doesn't give a shit about the stereo mix, everything is about the 5.1 (or 7.1 or Atmos) mix and specifically the positioning of sound (dialog in the center) is used to add clarity while having a lot of FX and music. Sonos lets people who have zero technical know how have a an LCR setup with no hassle, it represents a 5.1 mix well either with play ones as surrounds and a sub or without and it does it for very little money compared to a even half decent 5.1 rig with a half decent tuner. It does all of this without any extra gear besides itself and with multi room integration controlled from your phone.

It's great until you are willing to build a dedicated home theatre setup in a dedicated room.

new or used?
US or abroad?

new and preferrably available in Canada, shipping a sub even from the US and paying duty would probably suck a lot

Used In Canadian dollars:
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649443228-focal-sub300p-11-powered-subwoofer/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649437413-tannoy-10-ps110-subwoofer/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649411832-klipsch-ksw10-10inch-225watt-subwoofer-black/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649440135-dali-fazon-sub1-gloss-piano-black-excellent-condition-demo-with-warranty/

there's also jbl and klipsch in that price range, new, but not as refined
if you just want bass and not necessarily accuracy, then jbl and klipsch are cheaper
higher end brands like Rel are $600-$1000
new items will be about 50 to 100 percent more than what is shown above
8" models will be cheaper but won't be real subwoofers, just thumpy

Attached: 1524607953134.jpg (1600x900, 1.16M)

Those look nice, but dropping 500+ for a 2.1 setup is a bit too much for me. My budgets probably around $200.

The bose sounded alright, but the bass was pretty nonexistent, although i guess getting a subwoofer would remedy that. Just wanted something better in general.

Don't mind me. Just put a 512gb nvme drive in my MacBook Air. I just filled it up with 5.6mhz DSD and are playing it through my new DAC on the bike track while watching the moon set.

This lads is how you /ag/

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.58M)

absolutely plebeian