Ready to pay Pajeet every second you use a CPU?

In the future you won't own your computer or control access to your data.

It will all run on Pajeet's cloud, and he will charge you for it every second.

Attached: per-second-billing.png (625x603, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalxpress.com/news/2018-06-iq-scores-1970s.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_license
redhat.com/en/store/linux-platforms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fortunately we have other options than MS.

the day I can’t pirate windows I’m going full Linux. no problem I’ve been using it since slackware 1.0

and i'll just buy a macbook and continue onwards

won't work for MS, it's tech families and small companies buying office 365, families mainly for the storage and skype calls

no one's gonna buy a laptop that you pay for windows monthly

They had to give away windows to get any decent amount of adoption, there is no way it goes SaaS, the only reason Office works with that model is because of the availability of windows.

ANSYS, Unity, OnShape, SolidWorks, Photoshop, Cinema 4D

Didn't they already start doing that with Windows Server?

don't use it wowwwww so hard

I don't even have windows as a secondary os m8, the second you stop playing vidja you'll find few if any use for windows. now that seemingly everything is an in-browser app, windows doesn't even have "its 4 bizniss" to prop itself up.

>office as a service
hasn't happened
>windows as a service
hasn't happened
>cpu as a service
they don't own or manufacture the cpu's?

>letting rakesh take over a tech company

Who did this?

Attached: macroshat.jpg (718x381, 69K)

Computers are becoming less and less relevant, phones and other dumb shit won

>office as a service
office 365
>cpu as a service
azure

You say it like its a bad thing. Right now I pay intel for my cpu even when its turned off.

>per second billing

How does this work on anything not connected to the botnet?

Jow Forums will find a way around it anyway, even if they do implement it

Since when was MSFT 'pajeet'?

EU won't allow it.

they are building 5G with remote computing as a feature
source - work in the industry

you need to elaborate, brainlet

3D studio max is one of the main things keeping me on windows and no don’t suggest that autistic abortion of an interface that is blender.

always been.

>SUPER POOER BY 2020!

>In the future you won't own your computer or control access to your data.
Why don't you come here nigger and fucking make me?
Don't decide what I will own or not.

>windows
>not connected to the botnet

>In the future you won't own your computer
I already own a computer

>missing the forest for the tree

You know you don't have to use Windows, right?

lol. Every tech related regulation the EU has put in effect or is in the pipeline does nothing but empower large American businesses. Stop deluding yourself otherwise.

>In the future you won't own your computer or control access to your data.
So basically what is going on now with windows?

Why not get Autodesk Maya? It has Linux support

Lmao. I guess MS really wants to help Apple get back their lost market share from the 1990's. I will never ever have a subscription model on my OS.

I don't own my phone now, how different can be?

Only Americans ever used those crappy old Apple computers.

I'm currently using win7. Once this computer dies and i'm forced to buy new hardware (and therefor "upgrade" to a higher winblows) then i'm probably gonna go lunix or make a hackintosh.

And in the early 1990's Americans were buying the vast majority of global home PC sales. Your point?

My point is that Americans are retards.

Why not move now? Linux and BSD is comfy once you've mastered it, but it can take a while.

>everybody in my irrelevant country was too poor to afford a computer.
>Americans are the retarded ones

Thanks for sharing. Hope it felt good to say that. I don't have any opinion about the people where you live because wherever it may be it is a place of little consequence.

Yet you're planning on buying a laptop in which the cost itself is a consumer's suicide compared to the specs and what you'd get if you were a non meme PC/laptop

Google and Amazon are already doing this but they're so slick about it, most normies don't even realize it.

I think his point is he'd be ok spending a few hundred dollars to not get subscription fee'd to death and not support that business model.

what's the alternative retard

I might at some point, right now i have too much stuff going on with work.

There were computers that were vastly superior to Apple's rubbish that were less expensive even in 1977.

Getting so sick of computers and technology.

Now every piece of news is bad news.

Attached: 1512446461872.jpg (640x640, 75K)

Yep and I remember when every single one of them had a consistent pipeline of people because it was largely available and young people could play with it before they could afford it. Photoshop died for me the minute they went full on cloud retard. I replaced it with Gimp (free) and I paid for sketch app (because I respect people who make great software that simply works that you can own).

Microsoft Office coincidentally died for me the minute it went Cloud retarded. No one simply gives a fuck about Office anymore outside of enterprise. Word processors are drop dead easy and the more advanced features cheesy in an age with a short attention span. Most shit is on the web not in documents.

Photoshop is big among professionals who have revenue to afford it. Otherwise, people seek alternatives.

The cloud era was literally talked about behind closed doors as a way to get dumbasses to perpetually lease shit (re-occurring revenue) and data collection. If you fall for this shit, you're a fucking brainlet especially when there are alternatives.

Windows is used by me exclusively for gaming. I'm typing on a mac laptop and I code on a Linux machine.

For addicted plebs who can't unglue themselves from their mobile screen when they should be taking in the world around them maybe... which is why :
> medicalxpress.com/news/2018-06-iq-scores-1970s.html

For the intellect, computers still rule.
It's funny though how the masses became addicted while the 'nerds' they used to poke fun of know how to disconnect.

Agreed.
Meanwhile, Free OS updates from Apple.
No botnet and one of the best overall experiences I have when using a computer.

>It's funny though how the masses became addicted while the 'nerds' they used to poke fun of know how to disconnect.
But the same things apply to computers. How many people have offline computers, or only single task for hours on end? Exactly. Stop thinking you're superior because you have a keyboard instead of a touchscreen when the same issues affect both.

>gaming

Attached: 1527089663859.gif (680x315, 120K)

>Windows is used by me exclusively for gaming

Congratulations on escaping the bot-

>I'm typing on a mac laptop

net...

See : Indeed. There's a difference between a perpetual lease and owning something. I bought sketchapp and own it for life. Can't do that for photoshop anymore. Somethings are worth owning. Certain Software rarely goes through world changing phases. Microsoft Word 97 is just as effective as the shit that's sold today. When you own it, you get to dictate the decision as to whether or not new features are worth it. When you don't you're just along the ride for fuckery.

Google's apps are free beyond the data collection. Microsoft botnets you + charges you a monthly fee.

You don't own Sketch or M$ Word '97. To own it you must have the four freedoms of free software.The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose. The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish. Access to the source code is a precondition for this. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor. The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others. By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

>children who grew up eating a lot of fish tended to have higher IQs
/sci/ is going to have a field day with this shit
brb gonna ask mommy for some fish tonight

It's not surprising that subtleties are lost on you so let me explain. My computer sits in a room. I use it for a purpose. I largely single task on it for hours because I ensure I have a purpose when i do something. When I am done with it, I walk away from it and it doesn't exist. The web doesn't exist. I am not locked into a walled garden like most mobile OS/App ecosystems. I choose freely what I want on my computer and how I want to use it. When I am mobile, the whole point is for me to be engaged in the world and people and things away from my computer. My phone's text message feature is muted. I don't have any social media apps on my phone nor do I use them on my desktop computer. My phone provides GPS-maps/restaurant lookups/and allows me to retrieve information on the go if I need it. I get to people when I feel like it because nothing is so urgent that it requires immediate communication.

I don't have ADHD. I haven't allowed technology to dominate my life such that it alters my cognition and IQ. I am not anything like the brainlets glued to mobile devices doing inane shit on the web and no the average Jow Forums discussion looks nothing like the kind of shit that occurs on social media/plebbit echo chambers. Here there is free and unbounded discourse and your views are regularly challenged which is what I'm doing to your viewpoint now. This enhances IQ. Walled garden echo chambers diminish it.

I hope you enjoyed the lesson.

> install windows
> install steam
> play games
> Do nothing else on the machine
Wew, microsoft's got me cornered
> mac botnet
Cool story. They have some of the best privacy norms in the industry.

> You don't own Sketch
I actually do as I purchased a permanent license.
> M$ Word '97
Same goes for this.

> The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
That's exactly what I do
> The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish
This is not a freedom. This goes beyond usage and into modification. Modification requires access to source code something I do not believe a person should have UNLESS GRANTED because this is where nigger tier shit begins like IP theft and other such faggotry.
> Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
One that is conditional and a privilege not a right as reasoned by IP theft.
> The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
Something I can do w/ a license key
> The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others.
Nigger do you know what licensing tiers are?
> By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
Yeah buddy, not everything is open source unrestricted free-ware. People need to make a living doing this shit. Life isn't some giant fucking hack-a-thon that gets exploited by for profit business as some NEET gets to rejoice that he gets to add a widget to a software project that cost people their lives to make.

Garbage in Garbage out.
If you spend your life in echo chambers and glued to mobile devices in echo chambers which are filled with Garbage your brain turns to mush.

Any person w/ a brain knows this but now you need million dollar studies to confirm it.

This is the most American post I've ever read.

>I actually do as I purchased a permanent license.
You have a license to use it. You do not own it. Big difference.

>This goes beyond usage and into modification
If you bought a car and you were told you could not modify it in any way would you believe you owned it? Do you think that a company should be allowed to dictate how you use your property?
>open source unrestricted free-ware
Freeware is not free software. Freeware is proprietary software that is gratis.

I've noticed that many don't understand this. The movie theater is the place that really shows off just how bad it is.

>Ready to pay Pajeet every second you use a CPU
I don't use Microsoft products so no need to prepare.

I don't think you understand what that means. It means they give you a system only powerful enough to connect to a better system over the net. This system runs on a metered subscription, and without it your box is worthless. Unless you somehow manage to hack their servers or run your own, there is no workaround.

Yeah well, don't forget normalfags are the majority here and they have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to things like corporate overreach. Combine that with their unwillingness to give up on even a tiny bit of convenience and you have the perfect environment to introduce Windows as a Service. Just push it as an automatic update.
And you're wrong, it worked with Office because MS Office is the absolute best office suite there is. You can lie to yourself that LibreOffice, WPS Botnet or Google Docs does everything you want but it still wouldn't change the fact that MS Office is the gold standard and the objectively best alternative to it is like comparing a slightly stale ham sandwich to a $1000 lobster.

Wait until they stop selling them to the masses and your system kicks the bucket. If it doesn't happen fast enough, the Jews will just hit the hardware kill switch.

What are you fucking 10?
> You have a license to use it
That's what a USERS license is dumbass.
> You do not own it.
I own it as USER. I don't own it for :
> Modification
> fuckery
> IP theft
I own it to use it as it was written and intended.
> Big difference.
One you clearly have no grounded conception of.
Do you literally think something that takes a 1000 full time developers 5 years to make should be given to you in its entirety to do as you please complete w/ source code because you paid them $80 for a fucking license? What are you retarded? You really think past the first copy being sold whose source code would immediately be put online allowing fags such as yourself to run off and use it w/o paying, there would be revenue? Are you really this stupid?

Retards exist everywhere. Not just where TV and Reddit says they do.

>I own it as USER. I don't own it for :
>> Modification
>> fuckery
>> IP theft
In other words, you don't own it at all.

>Do you literally think something that takes a 1000 full time developers 5 years to make should be given to you in its entirety to do as you please complete w/ source code because you paid them $80 for a fucking license?
Irrelevant. I'm not commenting on the business practices involved. But you still don't own it.

>Download Arch linux
>Don't own it only have GNU/License to use it
WOWEEE

Garbage in, Garbage out.
I you're stupid, you'll spend your life in echo chambers and glued to mobile devices in echo chambers which are filled with Garbage that your brain desires.

Any person w/ a brain knows this but now you need million dollar studies to confirm it. Ain't nobody forcing Garbage on you.

Attached: 1464589237945.jpg (460x306, 18K)

>I can't afford it because I'm a fucking poor loser (and a virgin) so it's a meme

Sent from my MBP.

> If you bought a car and you were told you could not modify it in any way would you believe you owned it?
Completely different concept. One that simple minded brainlets don't understand. HARDWARE IS NOT SOFTWARE. Hardware especially something as complex as a vehicle requires billions of dollars worth of equipment to make and replicate. You're welcome to do whatever the fuck you want w/ it after you buy it because as a USER there's really nothing you can do that would harm the revenue potential of the company who sold it to you. YOU CANNOT APPLY THIS TO SOFTWARE because the minute you are granted source code ACCESS you immediately can destroy REVENUE potential for any future production of the product.. DUMBFUCK
> Do you think that a company should be allowed to dictate how you use your property?
A USERS LICENSE IS A USERS LICENSE
A DEVELOPERS LICENSE IS A DEVELOPERS LICENSE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_license
There's a spectrum of licenses even w/ open source software because dipshit, once the cat is out of the bag a person can significantly hinder the producer's capacity to function.

> Freeware is not free software. Freeware is proprietary software that is gratis.
While you rail on about mystical utopias, there's a real and practical world that escapes you. If you think the world and everyone in it has the intentions in mind you have, you're never going to get anywhere. While you would love to access the source code of something that costs billions of dollars to make so you can add a stupid ass widget, an enterprising individual would use that same opportunity to bankrupt that company and throw your whole idea of utopia into the trash. It seems some people really are as naive as you to think you can apply the models that apply to hardware to software where IP theft is rampant and easy.

>windows
>microsoft controls it you only have a very limited use of it from what we say
>arch and and fact any GNU
>YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS TO THE WHOLE FUCKING THING JUST PLS SHARE CODE K
Dumb kids.

>While you would love to access the source code of something that costs billions of dollars to make so you can add a stupid ass widget, an enterprising individual would use that same opportunity to bankrupt that company and throw your whole idea of utopia into the trash.
And yet somehow neither Red Had nor Canonical is bankrupt yet. Maybe you're just retarded.

MS Office is central to OLD enterprise because enterprise loves legacy and it has a legacy of worthless documents no one reads in pretty exclusive formats that makes worthless shit appear apt for a bonus and paycheck.

In new enterprise, people regularly experiment with new approaches and prefer their information to be in formats and repositories that can be intelligently searched. In this arena, there are a whole slew of new and fresh applications for document production and management.

MS Office :
> Word : Formatted text.. there a tons of ways to format text. Bold/italics, size differences, underline, and highlight are about 90% of what you need. Premium word is useless in this regard and the premium adds nothing but distraction and noise.
> Excel : Numbers and data formatting for the geriatric who still doesn't know what data scientists are and the new formats and presentation arrangements for numbers
> Powerpoint : the bane of anyone's existence. I wonder how much shit people retain from these things. Anywho, hundreds of apps that do the same shit for far less

MS Office is the gold standard for relics of industry. elsewhere, people use far more sensible alternatives.

t. Rajesh Poojeet

>YOU CANNOT APPLY THIS TO SOFTWARE because the minute you are granted source code ACCESS you immediately can destroy REVENUE potential for any future production of the product
And that's why RedHat is not a billion dollar company... oh wait!
Almost fell for your trick, Aaron Goldberg!

if it ever gets that bad i will just turn off the computer and go outside. at this point in my life i only really use this thing to play a couple of games. i went and got a second degree because i could see the IT industry was going to shit back in 2012. so glad i got out of it and i work in a totally unrelated field to where IT asset will never be my problem .

> Ignores the fucking fact that no software would be written in his suggested fantasy because no one would be able to make money from it
> Repeats fantasy
Delusion is strong among brainlets who don't grasp how the real world works. Keep railing on until you're old and crusty about owning someone else's hard work for peanuts or free.

> The real world and paying bills from the money you make doing work is irrelevant
> mfw a fucking NEET declares himself

> some of the poorest fags on earth who dedicate their lives to producing valuable shit that others then profit from
You're making my point. You're essentially saying everyone who writes software should be some poor fag who spends every waking moment churning out code so that some business fag can leverage it to make money.
> muh license and chit

>buy a monitor
>I dont own it because they didnt give me the source code for each microcontroller inside the monitor.

>I haven't allowed technology to dominate my life such that it alters my cognition and IQ.
Spoilers: everything effects your cognition and IQ.
t. neuroplasticity

Expect this soon 'S mode' is perfect for preventing applications like kmspico from running.

Words don't change their meaning no matter how much you bitch and whine. Just kill yourself retard.

> Goes for the Redhat card
I was hoping you'd do something this stupid.
> redhat.com/en/store/linux-platforms
$49 -> $15,000
Wew lad. Seems someone needs to eat.

I think you're missing something here brainlet.
Redhat is an ENTERPRISE solution.
It is made complicated enough so as to necessitate support contracts that keeps the lights on. Redhat didn't create linux.
Yet they are leveraging something that was COMPLETELY FREE and open source to make money. Does redhat pay royalties to the 400lb hacker contributing half his life and time to kernel dev code commits that they leverage? No but they are willing to sell you hefty support contracts to try to make sense of it all.

In a number of cases, Redhat costs more than windows.
You're in effect making my point but are too much of a dweeb to see it.. When something is complicated as fuck and you know your revenue potential wont be harmed by giving it away, you do just that. When something is a lot less complex because you spent tons of resources making it easy to use and your revenue potential would be several harmed giving it away : YOU DON'T.

Meanwhile there's you thinking the world functions on kindness. No nigger. If you're dumb enough to give something away for free that can be easily replicated and leveraged for profit that's exactly what someone will do and not give you shit for it which is why the majority of people don't do this in software. If people had any sense, they wouldn't do what you suggest but the nerd loves giving his shit away for free which is why they stay poor and the business joke who does fuck all stays rich.

See dumbass and its obvious you have no understanding of business and/or how/why Redhat makes money from licensing that costs more in a number of cases than windows.

> mfw you can never win with poor tendy eating neets who spend all of their time writing code and publishing it on github
> Garbage and Garbage based activities effects it as you'd expect it to which is why you dont for instance consume garbage
> tfw fact of life and nature
Delusions don't impact reality which is why you're the one bitching and whining about a delusional world that will never exists so long as you don't want to become a 400lb dweeb sitting in mum's basement with the world's largest github repository crying about how everyone should just give their source code away for free.

Your backpedaling so fast that it's a wonder your ass hasn't caught on fire. Seriously, just kill yourself already.

>Delusions don't impact reality which is why you're the one bitching and whining about a delusional world that will never exists so long as you don't want to become a 400lb dweeb sitting in mum's basement with the world's largest github repository crying about how everyone should just give their source code away for free.
Except I'm not doing any of that, you retarded piece of shit. I'm just pointing out that having a license to use software isn't the same as owning it.

> I have no defense to a single thing you said and now have reinforced. So, here's my meme reply so I can pretend I won
I know you don't. Now you can see yourself out.

It's just not worth arguing with you, since you're clearly suffering from brain damage.

So essentially you're just running your mouth about something you don't understand, an ecosystem you can't perceive, business practices you haven't the slightest clue about, licensing structures and strategies that ensure revenue potential is secure [which essentially is 'CLOSED' for all intents purposes], enterprise software and features that no pleb has any desire for anyway, complexities (sometimes purposeful) which ensures revenue will be received, a billion dollar business built upon the leveraging of a free and open source product that someone else wrote while paying no royalties to them [proving my point].

> I'm just pointing out that having a license to use software isn't the same as owning it.
You're ironically proving my point.
YOU typically NEVER "OWN" SHIT in software if you know how to read a fucking license.

> meme reply #2
The only person who suffers from brain damage is the special type of idiot who continues to REE about an established reality while not having enough brain capacity to perceive why exactly it is the way it is. I understand why some software is closed source and a trade secret. I understand why others are public domain. You're the special needs kid who thinks everything can be public domain and owned by a user who did fuck all to contribute to it.

>So essentially you're just running your mouth about something you don't understand
I'm not talking about the ecosystem, I'm not talking about the business practices, and I'm not talking about strategies. I'm talking about the difference between owning something and having a license to use something. And since you're too stupid to comprehend that, you almost certainly know less than I do about all of the rest of that stuff, anyway.

>dignity as a service
hasn't happened yet

Attached: 96a9ef7b680e10831e246911e4ed6c78efa73f822144e093584f3f1375051d19.png (800x800, 57K)

>empower
It makes the EU the pimp, that's it. GDPR is just like their labor and trade markets, they choose who they allow access to and who they don't. It's really not surprising if you know anything about the EU.

To get back on topic, I'm so glad that you children of GenX will pay for your parents greed. They caused this, not the boomers and not GenY.

How is Jow Forums literally this retarded though?
CPU as a service has been around for a very long time, how do you think Amazon, Google, and Microsoft make any real money?
Windows as a service is already a thing.

Seriously though does anybody on Jow Forums do anything but bait and shitpost?

give away = force install even if user does not want it