So Asus won right?

So Asus won right?

5" full HD screen as your trackpad, acts as a full second display inside windows

So you can have videos there or a chat window. There is also some dedicated UI's for spotify, calculator etc

Attached: asus-zenbook-pro-14-open-hero.jpg (1600x1200, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3ub1SUYfg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Truly based.

Next mbp(or the one after that) will have it and mactoddlers are going to hail it as a best apple invention since notch.

>windows
It's shit m88

>trackpad has the same resolution as the main screen
Laptops are fucking finished kek.

yeah not like apple has has multi touch displays that small before on a device...like a phone mabye

I licked a negro once

It’s good and all but >ram soldered to motherboard

>t. mactoddler

Attached: 1519510888423.jpg (1170x1246, 327K)

How's the Linux support for that?

I'm assuming any OS could be installed.

>shitty Asus trackpad
>made even more shitty to accommodate a display
wow, can't wait. Have any vendors besides Apple actually put some effort into the trackpad yet? It's disgraceful how bad some of them are.

Pretty sure it has a 4k main screen and a 1080p tracked display. So it shouldn't have a problem with resolution scaling.

Nice gimmick, but since it's the only model that supports it, nobody will probably take it seriously with software support and it will become useless.

Also that keyboard is truly macbook tier.

>a Windows OEM trying to do anything creative

Is that a joke? What's the point if you can't even control the OS?

>So you can have videos there or a chat window

Lmao what the fuck? Staring at your trackpad, on a LAPTOP? Are you disabled?

the other concept was more cooler but retarded

2 displays top and bottom

was kinda cool cus you had floating windows below near your on screen kb but lots of issues to work out

this thing is a fucking nightmare.

Oh boy, a gimmick that'll stop working in a year when a Windows update breaks it and Asus can't be fucked to update the drivers

just like how everyone graphics drivers stop working after an update or your mouse

Top Yee

So true and it's a shame that it is.

Asus Taichi anyone?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1624x1125, 215K)

If it’s pressure sensitive and takes Apple Pencil support, with that big of a trackpad size that they debuted on the new MBPs, it would be the best move Apple ever made for their laptop line.

it could finally get rid of that abomination of a touch bar too

The idea of having a second smaller screen is fantastic and I've wanted it for a long while but putting it in place of the trackpad is weird.

The ONLY ones that even come close are the glass touchpads on HP's 2nd/3rd gen EliteBooks (2560p, 8570p etc).

> power button instead of DEL

iSoy fags should be happy.

Attached: gay shit.jpg (858x580, 47K)

Can confirm. Did they get rid of the glass touch pads in the newer 840/850 and zbook? I

nothing wrong with that who the fuck uses the delete key

have to agree with you, its fucking retarded.
the previous trackpad was already a steaming pile of shit, the one in the op is just the icing on the poo cake
>t. zenbook owner who accidentally put the machine in sleep many times before getting slightly used to it

>t. soibook normie
get out

>Jow Forums is actually against this

I'm sorry am i on the right technological advancement board

Attached: zenbookpro23-1.jpg (1600x900, 381K)

casually look down at your trackpad between writing on your laptop a few times
delete your post after noticing how fucking stupid you sound

>never has a tab of something playing in the background
>can change songs without changing active window
>can see things while in games

literally infinite uses but your trash mind thinks you sit there staring at it TOP KEK

>accidentally pause and unpause music player instead of double clicking something in the gui
>having to look at trackpad to use shit
>finding the most cumbersome way of fixing something that was never an issue
this is how retarded you sound

>if it aint broke, fix it till it is
>snsv

Attached: pauses your music.jpg (142x96, 4K)

>playing games on a laptop

>huge powerhog
>temp problems
>costs one anus and a half to change if broken
>liquid spills can ruin it forever

It's looks cool and convenient until you think about the implications of having this shit on your pad.

Technology has a setting trend: Appeal to lazy bastards. Not all advances are pragmatic in nature.

My sides it's gonna be sticky as fuck and died easily. Asus are dumfuck how many are they release fail already?

Is it Intel? Because then no, I would never buy it.

this guy gets it.

>minuscule power usage relative to other parts of the laptop
>screens get hot
>trackpads break a lot
>phone screens are expensive to change at 1080p
>all trackpads are sealed so now this is the only issue
>water gets through glass now

Will they reimburse you for the cost of the OS?

Why does Lenovo have to use those awful keyboards now?

>So you can have videos there or a chat window.
OK, and why would I watch a vid on that tiny screen, when I have a fuckhuge screen just above?
And chat window? Great. how do you chat with either not using your keyboard, because your hands are obsfukating your scrren otherwise, or without reading the others msgs, because you can't see your screen because of your hands.

Sure, its a fun idea and I wouldn't really mind having this second screen, but I sure as hell would not use this as a qualifier to chose this machine over another one.
Especially, since it'll probably will have shitty to no linux support.
Also, no clit, do deal.

They get paid by the malware vendors to install Windows, so you get it cheaper that way.

Because they want to be Apple.

Attached: crapple-5.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

This would be ok if it had a trackpoint clito but it doesn't.

Useless technology.

This is actually the cool part. It's just a display, no gimmicks, so you can use it like a second monitor.

I am going to buy a new laptop. Jow Forums
Currently have an Asus F302la, (i5 5200u 2 core 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 1366x758, no SSD)
Am looking to upgrade to ASUS ZenBook UX430UN (i5 8250U, Nvidia MX150, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD.) Price is ~$1600 AUD
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Brands that I like: ASUS, Gigabyte, Lenovo, Dell
Brands I'd like to avoid: Toshiba, HP, Acer

dell xps 13 if you can stretch the budget

Honestly like the other guy said, the XPS 13. It's a great machine.

Just buy a ThinkPad already.

Why not the Xiaomi laptop?
Or the Huawei one if you care for aesthetics?

Much like how apple revolutionized they keyboard with chicklet keys, they will do the same by eliminating the physical keyboard and making it just a secondary screen with full digital keyboard.

witness their final form

Attached: asusprojectprecog-4.jpg (936x527, 101K)

>and why would I watch a vid on that tiny screen, when I have a fuckhuge screen just above?
I actually play videos on my phone sometimes while using my laptop. This would have been a cool feature to have.

Why the fuck didn't they just use one of those lids that flips or turns and spend the extra money on a better single screen.

>Also, no clit, do deal.
Clit is shit. I want actual trackballs and not this useless abomination.

>Reach for delete key
>Accidently hit the power button
>Computer shuts down
>Lose all my work
>Miss TPS report filing deadline
>Boss fires me
Truly inovative!

>a secondary screen with full digital keyboard.
I'd LOVE that.
I take external keyboard with me anyway. This would just make the laptop better.

nah, they'll probably just stick with the touch bar because you don't have to sacrifice the cursor to use it

Apple bought some key touchpad patents and uses them to ban all others from using the same technology.

This would actually be worth buying. Especially since when docked it would Esentially be just two screens. Meaning that all you need is a dock, mouse, and keyboard. No need for separate monitors.

I am convinced that this is just Asus' way of using open source phone touch manipulation instead of the proprietary minefield that is trackpad tech.

Their current switches are so shit that they honestly might. Atleast then it would be good for something.

>laggy as fuck
>has its own "app store" for whatever reason
>can't use mouse while it's in display mode
>no practical uses
>Jow Forums creams their pants over it because there isn't a single apple logo to be seen
PFFFHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS SOMEHOW EVEN WORSE THAN THE TOUCH BAR HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: phone laugh.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

Maybe, yes.

>use external keyboard
>it's another screen
>use 2nd external keyboard
>you now have 3 screens
>use 3rd external keyboard
>etc. etc.

Set it up in tent mode and two employees can share one computer. Absolute genius. Or as apple marketing would put it. Cola borate on your next song orcustration with your friends. Or write a book while your friend edits it and provides real time notes.

Yeap, you just will have to wait some 10 or 20 years before the drivers of the trackpad are available for linux.

Attached: doctor-consultation-painful-neck.jpg (576x324, 20K)

>don't like default virtual keyboard
>get recommendations from macrumors
>download alternative from itunes
>bundled with a "system booster" because fuck battery life
>musically ads play when not in use
>hear dame tu cosita in your sleep
>typing interrupted with nag to buy full version
>buy full version
>macos update breaks compatibility
>app hasn't been updated in over a year

Kys.

>Earlier at Asus HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3ub1SUYfg

>will do the same by eliminating the physical keyboard and making it just a secondary screen with full digital keyboard.
Well, it'll be not a first time when they stole things and claimed as their own.

Attached: optitact-side.jpg (500x346, 28K)