/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Ask your questions here.

Please first check the Jow Forums wiki for related keywords, and/ or search for an answer using one of the following privacy-respecting search engines (or any other such like them):

searx.neocities.org/
startpage.com/
ddg.gg/lite

Jow Forums wiki:
wiki.installgentoo.com/
Jow Forums sticky: Redirect questions that don't deserve their own thread with Previous thread:

Attached: 0850b626a3c0c552841888df0392796a.png (998x1070, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bF6xembn
github.com/Sebskyo/OneeChan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good job with the OP, OP.

Attached: 1509518748045.png (1366x768, 1.01M)

If my gaming laptop didn't have a thunderbolt three, and the integrated graphics card is some weak low level intel shit that makes the 960m card's 60fps potential stay at 15 frames on a good day, how badly did I fuck up? Is there any external GPU I can use? Is there even a way to get the graphics card to ignore the Intel POS and use the Nvidia one for the display?

is there anyway to have my linux machine to shut off when the internet goes out? Kinda like wake on lan, but the opposite.

Attached: 1491297931510.png (676x1113, 703K)

Are you saying your integrated gpu is bottlenecking your 960m?

Very much so. I didn't realize just what "Integrated graphics" meant at the time of purchase so I ignored the Intel HD Graphics 530 card and just focused on the 960m

I don't think that's how it works dude...
Are you sure you're not stupid?

I ignored the "integrated graphics" part of my purchase and barely researched it until after. It is entirely possible I am that stupid. From what I looked up, all I know is that the 960m processes the picture and the Intel 530 graphics is responsible for displaying what the 960m makes.

No
That's not how it works at all
Sorry I'm phoneposting but
Right click the game you want to run
Select run with graphics processor and select the nvdia card there

Geez. Give me five minutes to boot up the PC and post something.

How do I activate a pirated copy of Windows 10 Pro? Do I just use KMSPico, or is there a better way to do it?

Attached: d98.png (866x1540, 478K)

So right clicking the game file aside, this shit, apparently there's no way to get the Nvidia card to run the display. That's my understanding at least. What am I getting wrong if that's not the case.

Attached: Capture.jpg (807x599, 43K)

Repost:

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x688, 173K)

That's just physx
You can use the hardware and processing power of the card to make physics calculations
That doesn't mean that's all the gpu does
It's still a full fledged gpu like any other

As a person who is not particularly tech savvy, what is the most secure email account one can create, that is free to use?

Ok, thanks for clearing up my autism, so if it's not my card that's slowing down FPS, what else is there? chipset?

What game?
Chances are you're not actually running it with the nvidia gpu but the intel one
That's why I told you to do
Run the game
Open task manager
If you have the latest window 10 update it should tell you GPU-1 or GPU-0 next to the game
0 being intel

I told you the other thread.DONT hide the elements ahead of that.So if you blocked shit in ubo you need to unhide it and not hit that barrier or your css will break

my pc has been locking every now and then for months and i couldn't figure out what was the issue.
today my computer locked up and upon restart my ethernet adaptor is no longer working.
when i pulled out my ethernet cable, my computer black screened and restarted.
is my motherboard kill or is something else?

And I told you in the other thread:
>I don't know shit about CSS.

You dont need to know shit about css, you need to know about if you added any elements to be hidden using ubo or similar addons.

I notice some serious slowdown on MMOs like ESO and WoW, and if there's a high enough enemy or demon count when i'm playing modded out classic DOOM the game shudders for a couple minutes or even freezes, sometimes it's gore load that will do it. Basic shit like Skyrim or fallout even. just tried it with Brutal Doom like you said where I set the program to use the Nvidia card, still stuttered on a 400+ enemy map.

do this

Attached: fdsafsdafsdafa.png (968x389, 39K)

your task manager should look like this

Attached: sfasadfdsafsadfdas.png (1014x222, 26K)

In that case, I didn't. I'm not using anything but the piece of code I linked before.
pastebin.com/bF6xembn

Can confirm it's running on GPU one. Possible I have damaged hardware?Already have it set to run the High Performance as default.

now that Nebukazar fork of Oneechan went the way of the dodo. what to use?

Attached: 27858603_1721781697843005_624233525796692320_n.jpg (500x500, 24K)

theres a cleaner way, using the Microsoft Toolkit you can get it on mydigitallylife forums.

I already activated with KMSPico. Is there any advantage to Microsoft Toolkit?

no.

Anyone can recommend a seedbox?

where do i put the stuff?
how do i recognize if it goes in internal or external

Attached: 1521041714778.jpg (1021x382, 103K)

You could write a script to check if there is a network connection (connected), if not, then shut down.

I got some second hand speakers from my Dad as something to hold me over until I can get something nicer, but they had a faulty wire from the bass speaker/power unit thing to the jack. I managed to fix it using picture related, but I have come across a weird issue that I can't work my head around. When I have all the wires connected up together my right speaker wont work correctly, the sound is very quiet compared to the left and garbled too, but if I disconnect the ground wire and leave the left and right speaker wires connected, the speakers work fine. Obviously this introduced a hum to the speakers because they aren't grounded properly. Anyone know a solution or possible problem that might be happening? Any advice is appreciated.

Attached: R7822876-01.jpg (444x326, 12K)

use this fork. im updating the wiki.
github.com/Sebskyo/OneeChan

Attached: jazzmusic_continues.jpg (750x737, 112K)

what's the usual temps for the xps 13 9360 when using just a browser? i'm getting 55-60c just running firefox.

>R5 1600 reaches 71c in cinebench
is this okay?

EVERY link is 404...

80c or lower is where you want to be for peak temp.If its past 80c you have cooling issues

Have I fucked up? I use this free VPN to browse Jow Forums on my phone and forgot it turned on when I logged into my online banking app. I didn't do anything other than look at my balances and I logged in with my fingerprint, not with text. Am I in the clear? I don't trust these fuckers with banking stuff, especially since it's a free one.

1: Can you transfer all the contents of an HDD, not just the files but also the installed software including the OS, between 2 PCs by swapping the HDD?
2: Can you do the same thing between 2 HDDs, that is copy all of the contents of one HDD to another one and still have a functional OS?
I think my old PC's HDD is failing and I'm curious if I could somehow skip the trouble of having to install everything again on my new PC. I assume I would first have to transfer the files to a new HDD and then connect that to me new PC, but I'm not sure if the OS and everything would still work afterwards.

Yes,though if the hardware is different you may have driver issues.
Yes

Secure against what? Hackers? The feds?

Yeah I was kind of anticipating some hardware compatibility issues but I guess I'll just have to give it a shot. Thanks.

why the fuck do these kikes make their products so goddamn hard to take apart? I just want to clean the sticky triggers on my xbone controller

Attached: nonnie encounters a security hex for the first time.jpg (5312x2988, 2.17M)

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 that I bought in late 2010. I think even at the time, it was a low/mid range camera.

Is the camera on a current mid range phone, specifically, the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018), better than this Lumix from 8 years ago? What about the camera from a flaghsip from a few years ago like the S6 or S7?

is there any website where you can compare old cameras to new phone cameras?

Tampering.Adding in trigger mods,cheat devices etc

that makes sense

just thought maybe the repair industry is profitable for a reason

Trigger mods were very prevalent in the xbox and xbox 360 crowds.Some guys were even caught using trigger mods in mlg tournaments for large cash prizes.

How do I change an optical audio out to 3.5mm jack? My PS4 is hooked up to my PC monitor, where I took the audio output of the monitor to my speakers. But (I think) I'm only getting stereo, I wanna see if I can get to 2.1 channel as well, by taking the optical out straight to my speakers

I'm just starting learning Lisp
Why the fuck pic related gives me NIL instead of showing the numbers?

Also, isn't there some better editor than shitty Emacs? Doesn't Sublime Text work for Lisp?

Attached: what.jpg (671x592, 86K)

Are there any Firefox addons that could work for downloading entire folders like in picrelated?

Attached: folder autism.png (608x563, 39K)

What's the best way to encrypt an external drive?

Attached: doc_2018-03-30_12-36-55.webm (320x320, 208K)

I never knew I wanted this.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_konshin__f578a1fa64caac14593c9db16cd89172.png (579x818, 564K)

There is a way to force "lazy loading" on Jow Forums?

Attached: interro2.png (374x347, 171K)

Where is the fucking option to edit the board list in Jow Forums X?

Since I'm a newfa/g/ and was directed to this thread after starting my own

How do I get past this? Windows updated in sleep mode, completed the update process and got to the Lenovo startup screen, but instead of then taking me to login it does this. And it doesn't stop. Shutting down and turning back on takes me to the same screen

;_; plz help this is bullshit I have projects to work on

Attached: 20180614_055651-1.jpg (2289x2185, 389K)

So your Windows updated and now your computer is trying to come back to before the update?

I guess? I don't know why though, and it doesn't seem like it is able to complete the revert process. It just sits there with the wheel spinning

Try the pressing F2 when the computer is starting or whatever key you have to press to use the options to start with different modes.

what should I do while waiting for 8 days for my phone that I bought online to arrive?

Actually it just now seemed to self restart and correct itself despite taking literally 3 hours with that bullshit screen. Fuckin relieved but thanks for being willing to help

Did the recent Windows 10 update brick anyone's keyboards? I have a Gskill mechanical keyboard and it stopped working until I updated the firmware.

I have spyware enabled on my computer and I don't know how to get it off. I downloaded AdwCleaner and it keeps detecting several Pup.optional legacy. Adware. pokki and Adware. Agent threats. I removed them and I reformatted my entire pc twice and then I re downloaded Adwcleaner and it finds the same threats. What am I doing wrong?

What is this? Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-14 15-17-00.png (1312x668, 122K)

how long until this shit dies?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (527x119, 33K)

Malware for sure.

What's the absolute cheapest used MacBook I should even consider buying? They're mandatory for my design class, and to be honest my T420 chokes in Adobe programs and has godawful colors.

pls respond

"not affiliated with thepiratebay.org"
What do you think, lad.

I'm starting to pull my hair out over this. This is my first time using mpd+ncmpcpp and I can't seem to get it to work properly. After following many different guides over and over again and trying out tons of "fixes" I'm still in the same situation, when loaded ncmpcpp doesn't show any music, everything else seems to be working though. Updating the playlist with U doesn't work and I've edited the configs multiple times to try to get it to work with my music directory. I don't know what else to do now. Can anyone help me?

is xduoo x2 good?

How do i get started in hacking ?

So Jow Forums-X under TamperMonkey isn't working at all right now. I heard the beta version works so I installed that, but it's not working for me either. Is there any other way to fix this so I can use Jow Forums X again?

The missing elements in question.

Attached: 1515501893734.png (1420x233, 29K)

Nevermind. After months of not seeing the option, I found the button in OneeChan settings.

Its not really stupid but fucking infuriatingly illogical.

I've got a PCI-E WiFi card, a TP-Link one. Couldn't get cable so thats the solution. Been working okay but a few days ago my AIO died and had to switch cooling on CPU. After that for some ungodly reason I had fucking massive ping spikes. Like when I ping my router it goes 1-3ms for a few iterations thena massive 300-500ms one comes and then back to 1-3ms. Tried messing around with the router, changing to less used channels, switching to 20Mhz from 40 and it did nothing. Fucked around with the network driver and that didnt help either. Windows 8.1 usually puts some bullshit quallcom driver by default and it worked for a while, then started noticing these glitches and switched to its meant to be driver and solved it. Now using either of them has no effect on the spikes.
Yesterday got fucking mid game so I tore apart the case and switched the card from its PCI-E 1x to a PCI-E 16x slot and turned the pc back on. Then it showed me 2 connected wifi cards, one of them which is not responding, the other with the quallcom driver. Changed driver to tp-link and it worked. Now this very morning I turn on the pc and its fucked. Again. With massive ping spikes.

What the fuck is this?

Attached: 1528750646883.png (568x454, 367K)

I would order a replacement today if you haven't.

so my dad uses a program called viber to send messages to people, but ever since a month ago it's just been freezing every minute or so and wouldn't unfreeze for several minutes. i tried running a virus scan, nothing. i tried reinstalling windows 10, and installing *nothing* except for viber, still freezes. i figured it was a hardware issue and so he got a new pc (we were going to get a new pc anyway), installed windows 10, installed viber, and even on a fresh piece of hardware and a fresh install of windows 10, viber still freezes.
i figured viber just made a piece of shit software, but viber actually works perfectly on my and everyone elses laptop and computer.
so what the hell is going on?

$ sudo apt-get install -y hollywood
$ hollywood

disable all adblockers on Jow Forums, Jow Forums x blocks ads anyway.

what's a good printer that requires as little hassle as printerly possible?
it's for my parents who live a thousand miles away so i can't fix it if/when it breaks down.
preferably from amazon.co.uk

Help, I'm stupid. I need to connect from my server to a server that is behind VPN. Does anybody have some pointers? Do I need to setup vpn on my server? Will that shut down all other traffic on my machine? I'm a real brainlet on this subject, so I may even be asking a wrong questions.

Attached: 1514153071882.png (586x578, 37K)

How many keys can be pressed on a normal keyboard at the same time?

I've had gaming keyboards for so long, I need to buy a new one and I want one cheap, I'm trying to figure out if it will have problems in gaming.

I sent my first bitcoin payment but I didn't realize they don't calculate your transaction fee so i went slightly over my balance by a few pennies. What happens now?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.00.35 AM.png (807x162, 50K)

are there any pics of a female boomer?

Attached: 1502624575434.png (600x800, 797K)

New build from scratch to run gnu/linux with libre graphics drivers only.

amd or nvidia?

>What happens now?
The transaction won't get confirmed.

repostan in hopes I can get some help

I've got a PC Windows Server 2016, and two PCs with Windows 10. Both are connected to a switch, and the server contains software that both computers need to access. This was done before by the "net use" command, but that was back when the old server was still alive and running on Windows Server 2003. I have no idea how to set it up on the current system.

Would greatly appreciate a hand here.

Any idea how long that takes? I've heard some people say 3 days.

Also do I have to leave my computer on the entire time while the transaction is unconfirmed?

help

some extra info, just turned the pc off, pulled the card, put back in and it just werks, thena fter about 20 minutes its fucked again

>Any idea how long that takes?
No idea.

>Also do I have to leave my computer on the entire time while the transaction is unconfirmed?
No. That doesn't make any difference.

Try installing gentoo.

thanks uncle Stillman

depends on the keyboard i suppose
mine allows up to 6 keys at a time

My pc has pc3 ram
Could I use a pc2-4200 with it?
I also have more ram, if I try to use it in my pc and it doesn't work could I cause any damage?

Attached: 1519109883014s.jpg (221x250, 8K)

How dangerous is updating your motherboard's bios?

You have a shitty design class.