Gsync

Are gsync monitors worth buying? I was thinking about buying asus pg278qr. Do people even use gsync in gaming? How does it affect performance? Or should I go with freesync monitor? I'm using 1080 on I7-8700k

Attached: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/stutter#demo=stuttering&foreground=ffffff&background=000000&pps=720
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

high fps monitors are a waste unless your /v/ garbage

lust live with the desync and be an man
(i unironically do this)

No
/thread

no way fucking FAGGOT you can totally tell the diffrence between 30fps and 288hz its loke fucking nite day shit i fuckin pop caps in gta5online and fucking mmmm i feel good. i really do ya know? i like that feeling, that feeling of being dominated, when i bust a round and then i get dominated online and high fps makes it feel better. so much better, i kinda wonder what its like to be dominated in real life.. physically. like just being totally owned by another man, like get rough and be bound and be owned. owned hard. fucki dunno but FPS is what its all about

no, but get it if you got a sugar mama

Well OP....... look at it this way.......... do you want to be apart of the Republic Of Gamers............................................. or are you a plebe without a place where he belongs........................................ just something to think about

>Are gsync monitors worth buying?
up to you, they're generally 50-150$ more. If you play a lot with FPS

Best thing I ever did. I hated screen tearing so much and vsync just wasn't an option. It does have a slight impact on performance, like 4-8% but nothing noticeable.

gsync adds about half as much lag as vsync stock vga lag is like 9ms gsync adds 40 vsync adds 80 or some thing.

both are shit avoid all kinds of sync gsync is a failed technology for its intention no lag no screentearing isn't possible unless you get a CRT.

Is it rrue that it matters less at high fps? Im trying to find a freesynch monitor to go with my vega56 but im worried about freesynch not being over a large enough range. Ideally ips as well

>also sync movies and other media to get rid of judder
When has this ever been an issue?

you're probably just too dumb to notice how horrible panning shots in 24/25fps is on a 60hz computer screen.
testufo.com/stutter#demo=stuttering&foreground=ffffff&background=000000&pps=720

You can do it manually by creating a 48/50hz refresh resolution, but with g-sync you don't have to switch manually.

Freesync is the standard and future-proof. Everybody else than nvidia is using freesync, so you should get that.

>Freesync only works on AMD cards.
Not true. It works on embedded GPUs in Intel and AMD CPUs. It also works in consoles such as the current xbox.
>Also the implementation isn't as good, in some aspects, but that's why it's free.
Baseless FUD. This has been studied ad nauseam, and the result is always the same: g-sync isn't any better than freesync.

>he can't use freesync

Attached: 1521732963300.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>Not true blah blah
OP's not using any of those retard.
>Baseless FUD
Depending on the FS montior you buy it can have a smaller window where FS works, no frame duplication

Attached: 61884.jpg (1280x678, 188K)

you are an idiot cuck btw

I see that AMDrones have arrived, and they'd shilling Freesync.

Listen up, you smelly street shitters, no one wants Freesync because it causes flimmer, jitter and it covers retarded ranges such as 20-30 Hz. Your precious company also refuses to fix three year old Freesync bugs. Now go and neck yourself, AMDrones.

Gsync/Freesync work best at ~60fps, at 120 or higher screen tearing is much less visible. So it won't improve shit that runs easily like CSGO or Fortnite or anything. It's most useful for AAA games with gud graphics.

G-Sync is better than Fresync. Just look at all the threads in the internet about it. G-Sync doesn't support 10bit colour depth however.
>inb4 the whole internet are Nvidia shills.

Yes. I bought a Gsync 4K in 2015 and it was worth it. It will make 50-60 FPS range smoother as it was stable 60 FPS. Exactly the range where you get with shitty GPUs before the 1080 Ti and even the Ti does this range in AAA titles.

If you aim for high FPS it may not be worth it, but most highend gaming monitors have it now.

Gsync shits all over Freesync.

Less issues, works across any range and it feels butter smooth compared to the pile of shit that is called Freesync.