Please help me Jow Forums

I fucked up, I majored in CS while being a brainlet and now i'm fucked. I have one year left and have miraculously cheated my way this far with chegg.

How can I turn this situation around? I get the gist of java and C a little bit but overall im useless, my resume is shit and I'm never going to land an internship. My goal was to do web dev as I enjoyed the html class I took. Front end seems a lot easier than back end and may be my only hope.

Should I just accept my fate of working in shitty retail for the rest of my life ?

Any advice is welcomed.

Attached: iStock_000004898707XSmall-computer-science-major_crop380w_crop380w.jpg (380x250, 134K)

get fucked retard

Attached: 1522205050095.jpg (700x792, 84K)

thank you!

No problem, glad I could be of immense intellectual and philosophical enrichment. Better start looking for a trade to get into lad, electrician isn't too bad.

Attached: IMG_2111.jpg (461x1908, 130K)

We usually get about 10 of these threads a day, usually the best answer is to just kill yourself. It's pretty much futile to fight years of debt when college fails to educate you.

Don't worry, OP. You have to be stupid to work in IT. Just obey and do you pajeet work. And good positions in IT are achieved by rethorical and leading skills, not technical and programming. In fact, those positions don't code at all.

use chapstick. or better yet, lipstick

>We usually get about 10 of these threads a day
ahhh shit im sorry, i don't post here much. main boards are /fa/ and /mu/ (which explains me being a brainlet)

i have to stay alive to spite my enemies. suicide is embarrassing.

>I have one year left and have miraculously cheated my way this far with chegg.
Were all of your classes/tests online?

>I get the gist of java and C a little bit but overall im useless, my resume is shit and I'm never going to land an internship. My goal was to do web dev as I enjoyed the html class I took.
How good are you at HTML? You could try to work on some web based personal projects, mainly front end and a little back end. Then use those projects to land a related internship? I don't know how hard it is to land a job with just personal projects alone.

Just be a gaymer

Attached: image.jpg (1240x1859, 567K)

>Were all of your classes/tests online?

no just an average state school, that didn't try hard enough to detect fraud. I usually paid chegg tutors to make my code undetectable for plagiarism
>How good are you at HTML?
I made a website for one of my classes using html, javascript and css. it just crossed my mind to add it to my resume, i never thought highly of it but something is better than nothing.

I like HTML and im okay at it and could become a lot better with practice

Finish your degree. Then learn a trade. I'm honestly much happier as a mechanic than I was after I had graduated from university.

then get better at it you fucking moron.

what else do you have to do in your time that isn't impregnating an onahole while you skip morning classes sleeping in the basement apartment you dwell in?

you either get gud or be a clerk for life, get a hard look at yourself in the mirror and wake the fuck up, life won't give you that many chances.

i needed to hear this, thank you. is code academy and other online coding camps worth my time? i've been considering it lately

front end is an option, but it's not all html these days. you need to know javascript and some framework like react and angular. javascript is much easier than java and C so you may be better at it. you also need to know "responsive" design. but other than that, front end is a comfy job that pays pretty well (not as well as back end though).

You are fucking stupid. You literally just wasted years of your life spending all day around domain experts, while not paying any attention and you are asking if code academy is any good?

Code academy is literally nothing, absolutely nothing compared to what you could have been getting out of your degree if you had tried. Code Academy won't get you a job, period. It barely teaches anything. All of the free services barely teach you anything.

God I tutor students like you all the time and it pisses me off so fucking much. My state school is actually not that bad, I feel great and learned a lot, but it has a horrible reputation because of all the fucking morons like you that end up with degrees via cheating.

Why did you sign up for a theoretical math major if you're dumb

I hope you fail so fucking hard, I hated every single student that pulled this craps guts. They would always get straight Bs and Cs where they would get 100% on all homework and assignments, and get F's on every exam. Then they would beg for help with assignments.

Oh or worse you get stuck in a group project with one of those dead weight fucks like you that can't even use git, doesn't add a single LOC to the project the entire time. Jesus christ I hope you fuck off and die.

Just realize that all of your fellow classmates are literally me, like I know people exactly like you, and I make nice 'oh hey' comments to their face all the time like we are pals but I secretly just think they are worthless scumbags and I love it when they fail their exams.

This is how everyone around you feels about you secretly. Just remember that next time someone makes banter with you in the hall.

You won't be able to get a job with just basic HTML/Javascript and nothing else. Everybody learns that day one, front end usually means understanding a lot of Javascript frameworks.

with just javascript yo uprobably couldn't even get an unpaid internship muh lad.

lol

oh alright, i have always been interested in UX design and the aesthetic of things i would like to get a nice comfy job focusing on that. most likely hard to come by and is what everyone wants too.
peer pressure, i was afraid to get a humanities degree bc of how they're looked down on
> all of your fellow classmates are literally
>This is how everyone around you feels about you secretly
i don't really talk to or know anyone in my classes so that doesn't matter.

the few group projects i had, either no one knew what they were doing or I stepped up once in a while to finish our project for the week so I don't feel bad.

your feelings are valid, I would agree if with my state school being okay if i didn't constantly catch wind of students talking about how incompetent our professors are. im not taking any of the blame away from my sheer laziness and lack of motivation but what i did learn i taught my self by just looking at the powerpoints most profs read out in class.

good to know, i'll focus on something else

What made you so lazy in the first place? What were you spending your time doing instead of learning?

Genuinely curious.

It's ok OP, at least you're off to a good start in the sense that you admit there's room for improving yourself - most people are either too arrogant or lack the self-insight to know how to better themselves. My advice is to not be overly stressed out about your academics or whatever, and just focus on building up your skills a little bit everyday until you gain the self-confidence you need to get the snowball rolling down the hill.

meme depression

there was a time when CS interested me a lot, I felt so good getting a program to run. Was genuinely excited about my future career in it. But after money trouble and taking a semester off here and there getting back into the academic lifestyle was hard so i resorted to cheating to get by well aware that i was screwing my self over in the end. I just want to finish and get my degree. i've been in school way too long. was suppose to finish in 2016.

yea that's the goal for this summer, i want to brush up on skills but im not sure where to start though and what language is worth dedicating time too. I do have a java text book from when I took data structures/objection orientation. might look into that.

What country/state? Whether you will be able to get a job offhandedly by reading up on Java will depend very very much on your location desu. Like you in NYC or California would have no way in hell of getting a job. You in Kentucky, where there are no programmers at all, can probably get a job with just having "I flipped through the java book" but at the same time, you are going to be getting paid like 30-40k salary, you would probably have more upward mobility working at a factory if you aren't in a major city.

Don't bother reading that book front to back, nobody ever learns to be a good developer that way and you already read enough textbooks in your degree. If you're forcing yourself to learn rather than learn because of a genuine curiosity that you're really interested in, then you're wasting your time.

>im not sure where to start
Side projects and problem solving are your best friends. I always keep these axioms at the back of my mind and it's always helped me.
1. rushed software is always bad software
2. good software always starts from a personal itch
3. if it's a problem that doesn't exist, don't bother
4. if it's a problem that exists which has already been solved, then save yourself the hassle of reinventing the wheel and just use whatever that software is

USA, upstate NY. I'm willingly to move though, I really want to live in or near Portland but that's probably just as hard to find a Job in. My standards are very low, to say I have job related to CS in someway will leave me content. Bonus if the experience from that job is useful for future employment.

I totally feel this, I'm a TA in CS classes at a major university and I do my fucking hardest to catch cheaters and destroy their goal. Fucking people that won't put hour and a half in it takes to learn that days lesson should honestly just become slaves

thanks for the tips
I never was good with textbook learning always used youtube tutorials for school. I don't really have the funds for it now but what about coding bootcamps? I could probably save up after I graduate to enroll in one.

1) start drinking coffee
2) ???
3) oh that's why it's called Java

The US model of education in general is a meme. IMO any education that costs money is a scam, even moreso if the "education" consists of some random dude of dubious merit and knowledge talking to a wall and assigning homework to you. Just for full disclosure though, I have a decent career as a professional software dev in spite of dropping out of my shitty no-name university. I self-learned all my CS fundamentals through perseverance and knowing that I wasn't the hotshot shit that I thought I was in uni, and it was only when I broke out of that cocky mindset that I started being nicer to people instead of the asshole I used to be.

what a beta, can't say it the face but hides behind a computer. Bet you're some greasy fat fuck that everyone thinks is disgusting anyway so your opinion is about useless as your identity.

Stick to anonymity

Yeah like I said earlier before i gave up on learning I self taught through power points. There is no on hands opportunity at my school besides the labs and even then the TAs just show up and throw an assignment in your face while everyone spend the classes googling and stackoverflowing for the answer. It's rough but self teaching is probably my best bet. Wish I knew where to start though. I have decided I want to learn Java, Python and JS.

if it means anything, there is a 90% chance you'd be in exactly the same boat even if you actually did the work and never cheated on your CS major. The vast majority of your tryhard classmates are also useless with programming languages, your classmates likely never got useful internships either, and the only think passing school with flying colors puts on their resume is under the education header.

Good job faggot, you made it. Go to a good boot camp if you actually want to do webdev. They'll usually have job hookups waiting on the other end.

Is the CS field that hard to get into? Jesus christ, why even bother then. Thanks for trying to make me feel better I guess.

>i have to stay alive to spite my enemies. suicide is embarrassing.
Great reason for wanting to work in the software industry btw, I'm sure you're going to be a productive and excellent model citizen for future generations to look up to. Unironically go kys faggot.

I'm going to stay alive just to spite you.

lmao

I think as long as you graduate you can get some job somewhere.

I've only successfully fucked over two cheaters. Both got Fs and had to retake the course lol. It was a course that is a requred bottleneck prereq in sophmore year to unlock the rest of the later coursework. I've never felt so fucking happy to see them get caught. I could tell the story in a long form but I've never told it before so it would take me a minute to type up.

I don't know about other anons, but I'm free all night. Start typing.

Pls deliver greentext user

Attached: listing_Storytime__1.jpg (571x500, 75K)

wow i mean im dumb....but you have to be really dumb to get caught cheating. i just pay indians on chegg to write my shit from scratch. cost about $30 an assignment. worth every penny. Sophomores are still pretty young and naive though I bet they got caught copying off each other or using stackoverflow. rookie mistakes.