/hsg/ - cutover edition

/hsg/ - cutover edition
What are you working on?
Any cool projects or ideas?
Any new server software, services, or tools?

Attached: rack-progress-final.jpg (2000x2667, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2M5iAD3mFJVMN8i8IrOVUNcD5zLaTkUsRo4StwC_klb1Aug/viewform?usp=sf_link
cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/firewalls/index.html#~stickynav=2
ciscopress.com/store/cisco-firepower-threat-defense-ftd-configuration-and-9781587144806
reddit.com/r/ccna/comments/78l2cw/ccna_security_and_firepower/
certcollection.org/forum/topic/290172-firepower-ngfwv-collection/page__st__28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guess I should go first, I threw up a wekan VM a week or so back. A ton of places I work with have been going fucking insane over Agile, and while most of it looks like something designed to give management a reason to exist, the boards themselves looked interesting.

Attached: wekan.png (1678x827, 56K)

Rebuilding from the ground up.

Found a bug in an appliance, and apparently have been running a TOR exit node for the last ~72 hours

So now I'm flattening all the things, because fuck that noise.

Ooph. Sounds rough. Can you say what appliance?

Attached: rack-progress-1.jpg (2000x2667, 1.8M)

Jesus fuck everything in that rack is as old as time.

Gonna build a server running a nas, seedbox and about 6 cameras. With the cpu i figure a hexacore would be a good investment but im not too sure on the gpu side of things. I shouldn't need anything huge for live monitoring right? An igpu or in fact a 2400g should be good right? 1080p

I had one of these in 2005.
I can't imagine why anyone would need/want one today.

Not yet. Waiting for a patch to be completed.

Fucking NDA's.

Lack of meaning in their life

What's the proper way to secure your local network? How do you keep hackers out of sensitive areas?

Why don't 99% of you guys not just get a couple of raspberry Pi's? You literally Don't need a fully utilized server for home use

Not a huge system. Pi does DNS blocking and got a good deal (70 GBP) on the 3020 MT which sports 6 TB + 120 GB SSD boot drive.

Attached: 20180615_014928.jpg (3472x3024, 3.77M)

Air gap it. And no one gives a fuck about you so you won't be jaxled

>You literally Don't need a fully utilized server for home use

Oh, so you know my use case and development cycle better than I do?

Fuck off...

Attached: all-these-flavors-and-you-choose-to-be-salty-meme-19251969.png (500x410, 77K)

>Thinks he as a single person needs the power of a small team
Narcissism

>Oh, so you know my use case
not him but if your use case involves needing 19" telecom racks and servers then you're doing something wrong.
Maybe update your methods from the 90's.

> pi's can do gigabit speeds

>Jesus fuck everything in that rack is as old as time.
Yeah, I don't tend to run the latest shiny. I can get by fine on last-gen stuff for most tasks.

I can't rightly say. It mostly depends on the cameras and the software you're using for monitoring. If the cameras do a lot of the processing work on-board the server doesn't need to be great, but if you're doing zone activity detection shit, it can get taxing. The one I worked with didn't do any GPU processing.

The server rack? To hold my servers. I thought that was obvious.

True.

Don't run out-of-date services on DMZ. Patch your shit. Run a half-way competent firewall ruleset. Most attackers are looking for an easy in. Don't be it.

1. I'm on a 1Gbps pipe. A Pi couldn't even us 1/10th of what I have.
2. My VMWare system is usually burning 15GB of RAM when I'm NOT running something lab related like CallManager.
3. RPi are anemic toys.

Attached: rack.jpg (1500x2000, 1.2M)

>2018
>still being a ciscotard
SHIGGIDDY. Like I said, 2005.

What a waste

>Not a huge system.
>full tower
I like your style.

>ciscotard
As opposed to what? HueHue?
Also I've pulled most of the Cisco gear you see here out of eWaste.. so the price was right. I think the only things in this picture I bought were the 3570G and the 1861.

Attached: rack2.jpg (748x2000, 576K)

>Also I've pulled most of the Cisco gear you see here out of eWaste.
I'm glad you admit you're a hoarder.

Accurate. I also have a C4000 with more port density than most office floors in my closet, along with [checks] Some ASAs, an old HP switch, a BayNetworks switch, some even older Cisco routers and switches, some 800 series routers, a pile of laptops and docking stations, a telepresence unit, and probably 4-5 phones.
What does your kit look like?

Again in 2005.
Dell 1950's
2 asa's and a pix
apc pdus and an old ass telnet-able PDU to turn off outlets.
3550's 1924-E and 2924's.
But all that shit can be replicated in software now so like an intelligent person i let it all go.

I am thinking about developing an open-source digital audio spectrum visualizer that analyzes audio coming from an audio device on your computer in loopback mode, similar to Rainmeter's Audio Level plugin. Instead of being tethered to Rainmeter, it would be an app or program that is a standalone visualizer.

I've made a Google Survey to collect data about what most people generally use for software and audio sources, I would appreciate it if you all could take it if you're interested in this. If you have any specific features in mind, please let me know on the form.

Survey:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2M5iAD3mFJVMN8i8IrOVUNcD5zLaTkUsRo4StwC_klb1Aug/viewform?usp=sf_link

Note: this is for a University project proposal.

Attached: 71Lwr2r84DL.png (800x480, 157K)

What do you use to emulate current ASA software? Last version I managed to get running in virtualization was like. 8.4.2 or something in GNS3 ages ago.

>GNS3
this

Ah, I haven't tried that since they had that push to make it a Linux application. I should probably install that sometime.

Why do you want it?
You're not dumb enough to fall for certs are you?

Athlon x2 250 with media on a OpenMediaVault installation. Currently OFF, but it runs some docker containers, SMB, FTP, basic stuff.

Company pays for my attempts at CCIE, and I get a raise out of it. So yeah, probably gonna do it sooner or later.

>attempts at CCIE
Really, if you're not a multiple CCIE now you're not going anywhere. Stop being a sysadmin.

What a negative thing to say.

Negative but helpful
The market is flooded with multi-CCIE pajeets.
He or (you) sounds young and should get a fucking undergrad degree.

Remember CCIE is essentially a lifetime cert.

Eh, I'm already 4 years into consultancy. I'm not going back to school and wasting 4 years on a degree that will mean dick-nothing to anyone I'd work for. If I do the CCIE it will be for the increase in pay grade, and something to lean on if I ever decide to swap companies.

>I do the CCIE it will be for the increase in pay grade
I'm surprised they still give pay increases for certs.

Thinking of doing some software defined networking in a lab, anyone recommend good reads for a beginner?

the opendaylight or ONOS docs.

Ubiquity g3, 5 of them. Idk about the software. Whats open source?

>Yeah, I don't tend to run the latest shiny. I can get by fine on last-gen stuff for most tasks.
Youre rack isnt last gen, in a previous thread you said those tape drives were LTO2. You're like 6 gens behind.

ASA is dead, FTD is current. If you go on certcollection I posted notes on how to crack it.

>Ah, I haven't tried that since they had that push to make it a Linux application.
FTDs are bastard appliances, they run both NetBSD and Linux

>ASA is dead
is it? I believe it's still needed for security train certification.

>is it?
Yes, everything is FirePOWER now. Technically they still sell the ASA virtual machine, but that will be killed off soon since the FTD virtual machine has been out for a long time.

cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/firewalls/index.html#~stickynav=2

But it's still a cert requirement to know ASA.
Which is why most build home labs.

>Which is why most build home labs.
I have a HA FTD cluster in my home lab and why I literally just told you how you can get one. ASAs are dead.

>But it's still a cert requirement to know ASA.
It requires FTD now
ciscopress.com/store/cisco-firepower-threat-defense-ftd-configuration-and-9781587144806
>Covering key Firepower materials on the CCNA Security, CCNP Security, and CCIE Security exams, this guide also includes end-of-chapter quizzes to help candidates prepare.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 1.15.19 AM.png (3360x2100, 628K)

No i'm talking about current cert standards.

Where I work we are building new VM servers. 4 total. Never done this before but I am going to try to do dsc push config. Maybe going to do a pull server but just to get me started I'll just do the push. I know for some of y'all this is basic stuff but I am just getting started. (Under a year of experience).

>current cert standards.
Current certs require FTD user, ASA is a dead product by itself. Technically FTD uses ASA under the hood, but its all abstracted away my the FMC. You at most get read only access to the ASA CLI.

reddit.com/r/ccna/comments/78l2cw/ccna_security_and_firepower/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 1.30.05 AM.png (1174x1830, 418K)

I don't know why you're arguing, it's clear and easy to reference on cisco's website.

Attached: currentexamrecs.png (994x442, 58K)

>I don't know why you're arguing
youre replying to bixnood, its literally all he does
stop that

Stay retarded user, they still sell ASA appliances but they all run Firepower. ASA OS and ASDM is dead. Its literally in my previous link.

yes

>previous link
You meant this one?

Attached: reddit.png (800x114, 15K)

reminder.

Attached: bixnood.png (1006x771, 266K)

>ASA OS and ASDM is dead.

Attached: cliasdm.png (812x196, 23K)

MT suffix is mini tower.
The 3020 is bigger

No you retard I just linked you a book for CCNA Security from Cisco Press which shows that you need to know FTD, and to their product page that any physical appliance branded as ASA runs FTD now

The only thing which still runs ASA OS is the virtual appliance and it will be killed off soon

Odroid C2:
>Router
>VPN
>DNS/DHCP
>Torrent daemon
>couchpotato/sickrage
>personal wiki
>mailserver
>fileserver
>SQL server

Raspberry Pi 2:
>Steam bot
>plane tracking with rtl-sdr
>backup DNS/DHCP

Feels gudman

Attached: 1503865885756.jpg (761x495, 114K)

FTD is a module, but asa cli and ASDM are not dead, faggot.
How retarded are you?

Attached: IINS-topics.png (998x810, 101K)

>FTD is a module
FTD is a OS and product you retard, it isnt a "module"

>not dead
they dont sell appliances which come with them anymore.

>snt a "module"
See pic.
>they dont sell appliances which come with them anymore.
But they are still tested on with the current cert exam. You know, that's why people build home labs is to study for exams.

I'm going to take the thread's warning and bow out since they are correct in the notion that you're fucking retarded.

Attached: fpmodule.png (941x351, 50K)

>i dont know what lina is
stay retarded user

That pathetic escalation attempt.
So fucking funny.

>still doesnt understand what lina is
>still doesnt have FTD in his home lab
stay retarded user

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 2.38.54 AM.png (1178x732, 195K)

>lose argument
>spout random process names
>....
>profit!

>wont ever learn what lina is
>thinks he won because he is stuck using 10+ year old appliances

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 2.41.35 AM.png (2080x736, 188K)

>gets blown out in the thread
>gives screenshots of his desktop like it's a desktop thread.

>ssh
>desktop

>i wish i could dedicate 14 vCPUs and 26GB RAM to a firewall

>ssh
Wow you hacker.
And your epeen is so big!

But hey at least I'm correct about exam topics.

>thinks he knows more than the person who reverse engineered and cracked FTD

stay butthurt user you know jack shit and have at most a 10+ year old asa 5505
certcollection.org/forum/topic/290172-firepower-ngfwv-collection/page__st__28

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 2.56.57 AM.png (3360x2100, 657K)

>Not official cisco information
>no care

>Router, Mailserver,File server and everything else on the same node.

You're asking for it.

>Can't reverse engineer and crack enterprise class software
>Just uses braindumps like a pajeet

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.04.12 AM.png (3360x2100, 404K)

>uses windows
>thinks others are dumb

Cisco FTD and ASA are both linux. Here is another enterprise class linux product i cracked. But stay retarded that you know even know what kernel that products you claim to have certifications in use.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.08.37 AM.png (3360x2100, 616K)

>still uses windows
>spouts random facts
>probably doesn't know C or can name 3 POSIX functions and their parameters without googling.

>cant even tell what OS the screenshots are from
>cant write assembly or MSIL

ATT or intel?
hah you wouldn't understand ATT syntax it was for UNIX, you weren't around for that were you, kiddo.

>cant post any screenshots of software he has cracked

Firewall.
OpenBSD, which includes the PF firewall, is comfy as fuck.

Like all firewalls it filters whatever ports you want. But it goes further than that; it can rewrite certain TCP/IP fields to randomize them and protect certain less secure operating systems. Useful if you want to run older versions of Windows for some reason (gaming or whatever).

And it's a super secure OS. AFAIK it's the only OS with truly randomized kernel. They have a mechanism called KARL where the actual kernel layout is randomized on each install/reboot, such that every single machine running OpenBSD as a truly unique kernel, making it very difficult to write generic exploits.

The system also includes, by default, a secure NTP server and a secure DNS server (unbound), as well as a secure DHCP server. So it's really great as a gateway.

PF can also redirect traffic. I've configured mine to intercept all DNS and NTP queries, so even if some systems on my network are configured to talk to a different system than your gateway, you can force that traffic to use the gateway's DNS and NTP. This way I can enforce use of DNS over TLS, for example.

This is particularly useful with "smart" devices like smart TVs etc. where you don't necessarily have control over what they talk to.

you leet hacker you!
I bet you have access to all the W4r3Z F7p's!

stay jelly user

I'm not nor never will be jealous of script kiddies.

Is that the GUI? It looks super nice!
Which library are you using to compute the FFT?

(I've answered your survey.)

>reverse engineering
>script kiddie
god you're the living embodiment of the dunning kruger effect

yeah, they used to have textfile guides on how to use ida-pro and hex dump software back in the day, all the script kiddies loved them.

dunning kruger confirmed

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.28.04 AM.png (2388x356, 117K)

Aww the script kiddie doesn't want to be lumped in with the script kiddies.
Then stop doing script kiddie shit.

Find free/libre software. No more script kiddie bullshit. I'm trying to get you to grow up.

dont forget to renew your h1b pajeet

SEETHING!
Funny this all started because you couldn't read an exam requirement.

the only useful post in this shit thread

It started because you're too retarded to check the links I posted showing that ASA OS appliances are no longer sold by cisco and will soon hit EoL. And too butthurt that your employer will fire you and you'll have to go back to shitting in the street in india.

At what age were you diagnosed?

And you don't know the difference between an exam requirement and an EOL product.
Doesn't surprise me since I'm guessing you haven't had or passed many exams in your life.

>I have to rely on certs rather that actual achievements
keep on paying for braindumps pajeet, you might find another sponsor

>>I have to rely on certs rather that actual achievements
My CS undergrad says different.
But you keep "smashing that stack", kiddo ;)

>more worthless paper
>not even post grad
>zero accomplishments
>had to get in 5-6 figures of debt to have his hand held like the retard he is because he cant figure things out himself
>software development degree for network administration
you keep on sticking your foot in your mouth

>worthless paper
sour grapes, kiddo?

Attached: fox and grapes.jpg (300x250, 16K)

>wont pay off his student loans till he is 50

I bet you identify as a satanist and wish you worked for pied piper too, you raging autist.

>defending script kiddies who download new dlls and claim they are "reverse engineering"

I've yet to see Silicon valley, is it good? I only got the reference because of the pied piper company.

>posts detailed instructions to forums in a format so simple even the pajeets can understand it
>download new dlls
you are truly ass blasted