2018 prediction thread?

2018 prediction thread?
>2 more USBc
>Better keyboard (please god)
>4K screen
>"Retina" iphone-style front camera

Attached: 457973-apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-2017.jpg (810x456, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9BnLbv6QYcA
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2 more USBc
i disagree. I think they'll focus on one USBc and EXPAND THE DONGle's ability.

The bottom half of the laptop is replaced with a touchscreen creating what is effectively a giant Nintendo DS

and everyone is going to call that innovation (it already exist)

Apple will create a laptop without a charging port. They're gonna make everyone charge via wireless every time.

My prediction is more hilariously badly designed heap of shit that fails in a month for Louis Rossamn to work with.

Rollback to first gen butterfly (scissor mechanism with detachable keycaps from one port macbook), USB-A, fullsize SD/CFast cards, touchbar retired, pencil support on trackpad, OLED screen with HDR compliance, and bring back magsafe

Nothing short of this is acceptable. and professionals know it.

Scenario 1
>They will add a low quality oled screen (soldered and non-replaceable)
>And they will increase the price by 1000$

Scenario 2
>They will copy Asus and will replace the touchpad and keyboard with a touchscreen
>And they will increase its price by at least 700$

>pencil support on trackpad
But why? You can already sign a piece of paper and scan in your signature via the webcam

they could literally bankrupt wacom in one fell swoop... also, it paves the way for integrating a display into the trackpad exactly like Asus did, but better

and replaces the touchbar, giving back function keys

They're going to say they completely redesigned the keyboard but it'll still have the same problems.

The only thing macbooks have going for them is the trackpad, if they fuck with it Apple would be going full retard.

if they roll back to the first gen butterfly switch, then none of the issues of the second gen dust occur, but it still achieves short travel

i really hope theres more top of the line dual core mobile "professional" cpus

youtu.be/9BnLbv6QYcA

All of the iPad Pro users would instantly migrate back to Mac for a Pencil-supported touchpad and for full Photoshop.

Also, there’s nothing wrong with making the trackpad a display. That’s a way better implementation of context sensitive touch controls than the stupid touch bar

They used to have great keyboards too. WTF went wrong?

Attached: 1496014443479.jpg (1252x1252, 111K)

oh man, the COURAGE

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>heat exhaust literally blows hot air onto screen
>screen melts off and separates
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>he thinks macshit will ever be good
lmao @ ur meme fruit toys

Attached: 1524694395048.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

thinnovation

First gen scissor clips were top tier, before they went to the Air’s shallower travel keys. It started their thinning trend.

Not like they couldn’t have made the actuation force lower than before and made them clamp on lid shut, oh no... that’s be too much innovation. And it wouldn’t even be visible...

>retina meme for "pros" have have

>will replace the touchpad and keyboard with a touchscreen
I have a strong feeling, if not this year for sure in the future this will become reality

Do you want to source those battery claims, because I can't find anything which supports it user.

>thinking apple will IMPROVE things
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best thing I did was buy my mbp in 2011. I think up to 2013 it was still good, but since then it's only downhill.

>applel
>after steve jobs

Attached: Magic-Mouse-2-charging-port.jpg (1023x612, 30K)

Attached: 6a010535fde333970c01b7c8191aec970b-pi.jpg (1000x441, 58K)

Attached: hyperdrive.jpg?quality=98&strip=all&w=782.jpg (782x604, 116K)

L I T E R A L L Y U N U S A B L E
for five minutes

fuckin saved

>literally defending this
kek. Do they at least pay you? I mean, that mouse is the computer equivalent of this guy!
>guys
>listen to
>guys
>listen to this
>i'll put the cha
>guys
>i'll put the charger on the bottom of the mouse!

Attached: tumblr_m02n3ptQpK1roem1xo1_500.jpg (500x597, 42K)

>Why would you need good color representation, goy?

Can someone explain this pic?
Never used an iTampon

The charging port extends from the pen so you have to stick it in like this, and clearly it's piss easy to break the pen and/or the iPad.

>it's apples fault no one uses USB C even though spec been finalized for years

It's rumored apple is replacing usb a side with C on their lightning cables and then bundling a C charger

That will spur it along pretty quick

>applel

Attached: 1528883435288.jpg (1500x1180, 289K)

Spacebar will be removed. The new macOS will simply detect when you need a space, but they will sell an apple branded external bluetooth(or maybe USBc?) spacebar for somthing less than a 100$ for those who have a hard time switching.
Alternatively, someone will probably make a third-party software where you could say something like "Ok, space" if you're a cheap fuck.

as long as the 13" gets a quadcore ill get it

otherwise dell xps for me

>buying a quadcore that runs like a singlecore
#ThinkDifferent

Attached: 1520961355442.jpg (851x474, 107K)

>when the Apple threads turn from discussion and critique to one guy posting the same cherry picked images
pack it up.

>when the apple circlejerk thread turns into appletoddler butthurt central

Attached: 1505864994214.jpg (681x522, 89K)

The next Mackbook pro will charge only if you stick it in a wall, pic related

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1045, 120K)

nice, charging brick built into the laptop

fuck apple is good

It's just a basic outline, couldn't make it thinner

how else would you charge it unless you used wireless charging? There's an adapter that comes with the pencil that lets you plug it into a phone charger. I never understood why people don't think this is a convenient way to charge on the go

With a cable, like everything else. If you use a cable and accidentally bumps into it, the cable bends and everything is still fine.

>remove useful things
>add useless things
>macfags will defend both

Like I said, you can use a cable though... What if you're out and about? Plugging it right into the ipad for 3 minutes is significantly more convenient than plugging it into a power brick when you're not at your desk.

The connector on the pencil has flexible pale port. It can deflect like 30 degrees bidirectionally and has a looser tolerance. If you bump into it, it deflects and will probably come out.

The bottom will go full glass as a touch keyboard and second screen.

Will it stop failing at the drop of the hat over nothing and overheating like a 2003 toshiba satellite?

/thread

Anyone else unironically want Apple to end the Mac lineup and push all development towards iOS devices?

A touchscreen keyboard with no feedback

What's her name again?

Same ports but with SD card for photofags
AMD APU with vega graphics
Same screen but brighter(why)
New and improved keyboard(tm) that's basically the same
Touchbar optional on 15 inch and removed in next revision
Some wanking off a "new and improved thermal solution" that doesn't matter because it would still cook your testicles off if you had any
Same price, pay up goy

Holy shit this might catch on

Attached: apple pepe.png (1150x1150, 322K)

>4K screen
I fucking hope not. WQUXGA most likely

You'll get a notch and an emoji bar and you'll like it.

Same thing every year.
>apple copies something
>appletoddler soibois lap it up

Attached: 1520834646779.jpg (1170x1246, 327K)

The Wacom stylus for my Thinkpad x201t doesn't even require power.

But that's just it. aRGB is literally useless for all digital purposes. It's purpose is to literally mimic print colors, which almost no one uses anymore.

No one bothers to color their prints based on raw RGB color codes in a different colorspace, they use either pantone colors, or take raw aRGB photos, or autoconverted RAW digital negatives that push colors to an aRGB color profile-compatible color space.

Why should any desktop computing company invest in aRGB, when good 100% aRGB monitors already exist out there in the wild?

Why make 100% sRGB and 100% aRGB laptop display, when you could take the money you would have put into aRGB, and put it towards DCI/P3 and HDR10? For starters, photographs are viewed on screens nowadays. The majority of images are viewed on screens, mostly on Instagram anyways. DCI/P3 is valuable for video color grades, and watching movies is enhanced. And you get exponentially more color out of HDR10 than you would out of any other monitor that the loss in aRGB likely doesn't matter because you're representing newer colors in a standard that's not going to disappear any time soon.

>I never understood why people don't think this is a convenient way to charge on the go
Convenient, yes.

Hazardous, silly looking, and could easily be avoidable with just a proper cable, or even a magnetic pogo-pin charger instead? Also yes.

asus has already shown this prototype

more like
>2 less USBc
>touchscreen keyboard
>notch

FUCKING THIS.

What the fuck is the purpose of paying premium for sub-premium performance.

I don't want THINNER, i want 13" nice inches with the most comfy keyboard and a fucking quad-core CPU i can shred my shitty code on.

>2 less USBc
>Worse keyboard (One large touch panel, no feedback whatsoever)
>5k screen (with apple instant battery drain technology)
>Face-Unlock

>>Better keyboard (please god)
Apple will reinvent the keyboard by removing all the buttons and just giving you one big capacitive touchpad that functions as a keyboard.
It works for phones and tablets, so it will work for Apple MacBooks with Retina Screens too.

The keyboard is possibly the most importand aspect in a laptop, as it's the one thing you're gonna literally get your hands on the most.
If the keyboard is shit, the laptop is shit. And MacBooks nowadays have a beyond shit keyboard.

Is this real?

No, it's a feature

MACTODDLERS BTFO

I hate this anorexic trend
Give me better cooling, excellent specs, tons of I/O, a cd/dvd rw drive and make that fucker an inch thick. I won’t care. I do care when they gimp it and turn it into a literal toaster because muh 3/8” thickness.

>#justmacshitthings
PC doesn't have this problem.

>Louis "Oh, God, I'm sooo good lying" (((Rossmann)))

>they dump Intel for AMD because that razor thin design was designed for 10 nm roadmap CPUs that Intel aren't delivering
>they start to solder the heatpipe to the CPU
>they perfect they shitty keyboard. Still dies
>they put a T2 chip on it
>more emojis
I bet that the future macbook pro will have a giant screen as keyboard using force touch technology.
I don't know if I should like it.
The actual keyboard, except for the fact that it has low as fuck travel and likes to kill itself, is the most táctile keyboard that Apple has made since they left mechanical switches behind. Apple should improve the design,

Are you posting from 2008?

iPad built-in under keyboard.

He's not a ((())), his parents are from southern Italy.

One time he told his experience when he found a new place to live in a jewish area, the jew landlord had the keys and contract ready and then somehow Louis tells him he's not actually jewish.
The landlord rips the contract to pieces and tells him to gtfo of his building and never come back.

iPad Pro with Taptic feedback as a keyboard/trackpad.

>his parents are from southern Italy.
Are you implying that in South Italy aren't jews?
Considering his historial, I'll not be surprised that he's lying.

Yeah, i'm gonna need a few examples of him lying, your mouth is not enough.

I could say that based on your browser history you're a pedo, even though I have no evidence (or do i?)

How about the time that he literally whored for attention saying that Apple wanted to sue him?

He showed the email from the lawyer, you pathetic sack of shit

Yes. It was not threatening anything, Louis.
Stop lying, you filthy kike.

Apple keyboards used to be "good", I would not have classified them as "great". That would be reserved for the Thinkpad 600X and the X300/X301.

Unfortunately they do. Everything on the PC front has been moving thinner and thinner every year. Even the Dell Precision has gone for "muh thin", and that is SUPPOSED to be a mobile workstation with powerful CPUs and beefy discrete cards that work hard for hours and hours. They NEED space for cooling pipes and air flow. The old M4700 and M4800 were pretty unapologetic about being fat and ugly but god DAMN could they ever perform. Meanwhile the new 5000 and even the 7000 series heat up unacceptably fast and stay hot, meaning the components throttle and you get subpar performance after an hour or so of work. Marketing people and product engineers are worried about what a few "reviewers" might say and push for this nonsense, losing sight of what users actually want and need.

Seems like a pretty dumb move for a Jew. As far as I've seen, Jews are happy do to business with anyone so long as they pay up and don't squawk.

You are mentally insane.
Yes, it was not threatning, they were asking nicely for him to remove that video.

Every lawyer starts with a polite request. Then they start threatning you with a lawsuit.

In this case they decided not to make the next step.

What's your point ifag?

>prediction
>apple
Who gives a fuck.

HAHAHAHAHHA

>moving the goal post
He's a liar. He wasn't to be sued, but literally build a shitshow to get more publicity. He says his parents are from Italy, even with this german looking surname.
Its not the first time that some dissident voice in Jow Forums has say these things about him.

Didn't you used any alps switch Apple keyboard?
They are pretty sweet.

The Alps switch? As in the mechanical switches? Those were only on desktop keyboards as far as I know. Back in the day, my parents had a Power Macintosh 7200/90 which came with the shitty Apple membrane keyboard. But my dad stole a few of pic related from work, they were tiny but had Alps mechanical switches. Fucking godly to type on, used it right up until the end of university when I wore a hole in the space bar.

Attached: applekeyboard2.jpg (499x341, 72K)

Ah, yes. The apple notebook keyboards are historically awful. I always ended selling my Macbooks because that.

I want to get one of these. Do you know if the ADB to USB bridges are still made?

Listen you poor apple employee, your damage control has zero effect.
Zero.
Your fagbooks "pro" are garbage and this jew-non-jew is exposing your asses all day, everyday.
I'd be mad too

Attached: 1527962687011.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Yes.

Face ID notch

Wow, you are mad.
Have a nice day user.

Yeah I remember a friend of mine in High School had a Powerbook G4. The keys were nicely shaped but the actual action felt kind of mushy and imprecise. My Thinkpad T22 had a far more satisfying feel.

Back in the old days there was a converter called the Griffin iMate, but they were kind of flaky and are now notoriously rare and expensive. I used something called the Wombat, which was actually pretty neat because it could do either ADB to USB, or USB to ADB (although I can't think of a single USB-powered peripheral you'd want to use on a vintage Mac). It was pricey though, $50 for the board and then $10 for the acrylic case. But it's been pretty reliable for me so far.

Did you know that the Apple Keyboard II also came in black?

Attached: adb-keyboard-2-black-MacTV.jpg (1024x768, 107K)