Okay

Okay
4 years on Jow Forums, 4 years on Jow Forums.
I have come to this

GNU/Linux, UNIX, is very good for programming, networking, open source stuff, getting mostly free from the botnet and having CONTROL over your computer.

MacOS is very good with production software (music, video editing. graphics etc), anything from adobe because Adobe and Apple have worked closely together. So. if you just want to get shit done quick use a macbook cause it works really well with everything adobe related.

PS4 or Xbox one. Just buy either of these gaming systems if you like gaming. It's literally made for gaming.

Windows: Bug ridden, close source piece of fucking cancer. Everything about it is fucking shit. The only reason people use this shit is cause boomers use it. Like actual fucking boomers, i'm not even memeing about anything. It's absolute shit, you should have fucking grown out of windows and moved on to MacOS( I don't drink cum, i hate apple products desu) or GNU/Linux (the right choice). Honestly, steam, origin what ever the fuck, all that is shit is a clusterfuck. Just buy a fucking gaming system ffs.

If you want to play fucking games, but a fucking GAMING SYSTEM.
If you want to get into programming, networking, opensource stuff USE GNU/LINUX or UNIX

If you are interested in video editing, audio, graphics etc etc JUST USE A FUCKING MACBOOK BECAUSE ADOBE AND APPLE GO TOGETHER FLAWLESSLY. Yeah you can use windows but that shit is FUCKING SPYWARE, i mean MacOS is too but fucking still WIndows 10 is literally botnet central.

Attached: Dennis_Ritchie_2011.jpg (503x662, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEkjj8hqU
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66356131/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good post

Attached: lain_lisp.png (1520x1080, 1.93M)

>muh open sores

Normal people don't care about the political status of code, stallman.

I'd install MacOS if Hackintosh wasn't such a meme.
Same with Linux, I'm fine with change, but of what you listed, MemeOSX would be right for me.
Just leave people to their own devices. If they want to fuck their privacy off, let them.

Okay cool rant and everything, but what if my 13 year old sister wants to get a computer and she

A. doesn't have $2000 for a Macbook laying around
and

B. she didn't computer science for 6 years at university and knows the in-depth of how an operating system works, and how to operate GNU/Linux

what should she buy?

>prefering a locked down gaming platform with no option for future upgrades vs a open, user driven system with tons of options and games, and place for future upgrades.

Been on Jow Forums way too long; this is what i've learned.

Just by a macbook pro.

You can upgrade your PS4. You're just too much of a brainlet to know how.

t. computer engineer

>4 years on Jow Forums
6 years for me, faggatron. Neck yourself. Can't even triforce, I bet.

t. pajeet pretending to be smarter than he actually is

FTFY faggot, now go kys and stop shitting on the streets

Ok I lied, I'm not actually a computer engineer. I'm sorry.
Can you take back the Pajeet insult? It hurts more than anything else people say on this website.

You can only upgrade the hard drive if you need more space. If you want more CPU/GPU power you have to buy a whole new system.

Apple products are shit just like your post here iPajeet.

Name one thing that's bad about Apple products without making a reference to the LGBT community or India.

>13 year old sister

OP here, your sister better be doing this
youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEkjj8hqU

not getting into computers
also get xubuntu it isn;t hard bitch bloatnigger

all im saying is fuck getting sued for dumb shit I'd rather not read eula's n shit

>that 30 year old boomer still on Jow Forums
also no way any street-shitter can afford a mac
now go back to facebook and post more minion memes, Dave

>hurr durr i have been in this zoo longer than you

Sorry user. I'll downgrade the insult from pajeet to brainlet for you then.

>4 years on Jow Forums, 4 years on Jow Forums
nigger I've been on Jow Forums since it was a guro board and my conclusion is that you're a faggot

Attached: 1276211479729.png (429x410, 11K)

To be honest you can learn everything there is to learn on Jow Forums in about year.

>knows the in-depth of how an operating system works, and how to operate GNU/Linux
But you don't need that knowledge to use it, faggot.
>hurr durr what are desktop environments
>what is "Ubuntu"? I thought GANOOH slash Lonix only came with a command prompt
t. Actually took an OS development course and know the difference between the shell and the kernel

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>heat exhaust literally blows hot air onto screen
>screen melts off and separates
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

If you don't like macshit, then fucking use gnu/linux faggot.
you're still a bloatnigger to this day so, i don't care how many years you have been on this shithole

>MacOS: Bug ridden, close source piece of fucking cancer. Everything about it is fucking shit. The only reason people use this shit is cause hipster boomers use it. Like actual fucking hipster boomers, i'm not even memeing about anything. It's absolute shit, you should have fucking grown out of fagOS and moved onto GNU/Linux (the right choice).

>Windows: Bug ridden, close source piece of fucking cancer. Everything about it is fucking shit. The only reason people use this shit is cause boomers use it. Like actual fucking boomers, i'm not even memeing about anything. It's absolute shit, you should have fucking grown out of windows and moved on to MacOS( I don't drink cum, i hate apple products desu) or GNU/Linux (the right choice). Honestly, steam, origin what ever the fuck, all that is shit is a clusterfuck. Just buy a fucking gaming system

Fixed.

Attached: 1499261513649.webm (990x720, 2.45M)

She should have been aborted 13 years ago if she's that stupid.

>lol just buy a console
There's a lot of reasons to game on a PC rather than a console, like higher framerates, higher resolutions, better graphics, no online fees, etc. The number of games playable on GNU/Linux systems is increasing as well.

For the simple and semi-complex editing that I do, kdenlive under GNU/Linux works pretty well. I have used a Mac before, and it had plenty of issues itself, so I see no reason to do anything else with Mac OSX.

I agree but people have jobs. Most people work with adobe software on mac's. Every fucking time i see someone on windows using adobe software it's a fucking pajeet.

I've been on Windows for 20 years and it's not so bad.

>I agree but people have jobs. Most people work with adobe software on PCs
Fixed for reality. Applel abandoned the creative market a decade ago, and vice versa. All they care about selling now is toddler toys.

Attached: 1519230999896.jpg (954x608, 140K)

>higher framerates, higher resolutions, better graphics

You fucking fit the category of twitch niggers, gaming faggots, razer gaming niggers etc etc.

i said fucking adobe, i never mentioned anything else at all.

Applel abandoned Adobe a decade ago, and vice versa. All they care about selling now is toddler toys.

Attached: 1513023971881.png (658x951, 144K)

>4 years on Jow Forums, 4 years on Jow Forums.
Why say this? Some of use have been her for ~10 years. Nobody cares. It does not make your opinion better.

>If you want to play fucking games, but a fucking GAMING SYSTEM.
Autism.

Not going to bother reading further.

I really don't give two shits about tweets you faggot fuck

I don't know what to buy for my university classes. I want to be able to game moderately well, but I don't want a god damn tank for a computer

>doesn't say all the bad stuff about linux (obsolete no games no software neckbeard oh look my desktop looks neat trash) or macos (overpriced closed garden literally designed for retarded people who are afraid of computers planned obsolescence hardware unpgradeable hippie fag whats a computer?) and doesn't say all the good stuff about windows (best games, best software, most popular OS, the entire world runs on Windows, it just fucking works well, save tons of money buying and upgrading specific parts, highly customizable OS and lightning fast GUI navigation)

Keep drawing ponies on your MacShit kid, we'll keep the world running.

Whether you agree with them or not, those are objective benefits. Not to mention I like playing games with keyboard and mouse.

>the world runs on Windows
what about servers?

Chromebook

Optionally: install ElementaryOS, Ubuntu, or something else easy to pick up on it (and install all the fucking drivers and normal software, make sure common files open in the correct default programs before giving it to her).

And no professional in any industry gives a fuck about useless housefire fruit toys you faggot cuck.

God you're just as bad as the Winfags on reddit. Keep shilling your toys Mactoddler, the fact that they're both proprietary botnet shit and therefore are utterly shit OSes still stands.

>you need a degree to use linux
Are windowsfags really this dumb?

I fucking use GNU/Linux, i don't even own mac shit. Are you guys fucking windows users???? Go back to /v/ holy shit

I-is the razer blade a good computer? I know it's overpriced, and from razer, but it looks like a regular computer unlike all other ""gaming"" laptops

There are so many of them. Like fucking hell, i can't tell if they are pajeets or crusty neckbeards who play games all day.

No but for an "oldfag" like you, you're pretty easy to troll kek.

>mactoddler that doesn't know a single CLI command pretends to be a linux user to shitpost about his "arch enemy"
At least you tried kid.

It's like a macbook that doesn't catch fire.

Attached: vents.jpg (1200x1600, 381K)

BRBRBRRRRRRR

>""gaming"" laptops
>gaming keybaord
>gaming mouse
>gaming camera
>gaming microphone
>gaming monitor
>gaming gpu's

yeah this is windows tier cancer, just buy a fucking gaming system and be done with it. Honestly, games are for fucking man children.

Just go fucking workout

Nigga my desktop is too old already and I need a computer for university. Might as well get two birds with one stone

>need
Is your university so fucking ghetto that it can't afford computer labs for students and there are homeless people going around in your lecture halls begging for money?

>loves apple and linux
>"Games are just manchild shit anyway I don't even want them"

If I had a dollar for every time I saw this I'd have enough money to buy an apple product

Why the fuck do I wanna use the computer lab if I can just buy myself a computer. Jesus are you retarded

You're the retard, asshole. What the fuck do you need a "better" computer for?

>>loves apple
kinda do, you probably do too.
>and linux
it's gnu/linux

>opinion, cursing, cursing, opinion, cursing, opinion

Thanks for the insight that you are probably an unruly piece of trash teen.

go to reddit and circle jerk there

Thanks for the insight that you're choosing to be offended.

Windows computers are pretty good for pirating and emulating games, many of which aren't ported to PS4 or Xbox.

Depending on your taste in games, it could be a pretty rational choice to buy a budget Windows system.

Depending on what you are developing it also might make sense to use Windows or macOS for certain development environments.

But generally speaking what you're saying is true.

If you're shunning Windows because you are concerned about shady Microsoft shit, then you can end up shooting yourself in the foot depending on your use case. You can argue that it's worth it, but it's not quite so cut and dry.

Attached: 1440582486372.jpg (343x284, 21K)

/thread

>like yeah linucks is good and stuff i guess
>OMG i LUUVVV APEL i LOV tim cucks feminine penis up my ass
>WTF I HAET WANGBLOWZ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I wonder who could be behind this post.

Attached: appleboys.jpg (1000x1243, 312K)

>I have bathed in shit daily for 2 years longer than you have, bet you can't even make a fidget spinner out of a dried turd!

Attached: JUST.jpg (540x540, 39K)

Windows is still the only platform that can handle 3D graphics with any degree of competence. Recent versions of Win10 are fine, just use a registry hack to prevent forced updates. Even programming works well now that you can run bash etc natively.

>Even programming works well now that you can run bash etc natively.

tsk tsk, always choosing the bad side.

so like, razer blade. Anyone has a friend that has one? Is it good, is it bad?

>MacOS is very good with production software (music, video editing. graphics etc), anything from adobe because Adobe and Apple have worked closely together. So. if you just want to get shit done quick use a macbook cause it works really well with everything adobe related.

They've done literally the exact opposite that and we'll see if Apple's move to ARM will be the nail in the coffin for that.

2014 macbook air, doubt your sister will need something more powerful. They go for 300-400 on newegg

Friend finally woke after seeing how much faster my 2 year old T560 was at video encodes than his 2015 Macbook "Pro." He ended up with a mid range Razer Blade Pro and it's been working pretty well for him. He likes that he can actually use it on his lap without burning his balls off.

Mac user here. Without even reading the thread: No, Adobe does not play well with MacOS. It's a miracle those cynics even bother with Mac support. At least Microsoft still puts effort into maintaining its empire. Adobe just demands that you open your wallet and can't even invent a plausible excuse as to why you would want to do that.
As for audio software, about half of the big name stuff works on Macs, and nobody would look at you sideways for bringing a Macbook into a sound studio. I mean, you'd get shit from mechanical engineers for trying to do CAD, but there's a glimmer of hope there.
Anyway, I think most people on this website don't care to work with good tools without being paid to do it, and won't ever get paid to do it, so there's no point telling anybody how to work on creative shit beyond the entry level garbage they can pirate on their gaming PCs. Which brings us to consoles: If you think people are building machines just to have access to some games, you're a dumbass. People on Jow Forums build PCs to participate in the dick waving contests that stimulate their competitive urges without requiring an investment of skill. It makes them feel like they're beating someone at something, and they can capture and maintain that feeling by shooting people in video games on the machines they put all that effort into building. None of this applies to a Mac. Everyone gets the same experience. There are no winners, which in theory means there are no losers, but to people on Jow Forums, it sounds more like everyone is a loser. It's the same reason folks hate communism. They need to feel like they outperformed somebody to fill up the emptiness in their lives. Also, you're gay.

Attached: throttlebook.jpg (1080x1370, 264K)

Never used one but I assume using word, internet browsing, and music, should not cause problems

Newfag

>Also, you're gay
Didn't even read your post windows poster
kill yourself and re enter the matrix more humble next time you little fucking bitch

/thread

Thanks, good to hear the cooling works

So now you're lashing out because you know I'm right and you wanna sound like the bigger tough guy. You actually think you've defeated me? It wasn't even an argument, smoothbrain

>He carries his entire desktop, monitor, keyboard, and mouse to school

Attached: 1526670658959.jpg (600x536, 71K)

please kill yourself

ITT: OP is absolutely butt blasted

This is you.

Attached: 1511126447310.webm (640x360, 1.48M)

>entirely misses the point
>doesn't use perfectly working campus provided computers
>instead brings pc to school for gayming and not pay attention to lectures
Unironically kys you dumb fuck

Attached: 1529016688366.png (370x320, 39K)

Ok so the user wanting to buy this laptop wants it to replace his desktop and be portable so he can take it to school and somehow that's wrong?

>so he can take it to school and somehow that's wrong?
I never said nor claimed that, bitch.
>I-is the razer blade a good computer? I know it's overpriced, and from razer, but it looks like a regular computer unlike all other ""gaming"" laptops
If you started from the beginning of this thread you would have realized how utterly retarded and financially irresponsible decision this is, you illiterate negroloid.

He wants a laptop, you said not to get this laptop, call him a retarded asshole and not recommend a laptop

>pay 40k in tuition
>bring gayming laptop to school to play gaymes instead of studying
>can't go for an hour without playing gaymes so has to do it during lectures
Not my job to guess what his needs are if he doesn't tell us. If he wanted to use Office and XCode then he should be getting a chromebook or used thinkpad, not a shitty (((gaymer))) laptop.

>Buy a laptop titled "gaming laptop"
>Literally forced to start gaming on it
>Try to do anything else
>Computer automatically starts up Minecraft

Maybe he wants to do gaming AND other things with the same computer? It'll probably have much better performance than a standard laptop too...

>mactoddler OP got banned
lmao
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66356131/

>just use a registry hack to prevent forced updates
MS will just remotely undo that and immediately force an update.

>4 years on Jow Forums, 4 years on Jow Forums
damn we got an oldfag here

There is no reason to use Windows unless your job requires legacy software that's only available for Windows.

>the entire world runs on Windows

Attached: Ok_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large.png (480x480, 129K)

MACTODDLER BTFO

Good post

A month is enough

I'm still using my 2010 15" macbook pro.
>>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
To me that always seemed to be by design. Pretty much every other laptop works the same and has "buttons" on the bottom of the trackpad and not at the top. Also, if you enable "tap to click" you can click everywhere on the trackpad. The macbook trackpad is the best trackpad I ever used. Everything else feels like shit afterwards. three-finger-drag is the greatest thing ever.

I don't know if I got lucky, but I've had never had any problems with my machine. From what I know, todays models are shit, but back then, they were great laptops.

>If you are interested in video editing, audio, graphics etc etc JUST USE A FUCKING MACBOOK
>If you want to get into programming, networking, opensource stuff USE GNU/LINUX or UNIX

MacOS is unix idiot.

>he buys games on a locked down underpowered piece of shit junkbox
>he pays twice for his internet
lmao kys fucking aspie cumguzzler

fagOS isn't and never will be unix

Attached: 1500156500438.png (1245x852, 145K)