Skype another redesign

and another insult to user freedoms, forced to use the new shitty interface. F*ck you Skype, f*ck you Microsoft, and f*ck you Salty Nutella. Give me my old Skype back you f*cking maoists

Attached: 1 ePJyQbValpmA3Fp2mNdevA.png (800x600, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/skype.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hey i think it looks pretty good

who the fuck uses skype in 2018

>says shitty
>censors fuck

Sh*tty price of fucking garbage

My office for some reason

My company

My skype doesn't look like that.
It shouldn't look like that because I use the windows version, you know the version without the stupid traffic lights on the top left corner of every window.

Running 7.41.0.101 which according to check for updates is the latest version.

At least it doesn't look like the mess of the previous version. But still not as pleasant as the classics

Skype 8 is the latest version.

>showing off new design
>on a mac
Hehe, even microsoft acknowledges how bad window's design is.

It's all been downhill since Amiga

I need to stop using skype

If you cared about freedom you would not use Skype.

More padding pls

e m p t y
s p a c e
f e e l s
f r e e

>2015+3
>everything is a Slack clone

This is actually pretty good

okay UI, whatever i dont really give a shit even if it isnt as responsive as what i was used to

what really grinds my testes is that search doesn't find shit any more. has anyone else noticed this? if i search something on new skype it'll find stuff from less than a month ago, on old skype it'd find every message ever sent/received with the text you gave it

trying to think of reasons why it does this, are all your messages in the cloud now and they don't want you running the search on their server cpu?

AND another thing, why can't i control it showing when i'm typing any more?

/thread

>user freedoms
>forced
Pro tip: Skype was never free to begin with.
stallman.org/skype.html

the pajeets seem to be really concerned with the UI they redesign it every 2 months to keep things fresh. this design of Skype for Linux Beta from last year was pretty damn neat...

that's the least of the issues though. i couldn't turn off application sounds no matter what. i'd even have to listen to that retarded ringtone when i'm phoning someone else, fucking why?

not to mention the absolute lack of security of any kind. Wire and WhatsApp both have their issues, but none as bad as Skype. and at least Wire keeps getting better while Skype is only getting worse.

Attached: 120125_after.png (1279x699, 111K)

>and another insult to user freedoms
You are free not to use it if you don't like it.

>f*cking maoists
Go back to Jow Forums retard.

>any point in time
>using Skype
>shiggy diggy

I thought everyone who used Skype moved over to the other proprietary botnet.

Like for 5 yo.

>use a botnet
Do it again, BASED Skype. And harder this time.

I'm so sorry

A ton of people, unfortunately.

Remember when Microsoft didn't own Skype? Remember when Skype wasn't bloated and ad ridden? I guess they really have to ruin everything they touch.

I don't think normies care about this shit. They would be the first to accept any redesign.

At least it looks better than that dogshit excuse for a UI they had before.

My skype doesn't look like this. Months ago my skype broke and wouldn't let me log in, and I eventually manually downloaded and installed the latest version, which gave me pic related. It's been the same for probably all year though. But this is on W7, if it matters.

Attached: Untitled.png (1035x865, 282K)

didn't it die?
even 80yo folks use whatsapp

Skype was always terrible

I haven't seen ads in the version I'm still on. Maybe this new update they haven't notified me of yet will change that. But didn't skype always leak your IP? It was the main thing brought up in conversations. If it stopped happening, it must've happened under the m$ rule.

like every enterprise that also uses office

>who the fuck uses skype in 2018
Everyone here.
Everyone in my family, it's the default chatting software/app for most.

>still using skype
You only got yourself to blame at this point

Skype used to be peer to peer. After Microsoft acquisition, they moved to a centralized server for whatever the fuck reason. Maybe that's how leaking IP address was solved idk, but that was sufficient reason for me to leave the service.

Sorry, I'm not that knowledgeable of tech, so I don't understand the ramifications here.

I thought it was a given that m$ was harvesting all data you shared with them. Did the peer to peer infrastructure prevent that? In my relative ignorance, it seemed m$ would spy either way, and only that in one of the two ways it was done your ip was leaked as well. I don't understand why extracting IPs no longer being possible would make you leave the service.

where are those people?
in africa?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-15 18-29-59.png (1166x578, 51K)

close. india

I miss ICQ.

chinks

Employed people

get a job m8

Skype is fine for audio and video, but for text messaging it's still shit. I've seen more that a few instances of messages sent on one device not being mirrored on another. They really need to hurry with implementation of message delivered/read receipts.