How would Jow Forums design a robot for Robot Wars/Battlebots?

What would be your approach/design choice? I'm more familiar with robot wars so how would one counter Razer, Carbide and Tornado?

Attached: carbide1-min.jpg (700x395, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DcoQIBVp38Y
hooktube.com/watch?v=KcpzdTRq8H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I was a kid and I watched that, I always pictured stripping down an old lawn mower and somehow attaching a micro controller. Nowadays we have Raspberry Pi's and Arduinos, so I'd definitely take those into consideration. I saw this one bot in the picture that won a lot, with its vertical crushing blade that would cripple opponents. For that, I'd use some sort of high resistance servo (I'm no ME obviously, I'd have to look it up), and motor controllers for the wheels. The type of bots like in your picture were shit, and never made it far. Anything house bot related should be taken into consideration.

Attached: winner.jpg (275x183, 10K)

The counter to this shit is to just have an extended arm right above their blade so they can't hit you.
Worked against Icewave.

I'd need a logo first.

This bot was shit on by spinners and flippers. Rotating mass became the meta and the show got stale. Should have moved the fighting pit out in the desert and had pilots control them remotely through video feed then allowed guns on bots. Would have been next level battle bots!

I think Carbide is the champion of series 9. It has such destructive power, I think that slopped armor would help deflect that monstrous spinner. Razer was amazing but my all time favorite was Chaos 2. A shame it performed poorly in latter series

You need strong armor that can take a good hit, and then keep the blade from spinning back up to full speed. As for an attacking aspect, I'm not sure.

100 dildos protruding from a sphere just rolling around. Can't lose.

A desktop with wheels and cd players that shoot out windows installations. It would run on gentoo.

can't win either tho

Blendo 2

Attached: shinigami.jpg (1440x1080, 65K)

EMP

Isn't that the same bot that shredded itself up at the very beginning of a fight?

youtube.com/watch?v=DcoQIBVp38Y

Go at 16:20. I think one way to beat those heavy spinners like Carbide and Tombstone is to have some sort of flail to entangle the spinner, rendering it useless.

In my opinion, the best designed robot is Tornado. If I would have to make one, it would be like it but more compact with more armor. Although it is still vulnerable to Razer-like robots

Attached: 61-wfwng-nl._sx522__9.jpg (522x522, 30K)

OP said battlebots, not battlethots

I'd probably make a big ass like 2.5ft by 1.5ft by 0.6ft rectangle thing that was made. Entirely out of steel.and bullet proof glass panels. The electronics would be tucked away in the center of the cunt, not exposed to anything. The entire thing would be hydraulic based, with individual lines, no spf. 4 hydraulic motor wheels that don't turn, but spin back and forth the steer like a tank. The lines would be thick wall seamless stainless tubing, using swivel fittings everywhere for pieces that move.
The main weapon would be a solid billet milled aluminum baseball bat with a stout as fuck assembly to swing it like a fucking hammer with a hydraulic cylinder and big lines, accumulator, whatever it takes to get it going fast.

Sounds good except for the fact that there's a weight limit.

OK a bit smaller, but the bullet proof glass with steel frame shell should be pretty light.

Why an aluminum baseball bat? Usually those designs don't tend to do much damage

Because light weight, and the problem with those designs was they didn't have enough mass. And interia. This cunt will swing that shit fast enough to cut a puppy clean in half

I think a design like Shunt the house robot is the best one, not a lot used it. Your design reminds me of Tornado + Terrorhertz's axe

Some form of cutting torch, probably oxy-acetylene , it wouldn't run long but would do some serious damage to anything that got close

Combine it with a vertical claw like Sgt bash or large pincers and yeah, it would be awesome

i put as much silly putty as allowed on top of a roomba

Soft padding has the downside of not potentially causing damage to the opponent's spinner.
Besides, it still doesn't get past conservation of momentum.

you underestimate how much putty i am putting on this thing

hooktube.com/watch?v=KcpzdTRq8H0

Are flamethrowers allowed?

Probably some long stick and C4.

What about a bot that stick little bits of remote explosives on the other bots? That would be one badass bot.

not surprising how it took very little time for the bots to 'evolve' into just a couple of basic winning designs, with all the special snowflake ones getting weeded out
by the end you basically had to decide between "wanting to win" and "wanting to put on a show"

Attached: th.jpg (474x321, 20K)

I want to see a no rules battlebots. Anything from acid, to acetylene torches, to fucking tesla coils being allowed. There really no original design anymore.

In the original season of Battlebots there was a surgeon who made one better than everyone else. It was as finely machined stainless steel wedge with a flipper arm on it. Its skirt was super low to the ground so almost nothing could get under it. He had no trouble running circles around everyone else, just flipping their shit, while his own design was pretty much impervious to the varied meme weapons employed by everyone else.

You go with what works. There is no room for diversity when one form is clearly superior.

I know it's really stupid and probably won't beat the other basic robot designs, but I want a quadruped robot, with knives attached to it's feet.

Dare to dream, user.

>Attach an 8700K to a remote controlled car
Bomb on wheels

I'd love to see drone dog fighting with guns.
A king of the hill with land robots would be interesting, small mini tanks battling it out for king of the hill or something.

i’m sure i’ve seen bots with flamethrowers before

i read this as battletoads

Attached: 10533.jpg (640x400, 131K)

>put it on a ramp
>falls over
>put it on stairs
>falls over

ok nice

Like cells and stuff, often the simplest are the most resilient.

moron

Attached: here come dat ed.png (404x403, 225K)

That's Biohazard.
It got absolutely destroyed by Megabyte when it returned.

Pic related is the battlebot GOAT.
Most championships, design still works, best record, etc.

>There is no room for diversity when one form is clearly superior.
There's plenty of diversity and even Original Sin isn't unbeatable.

Attached: OS_sq3.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>itt not picking the obvious choice

Attached: 090611_rg_BDBigDog_01.jpg (600x402, 73K)

>What would be your approach/design choice?

i would just build a tank then just shoot at the other bots with armor-piercing ammo.

Attached: armata.jpg (962x745, 186K)