/mpv/ - just a media player

Attached: 1485617145680.jpg (3653x3039, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers
github.com/vayan/external-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey igv, did you try grouped compute shaders for FSRCNNX?

JUST indeed

How to skip the first and last 10 seconds of a file based on the filename?

barely a media player

Filter for the filename with your shell and pipe the results to mpv --start=10 --end=-10

mpv>>>>mpc-* or potplayer + madvr + assfiltermod>>>>>>>>vlc

This but unironically.

Mpc hc is better, fight me

How does a single piece of software cause constant general threads? What's next? /htop/ general?

Do you spend as much time monitoring processes as watching videos?

asking again here:
how do I achieve this behavior?
>no external monitor connected: fullscreen and no upscaling
>external monitor is connected: upscaling to 2160p and no fullscreen (so that I can move the window around), or fullscreen on the external monitor
I'm on version mpv git-2018-05-17-05b392b , and I've installed auto-profiles.
This is my config so far:
## GENERAL ##
profile=opengl-hq
fs=yes
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-directory=~/Pictures/
save-position-on-quit
write-filename-in-watch-later-config
force-seekable=yes

## VIDEO ##
geometry=3840x2160
vd-lavc-dr=yes
glsl-shaders=~~/shaders/ravu-lite-r4.hook

## AUDIO ##
audio-spdif=dts-hd

## SUBS ##
sub-font-size=45
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll=yes
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll-secs=3

## YTDL ##
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

too complicated

uhh... just bind the switch to a key? I don't think you can do this automatically easily without writing an extra .lua script.

tfw development is dead without wm4

>tfw no qt3.14 taytay-like gf
Also, I use mpv, looking to try something new, any recommendation?

This is likely why madshi keeps his project proprietary, otherwise it'll be quickly filled with mental defectives.

But wm4 is mentally unstable himself.

Just use SSSR...

It's pretty shit for low res videos. Also kind of shit with any anime content.

Why?

Guys is it possible to steam a video through tor ?

Maybe ya'll can help a retarded user out.

I'm trying to more aggressively deband 8bit video sources, I would use filename evaluations with autoprofile but I tend to also stream from CR/yt

This doesn't work for my high strength deband autoprofile, what am I doing wrong?
profile-desc=cond:p["video-params/plane-depth"]

works for me

I'm getting really high cpu usage on mpv compared to vlc and via firefox
is there a way to fix this?

I get
[auto_profiles] Error evaluating: [string "profile deband-medium condition"]:1: attempt to compare nil with number
latest git mpv and autoprofile

mpv uses software decoding by default as it will work on basically all hardware. Hardware decoding can be turned on to use your gpu instead of cpu. Check the manual for all available options.

how am I supposed to test if this is working correctly, is there a way to print active profiles at runtime

It'll give you those errors but it still works.
You can use profile-desc=cond:get("video-params/plane-depth", "")

thanks, but also echoing

J hate mpv

Who the fuck is J?

Actually I love mpv you dirty liar. Fuck you.

Can you use shaders on mpv-android?

has anyone gotten this to work on systems other than windows/linux? like BSD's or Illumos?

the ui sucks and so does the script/lua ones that i've found
i just want a youtube-style seekbar. bomi is perfect but crashes when i go to settings s__s

any other options?

Kdeconnect is a very good media remote. But how do I remotely open files through MPV from Android?

I'm using mpv on OpenBSD (and previously on cuckbsd and dfly) without problems. Things weren't supposed to work?

Damn, madshi has no more competitors!
Hope he will finally drop directshow soon.

Is latest version still shit for low res videos?

What do I use to get youtube videos to be streamed on mpv.

YouTube-dl, friend :).

I thought that's what was being used but sometimes I see on youtube screenshots "open in mpv"

In theory, yes. In practice no Android device ever will run meme shaders.

what the fuck are to talking about? do you have an extension installed?

No, you are retarded.
This is the solution: madVR > libplacebo

mplayer = media player
mplayer2 = media player 2
mpv = media player 5

where is media player 3 and 4?

>mpv youtube-URL
This will stream the highest available video and audio stream. Use --ytdl-format, if you want to select other ones (basically the -f option for youtube-dl).

how do I get acestream to work with mpv?

What's wrong with vlc compared to mpv?

You need a media player to use madvr with and you need another extra peice of software to have comparable subs. Seems like you're the retard. mpv >>>>>> *

>seeking
>subtitles
>lack of high quality scalers
>lack of other high quality playback features or shitty implementations (interpolation, display-resample, etc)
If you have ever tried playing a larger file (20-80GB) with vlc and then another player like mpv it is also pretty evident how poorly vlc performs with large files.

Attached: 1528160361762.png (1644x286, 49K)

How the hell do you set mpv and madVR up?

madshi is a cocksucker, so you can't, but you can use identical upscaling algorithms like nnedi3 and superxbr form here: github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers and set them using glsl-shader="path to shader" in mpv.conf if you are into destorting the original image to improve preceved sharpness. Somehow, though they are the exact same shader, they are infinitely quicker on mpv than mpc-hc, even a low-end machine should be able to handle most of these, where as madvr requires a fucking series of titan vs to run just NGU mid quality and a noise filter at 60fps smoothmotion interpolation(btw inferior to oversampling on mpv)

you are too retarded for this board

Hi madshi, good to see you shilling again :^)

>want to try out mpc-be
>the main developer is an illiterate russian monkey
nope nope nope

Just wait until you see the lag. I feel like russia is still on CRT, and can't notice how horrible the framedrops are from madvr with an overclocked 1080ti

They really need to change the icons for their crash page, I'm sick of looking at this high-gloss windowsxp style crap everytime madvr decides it's time to shit itself.

Attached: crashpage.png (663x306, 191K)

Those icons look fine. Stop being autistic.

your player is crashing and what you're bothered by are the icons?

mpc-hc is dead though

Lol, it's mpc-hc, it crashes all the fucking time, all day, sometimes twice in one 20min anime episode, at this point, I'm more bothered by the icons.

If I have to look at these icons more than the actual interface, I'de like them to be better.

I switched to mpv for most stuff (non-anime) a long ass time ago. I keep it regularly updated, waiting for a day where the lag disappears and it becomes usable again, sadly I fear that day will never come. Even nearest neighbor lags like hell on mpc-hc. Also, madvr has "edge thinning" which I find looks very attractive, but it does add a fuckton of performance problems. Anybody come up with edge thinning shader for mpv yet?

tfw comfy smplayer+mpv+youtube-dl on windows, in the mpchc theme

Although I usually watch my meatier content on another screen via Kodi

Anyone got a nice music player script?

How is smplayer anyway? It looks dated as fuck.

It's just an mpv frontend/gui.

is there a filter in avisynth similar to ravu and ngu? (good with 2d)

I love you tay-tay

>edge thinning
but thickk lines are love

Attached: [Vivid] Owari no Seraph - 03v2 [FF223406]_00:05:00-01.jpg (1280x720, 326K)

Attached: 1505144764212.webm (512x384, 1.75M)

There's a skin for it which makes it look just like mpc-hc, which I think looks fine, but if "dated" is your issue that's probably no big help.

What happened?

>take my windows input.conf and mpv.conf
>put it in ~/.config/mpv/
>doesn't work
why?

I switched back to madvr and directshow, I don't know why but latest nvidia drivers make everything faster and latest madvr test release is just awesome for HDR contents on my old 1080p display.

how do I make an autoprofile for youtube links

Is it just me or is it crashing a lot lately?

Just you

MPV? More like HIV!

Hey guys, just thought I'd post this issue here since I saw this thread...

I type into the commandline
mpv /path/to/media/file.extension
and the media plays perfectly, just like that. Can anybody help?

delete mpv

Ok I'll just stick to vlc

VLC is a massive pile of shit and yet it actually works properly unlike mpv.

>mpv
>perfect video quality

>vlc
>shittiest video quality ever
>for imbeciles it means works properly

If you don't want to do config files even mpv just works and I imagine stock mpv still looks better than VLC.

How to ask haasn to come back, add the same tonemaping algo than in displaycal/madvr and make custom shaders as fast/faster than on madvr?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Make multimedia on linux great again!

any extention for firefox to open a link of youtube with mpv?

screen=1

Yep, there's a few try searx or startpage. Or make your own custom keybind to open links from clipboard if you're on linux.

if I use a frontend like bomi, does that use ~./config/mpv for settingsor do I have to copy everything somewhere else?

Depends entirely on the frontend.

For linux
This opens youtube links in mpv automatically when you click on them
github.com/vayan/external-video

in this case it's probably going to be bomi but it can be anything that 's easy to use although if that doesn't do it and you know anything that does (preferably qt-based) I'd love to hear about it

gnome-mpv is alright.
Out of interest, why do you need a dedicated front-end? Is the OSC not good enough?

this is for a system that's not just going to be used by me, and I want my mostly tech-illiterate family to have something nice to look at

Igv? Is haasn working on MRT?

Honestly, the OSC is probably the most straightforward and accessible thing to use as it doesn't have any additional menus and whatnot.
Just make sure to use the autoload.lua script for playlist entries and it'll be good to go.

Attached: mpv-screenshot-34cd36ae.jpg (999x628, 152K)

Alternatively, change it to the box view, which might look easier to use.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4b46324570635a2e706e67.png (968x498, 20K)