Why the fuck is rooting in 2018 so hard

Why the fuck is rooting in 2018 so hard.

I just got my first andropoverty phone (XZ1 compact) after 5 years of using a BBOS10 (rip) device and I am seriously bumflustered about the amount of ads they put in literally fucking everywhere.
My jaw dropped when I saw that a stock YT application on android put ads in the middle of the fucking playback.

I looked around for host-based ad blocking but it requires root. So I looked for ways to root my XZ1C and apparently it is possible but fucks with your device enormously, locking up some shitty DRM drivers and renders your camera unusable.

What the fuck yo.

Attached: angryspurdo.jpg (210x146, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/4y5u4u/netguard_ad_blocking_using_adblock_plus_default/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because phones are rubbish and cucked.

DNS66/Blokada on F-Droid, friendo.

>activate developer options
>unlock bootloader
>flash/boot twrp
>flash lineage os
>flash root
>enable root in developer options

Android isn't free. The product is you.

Did you miss the part where unlocking the bootloader disables or fucks up some parts of the phone, like the camera? It's all the rage these days on newer phones.

major carriers like Verizon lock the bootloader and there's literally no way to root a pixel 2 xl

My XZ1C is doesn't have a carrier-fuckmyshitup garbageware on top of it but still stands.

I do admit that the amount of times I am annoyed by ads is far greater than the amount of times I actually use the camera but come the fuck on, I paid for it I would like to use it.

Thank you very fucking much.

Attached: 1462793289483.png (557x605, 227K)

Im considering rooting my samsung s7 (not edge) eu model to remove to bloatware and hopefully increase the battery life.

Do you guys know if it is easy to root my device? I know some of them make it almost impossible. Warranty has expired anyway btw

Why do you faggots not check if a phone can be rooted BEFORE you buy it? If I want a certain feature from anything I buy I check it BEFORE I buy it

anything samsung should be easy, just follow the proper guide on lineage's website

>Why do you faggots not check if a phone can be rooted BEFORE you buy it?
How on earth could I know that the ad problem on android got his fucking bad since I last used it in 2013?
I completely forgot about the whole "you need to root a phone before you can actually fucking use it" issue because on BBOS10 it was never a problem.

Popular devices get cracked fast. Iirc samsung devices can sometimes be rooted and unlocked with just one program using a pc.

you can push an adblocking hosts file via android debug bridge, you dont need root for that.

you do realize that stock (aka no-adblock) YouTube on desktop browser has ads in the middle, either watch on a mobile browser with uBlock, or get NewPipe.

You fucked up by not looking for a phone that's easy to root and is supported by 3rd party roms and then only use fdroid. Stock Android (or rather the fucked up version the manufacturer made) with Google play is shit.
Sell that trash and try again.

android is free. google services however, are not.

does it block ads from the YouTube app also? could you link me to the host files you use?

>BBOS10
Found your problem.
You migrated from one of the best mobile OS to a piece of first-to-market shit held together with gaffer tape and chewing gum just so Google can slurp all your data.

>he doesn't use mpv for watching youtube

As if you can do anything useful in Android (outside China) without Play Services.
Put your wallet where your mouth is and give money to eelo (or contribute code for it). Until then, Google has cucked all of the Jow Forums fanboys that shat on Nokia and BlackBerry, especially on Maemo and BB10.

You're a fucking retard. What ads in everything? Name apps besides YouTube. YouTube (without some adblocker or vanced YouTube) always had ads even on desktop. Most apps I use have no ads and I'm on Android.

This. Even if hes talking about browsing the web fucking samsung internet and firefox both have adblockers and tracking blockers.

>How on earth could I know that the ad problem on android got his fucking bad since I last used it in 2013?
You mean the ad problem on smartphones that are current and offer "free" apps.
Just install newpipe.

use microg or don't install these apps

>locking up some shitty DRM drivers and renders your camera unusable
in the Z2/Z3 days it made the camera shittier but not unusable, some filters were locked behind DRM, but were at least able to make backups..

Install YouTube Vanced

use newpipe nigger
>inb4 muh comments

reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/4y5u4u/netguard_ad_blocking_using_adblock_plus_default/
netguard

there is no reason to watch a single youtube video ever.

just pretend it doesn’t exist. you were alive and happy before youtube came to be. probably happier than you are now.

Attached: 4B6655C3-4964-4F61-8467-6056BA73DEE7.png (609x717, 188K)