Awesome vector based animation platform that not only made badass animations but badass games

>awesome vector based animation platform that not only made badass animations but badass games
>lots of fun for many years to come
>apple says they will not support it on their iPhone because it reduces their battery life from 10 hours to 7.
>everyone follows suit and Flash is destroyed as a medium as a result
>everyone says: you can just use html5 and javascript for everything flash offered
>except for badass animations and everyone got royally fucked.

fuck you Apple. Also. Discuss.

Attached: download.png (227x222, 939)

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-53/product_id-6761/Adobe-Flash-Player.html
pouet.net/prod.php?which=53656
theregister.co.uk/2018/06/07/flash_emergency_patch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was always shit.

Macromedia really was something before Adobe bought the company and gutted it to get rid of the competition. Fuck Apple indeed.

>entirely vector based
>its shit

if its shit than you are not even the ground the shit lays on.

Coming from an Indian, this really means something.

>Viruses for days
>Annoying advertisements
>Adobe Updater daily popups
>Adobe Updater's daily popups trying to get you to download the shitware toolbar of the day
>Poorly optimized and on early 2000s internet would slow your system down to a crawl if you had a window open running something in flash

It was pretty hot garbage back in 2007 when Apple told flash to fuck off

I'm do illustration and animation for a living and I still use Macromedia Flash MX 2004.
I miss the days before Adobe.

>animation platform
>somehow made it work entirely on dsl
>worked great and security was being taken care of as adobe kept updating.
>then iOS comes out and flat out refused flash and destroyed the entire Flash industry in one fell swoop.

it wasnt shit.

you can do all the same stuff with SVG + javascript
flash was always a laggy, buggy piece of junk and a security nightmare that was used primarily to make annoying and distracting banner ads

what about the games and animations? there was a whole industry that got destroyed and it was vibrant as fuck.

Flash had major security issues as well...if I remember correctly.

adobe was in the process of resolving this, and they did.... that is not why Apple elected to destroy the platform.

I guess we should be thanking Adobe for trying to monopolize the market. If it weren't for them, Krita, Gimp, and Inkscape probably wouldn't have had all that support. Now that I think about it, they bought out and gutted Cool Edit Pro too forcing me to find Audacity. What a great example of capitalism run amok. The day Adobe goes out of business will be a great one indeed.

Flash isn't even close to having it's security issues resolved here in 2018.
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-53/product_id-6761/Adobe-Flash-Player.html

It still exists for animations, it's just this cancer isn't on webpages anymore. You can just use video you pseudonostalgic genZ

you can still make those in javascript where they are not dependent on a buggy proprietary VM only supported by one vendor
apple elected to fuck them over because they were being complete shitbags at the time, back then the SWF format and the flash VM were totally locked down, they refused to even make the SWF specification publicly available until later in 2008 after apple had already told them to fuck off
this, people still use flash to animate, you just don't upload the SWF anymore, you export to video and upload it to youtube

I've been to their office, I have the bombs ready
(NSA pls no van)

Doesn't matter. iPhone is destined to fail. No keyboard, no 3G, and without flash, how can you even watch youtube or any other video site? Plus Apple doesn't even have 10% of the market.

Via con Dios

Remember when every website was 99% flash based animations? That was a dark time.

that isn't how it happened at all you stupid fucking piece of shit.
they didn't update at all, for years. UNTIL apple said it was shit. they tried to save their own asses with the updates.

You can do everything now in css or css/Javascript. They even have blend modes

CSS and sass/scss both have animation there's also canvas

They got destroyed by the Apple Store allowing much better monetization than just ads, not by Flash long deprecation

Flash was always garbage. You just remember it fondly because you were 12 and we had nothing better at the time.

It just adapted, the application itself is called Animate now, its still widely used and you can export directly to web, pc, osx, ios, android and html5.
In b4 retards who think it was just used for videos.

>You can do everything now in css or css/Javascript
Yeah, show me some css/js that can do something like this: pouet.net/prod.php?which=53656

Attached: 00053656.jpg (400x200, 30K)

It is and always was cancer
So were java applets
So was silverlight

JS is gay but at least it's an open standard with multiple implementations

>>apple says they will not support it on their iPhone because it reduces their battery life from 10 hours to 7.

Bitch, the original iPhones lasted like an hour.

Attached: 1403994572411.jpg (250x186, 17K)

Actionscript3 was an amazing language tho

Would you recommend Flash over AI for learning to draw in vector?

homophobes btfo!

theregister.co.uk/2018/06/07/flash_emergency_patch/

AIDSDOBE Flush is garbage, every fucking month zero day

if you think the demise of Flash is because Apple stopped using it, you're sorely mistaken.

Fuck apple!

Yeah I remember flash crashing every browser.

It is still awesome for animation.

It was fine maybe, but unfortunately it came with what says. Though I guess JS also has the first two nowadays.

For some reason flash + demoscene sounds a really silly combination to me

>it's an open standard with multiple implementations
which leads to huge compability issues

Agreed. It could've been a lot faster, but overall it was nice to use.

If all you want to do is draw, then no, learn AI.
If you ever want to animate, you can import AI files into flash and it retains the vectors.

m8 flash was so fucking insecure, it took me a few hours to find an exploit to steal cookies with it.

Not anymore

>Implying all smartphones are made by Apple
>Implying they're the market leader
>Android supporting flash for quite a while, and being the market dominant entity didn't save flash
Why? Say it with me kids: Flash was shit.

fpbp, /thread, etc

>>apple says they will not support it on their iPhone because it reduces their battery life from 10 hours to 7.
people had been asking to kill flash for years, and browsers had been locking down flash for a while
it wasn't Apple who killed flash, it was the whole industry, including Adobe itself.

It might be shit but nothing came close to replacing it.