That 42 year old boomer that is only kept around because there's several crucial legacy products only they know how to...

>that 42 year old boomer that is only kept around because there's several crucial legacy products only they know how to debug

Attached: 1527803773331.png (380x349, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s00Qb6cAkZbh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that self entitled 21 year old who has only even had a job for 11 months who thinks they know what the fuck they're doing

Clash of generations right here, ladies and Jow Forumsentoomen.

Literally my ideal job situation

Especially in the banking sector, COBOL guys don't get fired.

money on the boomer

the 31.5 year old boomer who thinks their defense to their atrophying skills is to pretend they know what they are doing and deflect blame to juniors when their fuckups are discovered.

You're going to be 42 one day and need a job. What are middle aged programmers supposed to do?

>that 22 year old boomer who still thinks C and C++ are relevant

I would COBOL for that fintech money.

>that 19 year old boomer still building his neighbor's car wash website in meteor.js

Stop posting about me.

I'm 27 turning 28. These boomer memes give me anxiety. I wish there was a world war so young people would die.

If you're 30 and still wagecucking you'll never make it. You still have 2 years

yeah right, old man. you will not be around in 2 years.

i'm 19 and love boomerposting. just made one on /tv/. move over gramps, we're talking over the world :^)

This meme is such cancer

t. boomer

Kill themselves due to the crippling lonliness, the way G-d intended.

>that 20 yr old boomer who is getting replaced by a pajeet in 6 months

>entire thread premise is
>Fuck "old people" what do they know

18-25's bitching about how they're not actually skilled in anything.

>pretty much me

>42
>Boomer
Umm, sweetie...

Attached: er.png (464x423, 247K)

>that 15-year-old kid that is trying to make a meme but is failing

That's the joke. If you're 13 and you agree with some boomer points then you're a 13 year old boomer.

>guy has skills necessary to perform job he was hired to do
the absolute state of millenials who think the point of a job is who can schedule the most stand up meetings

t. butthurt boomer

My mom's a boomer and I'm 48.

Attached: amd-madoff-jpg.jpg (970x1035, 74K)

>butthurt
yeah I bet that guaranteed job security has them seething

I've never seen a meme out so many newfags before. There's at least one every thread. Might as well rename this board Jow Forumstechnology

>guaranteed
I'm 46 you weapon, congratulations on not understanding how it's being used-despite it being pointed out numerous times above

I love doing legacy software support

This is me (minus being an old boomer, just a 27 year old boomer) except I quit, but they pay me $300/hr over the weekends to fix stuff

i fooled you
you thought I meant 65 year old boomer but I actually meant 30 year old boomer
wow your face must be red right now

Seek help

I'm in therapy right now and things are going well. She says I have schizoid personality disorder and that's probaby why I spend so much time on Jow Forums. THank you for your emotional support.

>42 year old boomer

Just turn 360 degrees and and walk away

...making sure your therapist spends time on helping you be less thin-skinned, it's not healthy to be so defensive over literally nothing.

jokes on you I'm so relaxed right now

If you're butthurt because you don't understand a junior dev's code then maybe you should actually try to understand it instead of complaining. Who knows, you may become less shit at your job

80mg of diazepam and 15mg of nitrazepam relaxed? Get on my level, friend :^)

hey this is me except younger

Where you see a meme, I see a career goal. High paid niche work is the best.

>Meme is maybe 3 months old
>Get outed newfag hehe
Trying really hard to fit in?
The meme is dumb, and the newfag is you.

Attached: 0823A4B954F74F43BCD54DA1895043EB.gif (220x220, 468K)

I'm a 33 year old boomer who has been programming for 4 years, 2 as a hobbyist, 2 as a student. Just signed on to a dev salary for the first time in my life for that sweet boomer cash.

Good for you user. 25yo boomer here, walked into a programming shop and shook the boss's hand, and walked away with a $300k salary. My only programming experience is my VCR!

no i'm just very drunk off vodka and orange juice

Attached: sideshow-mel-u5.jpg (280x280, 21K)

t.40 year old millennial

>vodka and orange juice
pfffffffft

gtfo the way of young people that are capable of replacing their garbage legacy system and start talking commands from them

Young people are more idealistic and sensitive. I'd personally round up everyone above 40 because by that time they just become conservatives and past their prime.

sorry not everyone has access to your /fa/ drugs

I'm not even talking about that. if you're gonna have vodka then have vodka, don't water it down

keep learning

i'm skilled in taking apart a shit legacy project and replacing it with normal code thats actually documented. its one thing to be able to program complex business requirements, but ive had boomers tell groups of devs that they are the only ones that needs access to design documents and requirement sheets. and they wonder why talented programmers leave the company

>no real world experince
>thinks a company won't replace him with 4 outsourced indians the second they get a chance

I'm the benzo user, not him.
What's a /fa/ drug?

outsourcing is actually really difficult to pull off well. a lot of outsourced projects end up being redone by expensive consultants

vocaroo.com/i/s00Qb6cAkZbh

Attached: Detectives_1080p_HardSub.mp4_snapshot_02.49.42_[2018.04.20_21.39.28].png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

explain that to executives who have +5k people reporting to them. you'll first get diversity training, then be in the first wave of layoffs when they come in.

>working for a company with 5k+ people
think I found your problem user

Don't be an autistic incel & you won't have a problem, you 23 y/o boomer

Attached: HiddenBigIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif (377x289, 3.61M)

I went into IT. Turns out most of it is emails and people skills

Are they gonna use COBOL into the next century or what

every financial tech leader says yes. business' dont trust new tech.

>that 25 year old boomer who didn't start his own business

Literally me kek

Wait...do I know you

C is relevant in embedded systems. Hypothetically, a true masochist could do all of it in asm but project deadlines are a thing that exists in real life

I used to use C++ for some stuff, and thought it was pretty cool but after teaching myself Java and Kotlin I have no use for it. C++ has too many abstractions to consistently compile into the most efficient machine code possible, so it isn't great for embedded, but for application development, Java and friends do everything C++ does but with better debugging capabilities and robust exception handling. It's not that C++ is a bad language, it's just that there's nothing it does that another language doesn't do better.

Attached: 1397392906899.png (875x720, 1.16M)

>that 22 year old college dropout who spends their time on WYSIWYG websites installing themes and other people's code and joins communities LARPing as a programmer

Nah, 40 is the new 30 and we need more conservatives than ever in order to drown out all the millennial berniecucks. Generation Zyklon is completely worthless and we need to nip them in the bud while we still have the chance.

Switch to management

they'll start panicking when the boomers who know it finally all die out. that is, a few more decades. i understand "if it aint broke, dont fix", but i think when the language you wrote something in is as old as a boomer, it's time to move on.