Is this the future of Windows computing?

Is this the future of Windows computing?

Attached: Microsoft-Surface-Pro-3-Banner.jpg (2760x1382, 530K)

And that's a good thing.

What's a computing

It's just another laptop/convertible.
Who cares? It looks nice and costs a lot.

Are you ready for the future of Thinkpads?

Attached: lenovo-gallery01-X1-Tablet-with-Pen-and-KB-Hero-Front-facing-right.jpg (1060x596, 26K)

and here's why

Costs way too much than the competition, Microsoft is trying to pull an Apple on customers.

click HERE to find out

Doesn't it have a built in GTX 1060?

It's okay because unlike apple, it has a real os.

No. This is.

Attached: HoloLens.jpg (1000x610, 92K)

>Is this the future of Windows computing?
There is no future for Windows computing.
Man I fucking hate people who like Windows.
Even Macfags are superior to you.

>competition
Kek. Are you slow or what? Unless you're talking about ipad or android shits there are no competitors, no matter what brand of Surface clone you buy it still running Windows

UWP apps are the future (this is a good thing)

>moire is the future.
no
ADJUST MOIRE

>not lapable

No one will switch to UWP unless Microsoft kills legacy API's.

number 7 will SHOCK you!

This is one branch of windows computers!
that is the beauty of Microsofts products.
They work in hundreds of configs and all of them can be used side by side!

>tfw no 3:2 laptop with decent keyboard

If you're using Xamarin, then you have already switched.

>no Windows 7
Not my future. Who else Windows 7 for life?

Same price of Macbooks when Surfaces are aimed to different markets.
-Surfaces died with Pro 3, Book is just another generic silver laptop

microsoft will never top it my ding dong diddly dog

Attached: w7gp.png (1920x1200, 3.43M)

The Surface line is shit.

wrong

Attached: Studio-Hero-Surface.jpg (4032x2269, 2.34M)

No, 2-in-1s are. All the really good premium Windows devices are 2-in-1s, i.e. Yoga 920, XPS 15 2-in-1, Spectre X360

Pens are standard and included in most if not all 2018 models. Windows might have finally found a nice niche that macs won't be competing in for years

I hope it's the future of computing in general. Linux needs to embrace the touch screen.

The only problem I have with my m3 version is the RAM is shit. If they made a m3 with 8 or 16 GB I'd buy another one just for the upgraded memory.

Surface line is amazing, closest thing windows has to an Apple quality product. Just like Apple, if you don't build and aren't poor, it's the best option for the platform.

Surface is building up it's reputation pretty well

Seriously the surfaces are nice, only wish they had maybe one more port, and were user serviceable.

I got a i5 8gb for that reason. 8gb is bare minimum now

It shines for when in math type courses and typing limits you due to equations.

Thinking of buying one for taking notes. Does anyone use OneNote? I want to replay my notes on the ride home. Also how well does the pen work for Photoshop? I've only ever used a mouse

Hasn't the April update been BSODing everyone with a Surface?

I think Microsoft does something that intentionally gimps the m3 version. It freezes for a few seconds when it hits the 4GB limit, but I also have this cheap piece of shit Acer with 4GB RAM and a Celeron and it never does that.

The Asus transformer 4 Pro is a good lower cost replacement for the surface

Nah I put Linux on mine

same bro, damn thing needed some tweaks tho for the wifi.

surface is god tier.

One note works nice, I’ve never used the text to voice tho. Not much of an artist either but pen works well

what a fucking joke ...

Attached: nW3XGwppxrWETHAR-800x600.jpg (800x600, 43K)

it already is for like half a decade now gramps

I wish they had a more budget option because when I spent $1000 on a computer chances are I do very demanding things on it

This is the Microsoft Surface, it is called Surface because it is just that, the surface; front-facing application user-interface. The tech-stack producing stuff is not going away anywhere anytime soon.

Even getting this to work has been a tremendous challenge up untill now.

I, too hate when my laptop carves up when i spontaneously use a knife on it.

Seriously, what is up with that mouse?! Are there actually people who would enjoy using something like that?

Windows doesn't have a future.

it's fabric you autist, literal fabric
this is beyond laptops being apple-tier unserviceable, this is a laptop that is impossible to repair, if you open it you can't close it
absolutely disgusting

Attached: 1529082116638-g.jpg (1352x1256, 107K)

I don't think using fabric has anything to do with serviceability. You can still use screws and compartmentalize different areas of the laptop to make it serviceable.

This kind of sealed-off design is rightfully off-putting though, the waste is also unimaginable when compared to anything else.

>meanwhile I can spill a gallon of cum on my thinkpad while it's running, set it on fire, throw it from the third floor and find it still playing my hentai afterwards
why do people do this ? I legitimately want to know why people buy these cheap ass disgusting closed down pieces of shit that look and feel like toys, where did it go wrong, why is this shit on Jow Forums of all places ?

Attached: 1528912571731-g.png (835x1080, 875K)

Because of their different use-cases. Most of the time these kinds of cheap slim laptops are used for their bigger displays and/or keyboards with same applications as phones, and do not service any other purpose. They are purpose spesific devices.

They are easy to carry and do not carry a big risk of data or monetary loss, so you see them more often, creating the illusion of popularity when in reality the places you visit just have a more fitting use-case for them.

okay, fair enough, but if I wanted something portable I'd buy an x1 carbon it a zbook, they're the same price but aren't made of fucking fabric, and actually have redeeming features beyond the sacrifice for portability
besides you haven't answered the question of why this shit is on Jow Forums, this is like talking about paper planes on an airplane board, sure it technically flies and can be called an airplane, but does it really belong here ?