Why is it so hard to get a developer job? Every time I take an interview I fuck up those meme coding exercises...

Why is it so hard to get a developer job? Every time I take an interview I fuck up those meme coding exercises. I have my CS degree and 1 year of experience with php, have been to 23 interviews and still no job for me.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_15.56_[2017.06.26_ (1920x1080, 208K)

Pic related my latest fuck up. After working on it for 2+ hours I still don't know how to solve it.

Attached: 2.png (1212x517, 21K)

All this requires is a couple of for loops. Where did you get a CS degree from?

Nigga I haven't graduated yet and this shit looks ez. Is you dumb?

you just gotta get good. There's no other way. Those coding exercises aren't memes. Stop being such a casual.

This is a challenge for high schoolers, right? It seems that getting a developer job is hard because you are unqualified.

I'm beginning to feel like a brainlet. What should I do to get a job?

Perhaps find a different field to work in.

found it in potato chips pack

Actual employed web dev here,

It took me 1.5 years after graduating with a BSCS to get a simple internship. I sent many applications and only got two interviews. I bombed the fuck out of the first one and got lucky on the second one. So, yeah, it's a hell of a time. My advice is to keep self-studying, work on personal projects related to the job you want to get, and push everything to github so people can see it.

Pick a stack/framework/language that you want to have a job doing. Just pick whatever has the most jobs if you don't know what you want, because our goal is just to get in the door, nothing else. Study things written in that stack/framework/language by real software engineers (check popular public github repositories, youtube, etc). Learn how they work. Fix bugs or add simple features. Then pursue your own projects based on what you have learned. Push everything to github so employers can see. Work at least one hour every day (preferably more, because you will be working 8+ hours every single day the minute you're hired, and you want to be in shape for that.)

IT Support, if Pajeet can do it, so can you user.

Attached: pajeet.jpg (500x334, 20K)

Say you're transitioning to female

>Jow Forums tells me it's impossible to get a developer position
>i'm currently interviewing for a developer position at a company who's lead developer just came across my code on github

I don't know why Jow Forums keeps fucking this up, I get opportunities thrown after me all the time.

I guess it's based on location? I am in the same boat, Developer positions are very much a pick and choose kind of job.

never went to an interview without getting an immediate job offering
you're just bad, read more books, learn more, practice more, actually love your craft instead of just doing it because its trendy

im 26 and i make 60k a year on a country where the average is 14k year..

not trying to be mean or anything, you just need to up your game, i mean in 23 interviews and no job offering? you are clearly clueless about the business.. maybe change to something else?

>bombed one interview
>lucky in another
>its a hell of a time
and you guys still complain.. you didn't deserve that job but still got it..

What country user? Whats your story?

its not very exciting story but here it goes:
Portugal
Even though its a poor country, we do have a lot of tech jobs in here. knowing a little bit of javascript will already give you a 1.2k € a month job, its not much i know, but here it already allows you for a comfortable life.

as for me i started coding on the ti83 back in high school (cliche i know..) and never looked back. started professionally 5 years ago when i was 21 (last year of college) and been doing just that ever since.

started a new job 1.5 years ago on a multinational company (big companies are buying offices in Portugal now because you get good work cheap, we're like the pajeets of Europe.. but we actually produce good code, even if cheap..).

as for my salary i learned to negotiate throughout the years, its still cheap to them, considering someone in my position makes at least 100k-150k on UK or USA but such is life..

thats the story i guess, not a very exciting one.

as for lessons to all of you looking for jobs: just learn stuff and try to have fun with it! build stuff! potential employers love to see finished projects, it impresses way more than saying "i was at college X" or "i frequented the bootcamp Y!" at least in my experience..

3 nested loops for 3 characters OP, keep incrementing the character pos and check database in the innermost loop (3rd character), if it doesnt exist then add it to your db.

I love programming and pretty good at java and C so I don't want to switch to something else. Should I just start grinding leetcode and hackerrank exercises?

You don't have to get the exercises 100% right to get a job. As long as you work towards an answer and show your logic then that can be enough.

I can't believe the solution was that simple. Now I definitely feel like an idiot for not solving this.

Attached: 1522443275029.png (680x595, 890K)

Thanks for the advice user. Any ideas for projects if I'm looking at backend java jobs? I've been tinkering with embedded systems at home but I don't think this would help me to get there.

Create RESTful api's with spring boot or something.

>23 interviews
>no job
you must be really bad at talking to people

>you must be really bad at talking to people
How did you know? I can't hold a proper conversation for more than 20 sec.

You're an idiot where's your degree coming from ?

>you must be really bad at talking to people
I feel like if this had fuck all to do with code we wouldn't be dealing with so much pajeetware.

Yeah, develop an actual website, and host it on whatever the popular hosting solutions are. At my job, we use AWS.

Your back end code should handle things like authentication and database access.

If you show someone that, a live website, and can explain how you connected each little part to each other and that you learned on your own, it would impress me as a front end guy who doesn't know how to do any of that stuff yet.

>I have my CS degree and 1 year of experience with php
Lots of red flags that you are completely unqualified, but this is the biggest one for me. How can you complete a (presumably) 4-year CS degree and only have 1 year experience with a language that literally no one in academia uses? I would expect a typical person with a CS degree to at least have working knowledge of C/C++, Java, and Python, minimum, in today's educational climate.

I work in webhosting. I know a good developer from a bad developer.

If you do not know the following technologies you're useless

>SSH
>BASH
>FTP
>SSL
>HTML/CSS
>JS/Node.js/jQuery
>Some js framework like angular
>PHP
>Perl / PCRE
>MySQL/SQLite/Mongo
>Apache/NGINX/Lighttpd

You're just going to be your hosting company, blaming your inability to debug on me - the poor tech that took a call from a baddie. I will fix it for you while making $15 an hour. You will make $30 until they see through the fake it to you make it lifestyle and hire me when I apply.

Seriously, if you're not employed as a dev, you should be working in troubleshooting/debugging until you are. Working at a webhost/data center guarantees my interview in almost any dev job I apply for.

My schooling is only CE/CIS

nigger I ENVY you

all the job interviews ask for like "do this bullshit in this and that framework"

I wanna have some elementary shit like yours, I don't wanna be a web monkey. :(

Supposedly I have such an interview coming up, but I'm losing faith...

>no one posted the solution to OP's problem yet

Attached: index.png (222x227, 4K)