OPENBSD DOES IT AGAIN

OPENBSD DOES IT AGAIN

Based Theo kicks out a self-described "autistic agender trans girl" that hasn't spoken in over a year.

Salty tears can be seen here:
twitter.com/nahratzah/status/1007834327483330560

Maybe FreeBSD will take in xer/them?

Attached: puffy.png (349x300, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/psaP6
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396787/
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1362361317714587
archive.is/fqGX9
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24619651
hindawi.com/journals/psychiatry/2014/971814/
hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/809058/
mjiri.iums.ac.ir/browse.php?a_id=2444&slc_lang=en&sid=1&ftxt=1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25656174
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2016237
vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
forums.freebsd.org/threads/do-freebsd-developers-eat-their-own-dogfood.62222/
github.com/conformal/cyphertite
bwidawsk.net/blog/index.php/2018/06/freebsd-work-week-2/
software.intel.com/en-us/system-studio/FreeBSD
twitter.com/nahratzah/status/1007834327483330560
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tl;dr

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and OpenBSD doesn't support anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
In the CIA triad of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability, availability seems to be the one that's lacking. Who cares how hack-resistant your system is if the data you're protecting is corrupted?
That's not even getting into the volume management stuff that's missing, and the snapshots, and the everything.
"b-b-but MUH BACKUPS!!"
You do realize that if the filesystem is not secure and does not protect against bitrot and corruption, your precious backups are going to be fucked, because you'll be backing up corrupted data. Who even knows how far you'll have to roll back in order to get to a clean state?
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Use NetBSD

Attached: NetZFS.png (392x107, 16K)

BaSeD

fucking love openbsd now, should i move to it from linux?
you post this pasta in EVERY openbsd thread, are you even an human or just a bot?

>person starts a fork of openbsd (i think)
>theo no longer trust thems and rejects their patches
>then they are dashed

am i getting this all

I am real

>autistic agender trans girl; she/her or they/them; computers don't tell me what to do; depression, cptsd; ace, aro; (temporary?) non-verbal since mid-Feb 2017

Attached: qcJl2ZdC[1].jpg (306x408, 24K)

he's a retard
half of the copypasta is utter bullshit, detectable by everyone who has the slightest idea about tech, yet it's still being spammed by nu/g/ cancer
and I'm not even using OpenBSD

Any bets how long before it offs itself? I say - 5 years tops.

So wait. Theo kicked him out because he made a fork? That’s it? There has to be details being left out. No way would theo be this unbelievably petty

While stupid, I look forward to seeing this copypasta in almost every bsd thread.

based

The OpenBSD devs do important work, but you post this instead, OP?
Come back when you understand the work being done to fix Intel's mess.

>No way would theo be this unbelievably petty
He is, but not in this particular direction. I agree that there must be more to this.

theo and the openbsd team hates completely useless forks though

the libertybsd guy was laughed out the mailing lists

>misusing twitter as a blog site
tranny retards, everyone

trannies lie all the time

their entire lives are about lying

I’m aware but it was more of a rant about stallman and his philosophy than the fork itself

Attached: 1528632847863.jpg (2518x1024, 392K)

Attached: DOGdx8OWAAAX9NW[1].jpg (1516x2048, 345K)

About that alleged FBI backdoor in openbsd. Was anything ever found? Is it all FUD?

AWOOGA AWOOGA

>agender
>girl
What did she/him/it/xir mean by this?

Attached: yep.jpg (684x546, 76K)

>non-verbal
Literally why?

Because trannies are mentally unstable.

Autism Spectrum Disorders in Gender Dysphoric Children and Adolescents:

archive.fo/psaP6

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396787/

Autism in trans adults:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1362361317714587

Living between genders, links between autism and gender dysphoria:

archive.is/fqGX9

Increased gender variance in autism spectrum disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24619651

Psychiatric Axis I Comorbidities among Patients with Gender Dysphoria:

hindawi.com/journals/psychiatry/2014/971814/

Personality Disorders in Persons with Gender Identity Disorder:

hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/809058/

The frequency of personality disorders in patients with gender identity disorder:

mjiri.iums.ac.ir/browse.php?a_id=2444&slc_lang=en&sid=1&ftxt=1

Dissociative symptoms in individuals with gender dysphoria: is the elevated prevalence real?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25656174

Borderline personality disorder is more frequent in the mothers of children with GID:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2016237

the veganism of communication
fortunately, they can't tell you about it :^)

>in 2012
timing makes you think

He's not the only one who posts it

Wrong, stop being schizo.

looks like he already tried, and failed, like the worthless little faggot failure that he is.

Attached: DPEKaybXkAAZv29.jpg (900x1200, 128K)

What’s so bad about FreeBSD

Cucked and NDA'ed.

>inb4 only political reasons

Elaborate

Fifty shades of FreeBSD.
It is all in the contract.

Doesnt affect me using pfsense

Stay based user.

>these tiny cuts
I get worse wounds from the zipper on my pillow cover

Not to mention the statistics regarding depression in gender dysphoric individuals, along other mental disabilities. People who are transgendered will more often than not have another mental disability to go along.

>no one actually starts a fork
>theo gets paranoid and goes on a firing spree
>they fork anyway to spite

>maxed out tribalism against other bsd and """forks of obsd""" from a harmless startup using your dogfood
>lie about it face to face and on mailing list
>fake the patch so he can block your shit later for "technical reasons"
No wonder obsd is shilled by edgy kids.

There is not only political reasons to got against FreeBSD. It's a complete nightmare from the security point of view. Also the FreeBSD developers don't run the OS they develop , almost all of them have MacBooks and run FreeBSD in a virtual machine.
Security nightmare :
vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
FreeBSD users and developers are cucks and don't use their own OS:
forums.freebsd.org/threads/do-freebsd-developers-eat-their-own-dogfood.62222/

Any project run by a BDFL is bound to be better written. I.e. OpenBSD, Gentoo before drobbins left, and yes, Linux. FreeBSD is a bureaucratic nightmare loosely affiliated and dependent on corporations, and has been from the start. OpenBSD continues the original culture BSD and Linux started with.

Dunno, it seems like both parties involved are pretty dumb. "I don't trust you" isn't really a valid code review comment.

github.com/conformal/cyphertite
The freebsd based tarsnap could make it, despite being more expensive.

Attached: 1517951670386.jpg (423x951, 61K)

And none of the websites on the repo or the GitHub organization work.

>slogan/ethos is shut up and code
>openbsd users on Jow Forums love creating drama

Attached: 1481746843394.png (400x389, 48K)

gotta eject people who prevent you from sitting down and code, otherwise it'd be impossible to "shut up and code" as is the case with freebsd

Spend some time in the Nintendo console hacking scene. You'll see why this is much, much more tame than the shitfest of drama they've got going on over there.

I think it's from cat. These furry bastards are too playful and too cure to reject so it's easy to sacrifice some skin for those relaxing times.

>no mac
>no drivers
the state of cucks

Seconding this.
I got a new kitten a few weeks ago, damn thing's claws are sharp.

Shit owners detected.
Cats instinctively do not use their claws while playing.
If they do so, it's because their childhood was fucked up in some way.

It doesn't take much for such scratches

Why so much drama for unpaid proyects?

>as is the case with freebsd
Intel doesn't seem to agree :^). They now have a freebsd team.

bwidawsk.net/blog/index.php/2018/06/freebsd-work-week-2/

>Create native Intel graphics driver.
Looks like FreeBSD will be the only BSD with a native graphics driver while the other's continue to chase after Linux scraps.

>FreeBSD support in intels compiler
software.intel.com/en-us/system-studio/FreeBSD

Maybe intel would have considered OpenBSD if it supported more than one core :^)

Just cut your cats' claws fags.

>twitter.com/nahratzah/status/1007834327483330560
So much mental illness.

This is all about Conformal, and not OpenBSD. You see, Conformal went against everything OpenBSD devs stand for by running off to fork OpenBSD for profit in order to run a ridiculously insecure cloud encryption backup service. There is only one cloud service anybody should trust, and that's Colin Percival's Tarsnap because he's a mathematician and actually put together competent encryption meanwhile the Conformal retards went full buzzwords and used block crypto and other insanity that was ripped apart by cryptographers. Much more Conformal drama went down and Theo laughed them off the list. They don't like forks where the objective is to abstract OpenBSD into a product that makes FALSE claims about security because when it inevitably self destructs, retards will blame OpenBSD. The official position of OpenBSD is 'learn how to use this sytem, don't rely on online tutorials, or abstractions made by 3rd parties that make false security promises'. Linux kernel this kind of drama happens all the time too, some idiot devs running off with a proprietary fork and then creating drama to ram their patches back into mainline to help sell their fork and Linus tells them to go fuck themselves too.

tl;dr This is Conformal drama not OpenBSD drama

It was pure FUD

>intel funding the only literal megacorp cuckOS that signs NDAs and whatnot
And this surprises you why?

It smelled like FUD from the very start but that didnt stop based openbsd devs from combing through the source code "just in case"

Pretty much this

I refuse to use BSD simply because it looks like shit and has no support for anything.

This is a meme. The only reason large corporations like Netflix, WhatsApp, Wallstreet traders ect are using FreeBSD, is because it's easy to reason about and thus optimize. There is no shortage of FreeBSD hackers that can create highly optimized/specialized kernels to maximize performance of streaming or other specific things due to it's simplicity. The Linux kernel is incredibly complex at this point, nobody can reason through that pile of shit so often companies will go with FreeBSD instead. OpenBSD is very similar, it's simple to understand and optimize but they are a research OS in terms of monolothic kernel security, so that is their focus. Much of the things OpenBSD does filters into Netflix and other companies as they implement things like pledge too but don't send these patches to upstream FreeBSD kernel devs as they want to keep the default system simple as a springboard for hacking.

NetBSD is also all about crazy performance hacking and research kernels, right now people are dropping NetBSD kernels into the Hurd, so they gain access to NetBSD drivers and can run Hurd on hardware. This is what all these BSDs are about: hacking and research.

oh so is this why freebsd fags were defending intel

Word salad that in no way benefits a home user.

That's it, I'm installing OpenBSD. Seems to be the only people who are taking this shit seriously.

Fuck off tranny we will improve it.

enjoy completely no support and negative percentage market share. be lucky if your audio works

>non-verbal since mid-Feb 2017
That's next level autism

*installs openbsd in a vritual machine*
*echo yeah this is pretty cool, theo is da booss*
*get bored after 5 min*
*shut off virtual mcahine*
*delete image*

I don't care I'm using it in a vm.

It literally world ootb on any Thinkpad
She's pretending

>It will work just fine on a 15 year old novelty computer.
Desu...

Thinkpads are launched every year or two, it works perfectly fine on recent ones

Why would you want to spend $1500 on a PC just to gimp it?

>sign NDAs
>corperations actually use and contribute to your project

>don't sign NDAs
>only neckbeard's actually use your system and will never write a line of code in their entire lives
I wonder what the superior choice is.

>moving the goalpost
Desperate much? Fuck off to your /v/ threads

do righteous halfwits pick on the blind too?

>autistic agender trans girl; she/her or they/them; computers don't tell me what to do; depression, cptsd; ace, aro; (temporary?) non-verbal since mid-Feb 2017

Attached: 1529118595298.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

she's not welcome in the world of the perfect

p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ magnificent

Shills getting angry

See
Don't listen to these retards who had just read something for 4 seconds and are already spouting bullshit.

>she

Attached: gross.gif (200x270, 586K)

>she

What are some technical reasons I should switch to BSD besides maintainers being "based as fuck" and other memes?

>the Conformal retards went full buzzwords and used block crypto and other insanity that was ripped apart by cryptographers. Much more Conformal drama went down and Theo laughed them off the list.
Got any links? Cant find much with startpage

>Also the FreeBSD developers don't run the OS they develop , almost all of them have MacBooks and run FreeBSD in a virtual machine
this is the norm for software dev in general honestly
but macOS pulls from *bsd so it makes sense that they would do this from that standpoint

>she

Or suck it up and learn how to properly handle a cat, instead of taking the fucked up mutilation option.

>agender
>girl

>it works perfectly fine on recent ones
No Wireless for my X1 Carbon 4th gen. It works only on FreeBSD, coincidentally.

Unfortunately I don't like FreeBSD and want Dragonfly. But it's the same shit with WiFi.

Therefore I use Linux that just works.

>they fork anyway to spite
"We totally didn't want to fork it, it just happened that we did, because we really didn't want to!"

>this is the norm for software dev in general honestly
This explains a lot about certain user interfaces.

>This explains a lot about certain user interfaces.
they're all terrible now, not sure what this could possibly explain
there is no good UI in 2018

I agree.
It's like literally no one uses the UIs they build, aside from tiled window manager devs.

And turn my cat into a fag too in the process?