That 35 yo boomer that worked as an embedded software """engineer"" for the last 8 years at the same company and making...

>that 35 yo boomer that worked as an embedded software """engineer"" for the last 8 years at the same company and making as half as web developers in their mid 20s

Attached: 1526628649164.png (381x353, 32K)

At least they still have valuable skills and can get a better job unlike the retards who fell for the trades meme

>that 20 year old boomer who makes the same garbage threads every day because he is autistic

>be me, next couple months turn 32, unemployed, depressed, wanna kill myself but to afraid. i dont have confident anymore, everytime I got calls from someone offer me jobs, my voice got shaking. life is fucking hell.

>that butthurt pooscript developer that tries to feel less shitty about himself and his skill so he posts on Jow Forums criticizing people that are better than him in hopes of getting approval.

I'm not 35 (I'm turning 32 next year), and I haven't worked the same place the last 8 years, but other than that I feel that this explains me.

I actually went from a well-paying webdev job to a worse paid embedded development job.

>that 25 year old boomer literally obsessed with Apple products that don't affect his life in any way

>boomer
>boomer
>boomer

so cool of a meme

I swear this is the new soi

I have one of these at our job, he replaced out big ass convoluted ansible build pipelines to use just make. I'll owe him a debt of gratitude forever. Those old dudes know their GNU utils like you wish you did.

I'll bite. Web dev is over-saturated. If you're in this field or entering it, you had better have a plan B.

>35 year old boomer

Attached: 1527556003230.jpg (640x628, 114K)

might be true, but it's nowhere near as saturated as embedded

based

Attached: 1528908856271.png (380x349, 77K)

Attached: DevilMayCry Boomer Dante.png (579x450, 380K)

it's 100x better in every regard now that i step back and think about it. he showed me the light.

* it's more portable than any other build pipeline software (i'll say salt, ansible, chef, those things). all of those require being installed different ways with dependencies on different distributions. make? you just need core utils if it's not on the machine already.

* there is no crazy configuration of systemd services, automated users, big old config files blah blah.

* there is no finding things to fill the gaps, like a template language for your config files that cant do drop-in variable substitution.

* it works with _anything_ just write it into the make recipe. make is glue.

* it can be used by most _anything_. even if you still have to use jenkins or something, it can just rune make. that alone simplifies things.

* it can sit with your code and be version controlled.

* there is no vendor lock-in or dependency on some vendor that is going to change on you.

* originally coded by our lord and savior (and his pal).

also this dude picks up new tech instantly. he might be an exception though he's a cal tech phd that is honestly doing this job for funzies part time to "make sure he knows about cloud crap"

Attached: 1527795899371.jpg (1600x1200, 403K)

The domain is saturated. I see so many bad programmers even after uni, it's crazy.

Attached: 30_year_old_dante.png (380x349, 82K)

I am 23 and after reading things like that I am just getting sad, is life really that bad after 30?

>that 22 year old boomer who still believes C and C++ are relevant

Attached: 1528504616065.png (380x349, 70K)

Yes it is. Just bought a Mustang out of boredom.

Which would society collapse without, basedboy web developers, or tradesmen?

literally me

I'm 36, make gobs and have gobs in savings. Master of my craft people constantly look up to me for advice on how to manage business/projects. Girls all think I'm in my late 20's cause I didn't use emotional expressions at all when I Was younger.

Drive nice Audi that wasn't even remotely a stressful purchase.

Honestly, life is pretty good in your 30s if you didn't fall for the have kids and a family meme.

In the next 5 years you'll feel your body start falling apart and realize you'd give anything to be 20 again

Honestly, if you live in such a way that you regret something so simple as entropy and the inevitable passage of time you're doomed to be miserable at any age of your life.

Growing old is an exchange of negatives and positives, just like being young.

Best to learn to accept your inevitable impermanence user.

Kill yourself wofaggot you killed a thread of this end yourself now you absolute mistake waste of air
reply to OP if you're gay

Wasn't this exact thread up like 4 hours ago

>Hurr I made a successful thread once better copy and paste it xD

i'm in my 30s, I have 300k saved (i should have more, i fucked around too much in my 20s)

I hate going to work every day, I'm just tired of the deadlines and all the bullshit, get me out of this fucking mess.