Is Xbox any good?

I know Microsoft's OS sucks (and most of their other products), but what about their console? I'm particularly interested in Xbox One, since that seems to be the latest console in the series. Is it any good and how does it compare to PS4, its most popular competitior?

Also, bear in mind that I have never used consoles apart from PS2, GBA and NES.

Attached: 845.jpg (500x362, 14K)

it has no exclusives and it's cheaper variant plays most games worse than it's competitor unless you settle for the one X at which point you should consider buying a pc
it has no exclusives that aren't on pc or ps4 and a third of the userbase

>I know Microsoft's OS sucks (and most of their other products), but what about their console?
Like their other products, Xbox One is inferior to the competition. The PS4 is more powerful, it has a much larger library of games, and it has a better user interface. Games also install significantly faster on the PS4 from a disc than the Xbox One.

This doesn't belong on Jow Forums though

Thank you for answering. It'll probably be PS4 then, since most of the games I like are available for PS4

Can you install Gentoo on an Xbox? No? then get the fuck out of here, and go back to /v/

Attached: download.jpg (690x460, 62K)

I have to try out Gentoo, honestly.

If exclusives are your thing, you might have better luck with the PS4.

If you're gaming at 4K, the Xbox One X is better spec wise, but I haven't sat down and used the X1X side by side with the PS4 Pro.

Microsoft game pass is a thing, and Sony is locking Fortnight accounts to PS4 only.

I don't know if any of the above matters to you.

I have a severe distrust in Sony, and the Xbox One S (not the 4K gaming version) is usually around $200 - $250, so I have a few of those. They make good Plex clients.

I'll give you the unbiased truth user.
I hated the xbone so much and bashed it for years. Since that god awful e3 they revealed it at, I've always thought it took a special stupid to buy it over ps4.
Then I got a ps4. Used it some, played a handful of games. But I got bored. Games costed so much and never went on sale. Had no real entertainment beyond gaming, some basic streaming apps and that's it.
I saw a cheap xbox one s online though, and thought I'd get it for 4k sfreaming to my tv, and maybe some games. I haven't touched my ps4 in a month, seriously. Better controller, better ui (ironically I thought I'd hate the ui but it's better than ps4 once you get used to it, besides occasional slight lag), games are cheap as hell, gamepass is how gaming as a service should be.
But best of all was the apps. You get loads of options, add on top UWP apps, and even a dev mode if you want unofficial stuff for whatever reason.
It's used up all my free time lately. I like to toss on a podcast with a podcast app i got that plays in the background and play some battlefield. Then watch some youtube or whatever. Set up some gamepass titles to download then go to bed. Backlog is huge now.
I got the bone for 150, xblive for 46 through a key site, then 6 months of gamepass for 30 during e3 sale.
MS may not have real exclusives but their platform is so pro gamer it blows Sony way the fuck out of the water.
I'm absolutely in love with it and might even sell my ps4 to upgrade to an X just so I can get that extra power.
Course though if you got a pc ask if you really need a console for games you can already play. If so, I'd still recommend an S just for media and not having to fiddle to set your pc up to your tv and all that. Not like they're even expensive used.

Attached: 1283974.jpg (259x269, 10K)

Can run kodi. It's what i am using rn. Too bad MS pussied out and blocked emulators from the win store. Else you could play classics from all consoles.

>xblive for 46 through a key site
Keep in mind that you can be banned for this.

Note I said can, and not will.

Largely, the banning happens because the keys you're buying were purchased with a stolen credit card, or some other such fuckery. As such, every account that used a key in that batch gets banned.

You can get un-banned by providing your receipt, and it's a pretty easy process.

*The more you know!

Oh, huh. Didn't know. Things have been smoth so far but if i do get whacked i figure their support would cave if I bugged them hard enough. Worth the bit of savings at least then. Thanks for the heads up.
I should also mention 90% of xbox community is a fucking garbage fire, I don't understand why MS doesn't just do away with written game reviews because every single fucking one is completely useless.

I don't care about excusives, actually. I just want to play some games that I like without having to use Windows. Consoles looked like the right choice because they are fairly cheap and support almost all games I want (that are not already available on Linux, of course).

Since I really can't make up my mind I'll probably buy both.

>Forza Horizon 2
>Sunset Overdrive
>Master Chief Collection
>Halo 5 campaign
These are the only exclusives I can think of which you cannot play on the PC. It does have backwards compatibility though if you like that idea. Games like Red Dead Redemption which never got a PC port play incredibly well (it even has a 4k upscale option for the one X).

nigga I got it for 29 on black Friday on amazon.

I belive Ps4 is more powerful than Xbox

Have you installed Kodi on the xbox?
I have Kodi for movies and emulating mostly MAME and SNES

depends on the xbox

Isn't Sea of Thieves an exclusive?

Yes, it's on gamepass as well. I saw on E3 that MS was dumping money on a bunch of different studios and that whatever games and other exclusives come from it will be on gamepass on the release day

if sony wouldn't make god awful controllers, I'd probably go for playstation.
since they are dog shit though, and this is the input device you're holding whenever you use the console, xbox it is
additionally, microsoft is really pushing the multimedia home entertainment system, so it might not be that bad of an idea

Just install Windows 10 with Classic Shell and get an Xbone pad. It's not that bad.

There's zero reason to buy the regular Xbone. Xbone X is the most powerful console, so it has that going for it.

Nope, on PC.

I want to buy a console BECAUSE I WANT TO AVOID USING WINDOWS.

Currently, this is my planned gaming setup:
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
Some regular Linux distro for regular PC gaming
Lakka for retro gaming

an xbox/microsoft account will eventuallu need you to add a phone number to it for "security" purposes or else it will lock you out of your account? they will also ask for your address /name/age/. it locked me out of my account unless i gave a phone number, on ps4 you only need an email and password for an account

Ok. Then I'm excluding Xbox from the planned setup. I don't even know do I want a console at all anymore...

Here's my new setup:
Linux with Steam and various emulators installed.

PS4 if you prefer Uncharted, God of War and several Japanese/weeb games.
Xbone if you prefer Halo and Gears of War or if you happen to want a meme UHD BD player.
Get the cheap versions if you don't have a 4K screen. Arguably do it too even if you have it.