RedHat appreciation thread

Say something nice about redhat Jow Forumsents

Attached: Redhat-logo.jpg (900x700, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stratis-storage.github.io/
stratis-storage.github.io/StratisSoftwareDesign.pdf
github.com/stratis-storage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminds me of Carmen Sandiego.

I like dinosaurs

Attached: 1521854653309.jpg (250x250, 7K)

STRATIS IS COMING GET HYPE
stratis-storage.github.io/
stratis-storage.github.io/StratisSoftwareDesign.pdf
github.com/stratis-storage

Attached: stratis.png (200x200, 14K)

It cost a lot of money back in the day.

I really feel like they missed the point of why people use ZFS and wanted (or still want) Btrfs so bad. Cause if you read the stuff they're saying about Stratis, it's all about performance and volume management. Now those are nice, but the real reason people put up with ZFS and Btrfs is the checksumming/self-healing data stuff, which, unless I'm somehow mistaken, Stratis doesn't have. If all you want is the volume management you just use LVM.

thanks for giving back to the kernel

They provide numale yuppies in Raleigh with tech jobs. That's about it.

self bump

Attached: How-To-Fish-For-Catfish.jpg (864x554, 447K)

Systemd is fantastic.

This, but unironically

Currently playing with CentOS and don't understand Spacewalk at all...

Attached: just.jpg (540x540, 39K)

not that much
I think $29.99 at Circuit City

> in b4 hurr durr you can download it for free
3x600MB CD images would take two days and one night over dial-up, assuming nothing else uses the line, and no disconnects. I'll shell out the 30 bucks and avoid the hassle and risk of file corruption, tyvm

forgot pic

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 242K)

I like that their logo is a red dinosaur giving thumbs up.

Its better than Satellite6, that thing is a fucking abomination

Attached: what_the_hell_have_you_built..png (1021x348, 373K)

E

I swaer there is a pizza restaurant near me with the same logo

Their logo is rad. I mean, red.
Fuck.

Their certifications are better at landing me a job than a college degree.

Good pizza

Attached: pizza-hat.jpg (453x338, 99K)

This EVERY time!

MAME, the emulator that has a new release on the last wednesday of the month, actually gets updated in their repos

unironically my first open source software i used and fell in love with.

i love redhat. it taught me to give up wireless networking.

RHEL is comfy

How's Satellite 6 bad? I've been working with Satellite 5 for a few years now and it's just bad. Half of the shit doesn't work properly, the configurations are in all places except those where you expect them to be. shit like configuring jvm memory for two different jvm instances that run parallel ... which dumb nigger comes up with a "design" like this. RedHat doesn#t even fucking know how to performance tweak their postgres, even though their garbage software needs to run with it.

>it taught me to give up wireless networking.
why and how? Is it because getting broadcom cards to work on it is a fucking nightmare?

just ignore the shill, he probably hasn't read any of it. we are on Jow Forums after all

Now I can't stop seeing it that way lol

At what level do you start noticing differences between distributions? I've been working with ubuntu on a private level, had to use SLES and RHEL on a professional level but besides package managers I don't really ever notice huge differences.

Quick question: Do you have any quick ideas about why Satellite can't detect the host of the virtualized OSes that are deployed with and registered to Spacewalk?

Everything works but that. I can't fucking figure out why Satellite can't detect the host of the delpoyed systems. It just says "Unknown." It's just KVM, too, if that helps.

Fuck I meant Spacewalk, not Satellite

They're mostly the same now, with very few differentiating factors. Systemd made sure of that.

no idea, never cared about it since our systems run on vmware.

Thanks for vert.x

Attached: Screenshot_201803032036472.png (1074x1256, 912K)

Thinking about getting its most basic certification. RHCSA

Anyone here certified by Red Hat?

>he doesn't have his systemd Certification yet

Systemd
kernel contributions
Fedora
Centos/rhel

thank you

I work at redhat, it's a great place. Good benefits, would suggest to anyone in the NC area. We've got internship oppertunities for interns as well. Thanks for the support.

I tell people Slackware was my first Linux distro, which is true cause it's the first distro I used. But the first distro I ever saw was Red Hat, back in 2005. I installed it on a p3 500MHz box that I got in exchange for helping an IT guy set up computers in a high school when I was 15. I installed RH and I remember it had Gnome 2 and it looked super comfy. I didn't use it for a while cause the monitor stopped working and I was using Slackware on my laptop, and then I forgot the password. So I think I installed Ubuntu from one of those free CDs they were giving out, used that for an IRC server for a bit and then settled on Debian 3.0 sarge and that ran on the box for nearly 3 years. Made me trust Debian.

So yeah, good thing about RH is that it worked well enough and looked cool enough back in 2005 to make me want to use Linux as my main OS. Didn't look back since.

RHEL is a scam and RHN is cancer.

Have you got "virt-who" installed and hooked up?

I don't. Is that something that needs to be on the client machines or the Spacewalk server itself?

I will never unsee this.