Convinced my girlfriend to leave apple phones behind

Convinced my girlfriend to leave apple phones behind
quick thread lads
need an ideal smartphone sub $600 Australian about $450 US
needs to be english out of the box
not too much bloat

a good camera is a must, we travel a lot

needs to be avaliable from a semi reputable retailer at least, she's not open to ebay although Amazon aus is finally available and has a lot

brand does not matter she's open to anything as long as it fits the bill

I havent kept up with smartphones since I bought my S7 so I'm really out of the loop

she's still on an iphone 5s so to be fair anything will seem amazing at this point

Attached: Chinese-smartphones.jpg (720x378, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/
itwire.com/mobile-devices/83146-review-sony-xperia-xa2-dual-sim-selfie-phone.html
youtube.com/watch?v=As2x4rxLQUo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I havent kept up with smartphones since I bought my S7 so I'm really out of the loop
So what makes you so sure that apple phones are bad when you don't even know anything about smartphones?

What's wrong with Apple? If you get it on a contract it's going to be similar to a Samsung or Sony.
How urgently do you need it? Import a Meizu. The Pro 7 plus is basically a Samsung note 7 without the pen and fires and it's A$260 now, or thereabouts.

Pro 6 plus, my bad.
It even has the same exynos processor and 1440p screen which is why I made the comparison.

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 17K)

Take a look at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

been looking into this, pretty solid! although reviews seem to mention the camera as a downside commonly

Pixel

>Australia

Attached: nope.jpg (640x430, 35K)

moving to the US is fucking hard

wait for the s9 or the new oneplus.

"maximum $450usd"

Nexus 6

>tell someone what they're doing is bad
>have no better advice

google pixel

it's more to do with her complaining about apple then saying "but all my stuff is apple" and me just telling her to take the leap because she likes my S7 (and previous G4)

>moving to the U.S.

Attached: Kzk9I8o.png (392x243, 105K)

>pay $800 USD for a phone from Samsung
>has gotten less updates (ZERO SINCE LAUNCH) than piece of shit $150 trap phones
I am so fucking sick of these assholes. It only costs Samsung $375 to make this fucking thing so they're already making HUGE profit margins on the sale, how about showing some software support at least on par with Mr. Chang's son programmer over in fucking Shanghai? Jesus christ I'm mad.

You’re a fucking retard OP but if your misso really wants an android buy the Redmi note 5 pro or whatever that shit is called.

Samsung provides near monthly security updates on almost all their products (even on 4 year old stuff they do quarterly updates), though they don't do feature updates, even on their flagships they're rare
Odds are that you're getting fucked by your carrier
Just get the most expensive Xiaomi you can, the iOS like skin will suit her well, be sure to get extra storage instead of going for better features

Ebay is much better than amazon in australia sorry

Ur cutting yourself off its the cheapest way to get phones off contract

I have one, can confirm camera is pretty good. Better than my mom's s6 at least.

fuck off shills

@op get the essential phone or a v30 used or something.

Pixel 3 is going to have the notch. Is there any alternative? Oneplus?

Poor girlfriend, just get her an iphone, why would you want to torture her?

>Odds are that you're getting fucked by your carrier
This.

The one great thing about Apple is that they gave a gigantic middle finger to the carriers and said that they weren't putting up with the typical shit Blackberry used to acquiesce to and that all Android manufacturers still do.

Nokia 7 plus

The Meizu 15 fits your budget and has a great camera

Attached: meizu-15-01.jpg (690x519, 45K)

looked at some reviews, not avaliable here yet, but thats a solid phone, not sure between this and the redmi note 5 pro now

kimovil.com/en/ is probably the best phone comparison site I know, can put in what specs you want and gives links to lowest prices

>contract
good goy

XA2 is a solid phone

itwire.com/mobile-devices/83146-review-sony-xperia-xa2-dual-sim-selfie-phone.html

looks nice but the colors are gay

>2.3-inch 23MP Exmor RS sensors in the rear camera. The imager chip is coupled with an F2.0 aperture and the camera offers a 24mm equivalent focal length, phase detection autofocus, LED flash and 4K video recording. There's also a 120 fps slow-motion mode; however, XA2 users will have to make do without the XZ models' unique 1000 fps ultra-slow-motion feature

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XA2-Ultra-przód-front-fot.-VentureBeat.jpg (2400x1200, 481K)

iPhone X

OnePlus 5T

I ordered my Meizu pro 7 plus from AliExpress. My mate got his Meizu M6 note from there too. It's 550 aussy dollarydoos

Attached: S80617-192236.jpg (1440x2560, 340K)

OnePlus has a notch... Pixel 3 non-XL doesn't

I can vouch for Meizu too. Also currently on the pro 7 plus, works great on Optus.

Camera software has great noise reduction and it's fast indoors, has to be to get any decent shots of my puppies.

I used to have a Redmi Note 3 Pro but they come with shitty vendor room that you have to unlock your bootloader to remove. Basically loaded with spyware and malware with all update options removed. The unlocking process was so complex, had to send Xiaomi an email or something to use their program to unlock it, but mine kept getting stuck and not unlocking.
Not buying Xiaomi again for a while after that experience.

It's so much easier to install stock flyme rom.
>Copy update.zip to storage
>Reboot while holding volume up
>Run update.zip
>Done

I can upload more camera samples if you want to see how the software handles noise reduction and shit like that, but my device is the pro 7 plus and I recommend the 15 as it's much better.

Attached: P80429-113510.jpg (3008x4000, 2.73M)

Pixel 1 or 2. 1 has unlimited backup forever, 2 until 2020. 2 has better photo processing though. Most Apple like experience, no bloat.

>Paying $550 for phones that die in a few months
Have fun with the returns boys :^)

You're lucky if they simply die and not go through the unstoppable beeping phase.

Why put high end camera in a mid range?

Listen you fuckin OP
Buy her a OP6 or LG V 30 or Samsung S8.
Hardmode: buy S8 64 GB
Goodbye and ignore all stupid posts above.

>although reviews seem to mention the camera as a downside commonly
Not on this variant:
youtube.com/watch?v=As2x4rxLQUo

how much of a loser do you be to sit there getting people to change their phone OS just because you're salty

also $600 AUD

>mid range price bracket
>good camera

Sony XA2

I have yet to have a chinkphone die on me like that.

S7 is still fuckin amazing.

There is about a 11~13% return rate on chink phones only 5% higher than average nothing to worry a bout.

Is that including brands like doogee, leagoo, and umidigi?

Pixel II.
Vanilla Android experience, unlockable bootloader and rootable without exploit.
Prioritized updates that include Linux CVE patches straight from google tailored for your device.

Amazing LineageOS support down the road in 4-5 years if you still want to use it.

Don't introduce your GF to Android with a shitty chinkphone with spyware.
You will leave her with a bad impression and she will run right back to the walled garden.

>muh camera
Then buy one.
Using any IOS or Android device in 2018 is ADHD tier. It's "i want a pleasure device" instead of a communication device. They listen to every word you say, steal your ideas, and are shit tier.
BB10 is the only acceptable OS. Sometimes you need to take a step back in order to go forward.

>Don't introduce your GF to Android with a shitty chinkphone with spyware.
Ironically, Chinese brands have been known for releasing many developer friendly devices. Which is one of the selling points for the Pixel line. Also:
>muh camera
>Then buy one.

>BB10 is the only acceptable OS. Sometimes you need to take a step back in order to go forward.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
>BlackBerry 10is a proprietarymobile operating systemfor theBlackBerryline ofsmartphones
>BlackBerry 10 is based on QNX, a Unix-like operating system that was originally developed by QNX Software Systems until the company was acquired by BlackBerry
>BlackBerry will end the support for the operating system at the end of 2019.
Not only is it a proprietary operating system based on UNIX, it would also be abandoned in less then a year. Perfect operating systems right there.

System*

Huawei Honor View 10, LG G7, or One Plus 5T

Xiaomi