If Linux and Windows are so advanced, why don’t they have this?

If Linux and Windows are so advanced, why don’t they have this?

Unlike caching systems that use the SSD as a cache at a block level, it merges the SSD and the HDD into one filesystem. Data is divided at file level, not block level, total size is HDD+SSD, not just the HDD, turn off the HDD way more often, writes only to SSD, and then passes to the HDD when it has time. There’s nothing like it, and it’s perfect for workstation/desktop use.

Attached: image.jpg (594x169, 58K)

Why would I ever get this over pure SSD for boot drive and separate storage drives or external?

It sounds like you are describing a crippled version of ZFS L2ARC. Most non-Linux operating systems fully support something more advanced than what you describe.

Automatic management of which files need to be fast and those who don’t.

No, it’s precisely not hat, and it’s not crippled in any way, it’s the way the people really want. Not cache.

Why would you need this?

...or I can just have this thing called ram and vfs cache shit I care about and be faster than the shitty SSD "cache"

>Windows
I know for a fact this exists for Windows Server.

>What is RAM?

What? I looked up this fusion drive and it seems the SSD portion is only like 128gb. My SSD boot drive is 500gb, all programs installed to it, and my media is on separate drives I treat like folders.

SSDs are just getting bigger and cheaper. This fusion drive seems like a weak stopgap for the tech illiterate.

Now I can't tell if you're honestly shilling this or if this is a dumb troll

So basically, this is just like StoreMI available on Ryzen?

Attached: cloveros.jpg (7680x4320, 3.61M)

>ohtomo takuji

my man

Attached: 1481000318862.png (217x190, 55K)

>filesystem
That's why. If you knew anything about computers, you would instinctively understand this.

>Data is divided at file level, not block level
>writes only to SSD,

Attached: 1317551509228.jpg (429x410, 33K)

no, storeMI is better

Excessive writing to SSD shortens the lifespan of the drive. Also look into Optane memory if you want a hdd cache.

these

>crippled SSD speeds at best
>crippled HDD speeds at worst
I'll just skip this gay, overpriced, unreliable SSD meme and stick with 40TB HDDs until flash becomes cheaper than ceramics.

Attached: thinking lady.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

>be mactard subhuman
>settle for some shitty mechanical disk
My main workstation has 128GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD. On Linux I can just load the OS and applications to RAM. If there's a power cut I only lose what I have open at worst, and all my user files are in my home partition. This is 100x faster than anything you've ever had your greasy little poorfag paws on.

Attached: 1529172642690.jpg (613x531, 36K)

but can I play games on it?

>but can I play games on it?

Attached: 1528565522726.jpg (763x771, 49K)

the surface studio ships with it also

my pc has a 2TB pcie ssd in it, why would i waste my time with hybrid bullshit?

Disk caching is the operating system's job. Buying overpriced hardware to do it is retarded.

Some games fast, apps fast, Windows fast, done. Everything else get platter drived.

>what if we brought back the turbo button, but used if for disks?

Attached: 2017-03-17-image.jpg (1100x747, 108K)

I have a script that populates needed files into vfs cache on boot

At last I've found you!
What monitor do you use?

Because it is too taxing and is literally a extremely inferior version of RAID 0, since both are treated as one partition.