Python Vs. every fucking else

Why the fuck would I use Java, C#, javascript or any other language if there is python:
>Easy as fuck to write, use libraries and read the code
>Tons of frameworks
>Extremely portable
>100% free as in freedom and open-source
>Tons of documentation and open-source projects on github and gitlab
>Used everywhere, by experts and novices
>Makes programming fun as it should be
>Array manipulation and loop execution is way better and has more possible instructions than the other languages
>Smooth communication with C and C++ libraries and programs, where you can program with it to make it 999% faster
>And perfect for Scripting and glue things together, but also for everything else

Really, why should I just not use Python (and C++) and anything else? with it I can do whatever I want no matter what way better than in other proprietary languages. I don't get it, why do they exist??

Attached: imageedit_12_9004307411.gif (357x219, 23K)

Everything has it's place. You wouldn't use Python to write an OS. It doesn't matter what language you're going to use for writing a hello world program, they're all equally good for that.

>You wouldn't use Python to write an OS.
Nor I would for Java, c# and all those.

>It doesn't matter what language you're going to use for writing a hello world program, they're all equally good for that.
but on practice maintaining a python project is way better than a Java project.

"Idiots!"
-I just wonder what goes through the head of someone making a post like this. I mean, WTF is he thinking. Does he actually think his post is of any help to the world?

I currently use both Java and Python and I look at this post and vomit.

...Yeah, sure, go use your Python for Android
...Yeah, sure, go use your Python for IoT

Where did you buy your brain? 7Eleven?
Was it in the mini-oven?

>Everything has it's place.
This.

Attached: possumGunBetter.png (540x501, 188K)

I would avoid Python for any serious/big projects. It's good for small scripts but I'd rely on any other language for anything more serious than that.

Good luck writing 50000 lines of code without types. O ya, have fun trying to get multithreading to work easily.

Maybe I'm just a brainlet, but I always struggle with python's "portability". Python on Windows seems generally a huge PITA, no idea why. On Linux it seems to be a hassle to have multiple versions of it in parallel. Java and even C# seems far more easily portable in that way. Especially with Java I tend to ship the JRE with my product, so that it is a a completely dependency free experience.

javascript because chrome doesn't run python

java because some suits will pay you for it. no other reason ever.

Just a few
>frontend/client applications that don't look dogshit
>ios/android app development
>drivers
>OS development
>embedded systems
>computer graphics

There is a fundamental disadvantage in using interpreted code over compiled code. I get it. Python is the cool kid now, but don't act like it's the pinnacle of coding in every environment. It makes you look stupid.

it's slow as fuck

dynamic typing
into the trash
kotlin is better

you, sir, made me smile.

you can work with virtual environments for each project. to lazy to write more but google will help you.

Can confirm. Unless you use virtualenvs having both python2 and 3 on Linux can be VERY annoying. Then again brainlet here with no more than a couple of years with Python on Linux. But still, it's a problem, and It shouldn't bé.

virtual envs seem like a huge hassle, it's probably easier to just go with docker in that case.

Jesus Christ just use pipenv. Using docker for this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Let me guess, Python is your first language and you've never learned anything else?

You can't users expect to install and configure all kind of crap on their machines, just to run your stupid program.

your projects must run like shit then.

>It doesn't matter what language you're going to use for writing a hello world program
print("Hello World!")

vs
(=

Catalan?

Attached: 1481060958990.jpg (785x757, 237K)

python is a meme language for children to learn programming

You're a retard. Nobody uses python without virtualenvs and they take a single two word command to create or activate.

- static typing
- performance
- libraries (Python is behind the JVM on libraries)
- unique features Python doesn't have and can't copy (like Erlang's)
- expressiveness compared to something like Clojure

>>Easy as fuck to write, use libraries and read the code
Idris wins with less runtime errors
>>Tons of frameworks
SoonTM
>>Extremely portable
We can compile to python
% free as in freedom and open-source
MIT
>>Tons of documentation and open-source projects on github and gitlab
SoonTM + better docs
>>Used everywhere, by experts and novices
Used in research
>>Makes programming fun as it should be
Idris
>>Array manipulation and loop execution is way better and has more possible instructions than the other languages
We have abstraction
>>Smooth communication with C and C++ libraries and programs, where you can program with it to make it 999% faster
FFI
>>And perfect for Scripting and glue things together, but also for everything else
Well idris can do that too

>Idris
Have you actually used Idris for anything serious, user?

Bydlon is the javascipt of linux.

We use it at work for building interfaces for new products. Since we have a new protocol and a complete clean slate we could pick any language that would work on all the platforms we deploy to. Idris happened to be one such language even if the backends aren't the best with performance as our applications do not require any heavy computation.

We value correctness and ease of development rather than performance which is a compiler detail we gain by contributing back to Idris.

Deciding on Idris was the right choice as haskell doesn't support enough and Agda is unexplored in our case for use on android.

Learn go, python and c++ and you're ready to do anything (stay away from web trash tho).

>Why the fuck would I use Java, C#, javascript or any other language if there is python
Because they make me use PHP in my job

Attached: 7add38e36ffab3525855742924c2258a0644bdfb.jpg (800x800, 83K)

Javascript is undisputed for frontend web dev
Java for android
Swift for iOS
You already mentioned c++ but c++ is far superior to python in terms of raw access to memory and performance.

also, python looks like shit. fucking whitespace shit everywhere. its the only reason i havent bothered properly learning it.

What kind of interfaces?

>Javascript is undisputed for frontend web dev
To be honest is there ANYTHING other than JS for frontend.

slow, inxpressive, some weird syntactical decisions

VBscript in ie :^)

>every fucking else
The absolute state of Pytoddlers.

>but on practice maintaining a python project is way better than a Java project.
Depends primarily on who was writing it IMO. Python is extremely accessible. The downside is, it's also accessible to UTTER BRAINLETS.

I've spent the last year maintaining a code written by a woman who is actively arbitrarily making the code *less* PEP8-compliant and hates duck typing for being reflection, and a guy who wrote half the damn project in a single god function.

Python is pretty much babies 1st programming language. You really can't program anything of actual world significant value. You can program calculators and stuff, that's about it.

C H E C K E D

Attached: glowing eyes.jpg (125x125, 2K)

I'm sorry just testing if I can post again

Javascript has everything on that list except for the array manipulation and loop execution I guess?

I love javascript, too bad everyone's obsessed with UI frameworks and web development

nice quads my man

Attached: js.png (1200x1200, 27K)

desu I prefer a.map(f) over [f(e) for e in a]

Because it's slow as shit, has no types, indentation is retarded, so basically fuck you.

What a joy it must be to debug functional garbage.