The absolute state of the phone market 2018 edition

>high end device (835/845 chipset)
>can fit in one non-giant-troglodyte hand (

Attached: PhoneMarket2018.jpg (855x758, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
youtube.com/watch?v=Qft3jgz4wOU
youtube.com/watch?v=vpzil1j67KM
gsmarena.com/results.php3?chk35mm=selected&chkGPS=selected&sOSes=2&sOSversions=2800&sBluetooths=1&idBatRemovable=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't buy anything. Wait for librem 5. Also, expandable storage isn't that important these days, the most important thing is custom rom availability.

>

And this makes larger screens more manageable

>

>835/845 chipset
Not necessary when 625s can emulate ps2 games without a problem.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
Guess which SoCs high scoring phones in this list rely on.

>Not necessary when 625s can emulate ps2 games without a problem
bullshit

>all these people actively advocating for huge tablet-sized bricks that don't fit in one hand / pocket
just perish, please, you're the worst generation

Fucking troglodytes in this thread are too stupid to understand the sublime /comfy/ of a non-obese phone

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 12K)

>don't fit in one hand
handlet, pls

>that don't fit in one hand
not everyone is a tiny handed half-man
>pocket
i wear fairly skinny jeans and my 6" phone fits in without any issues

also, a 6" phone today has the same real estate as a 5.2" phone two or three years ago due to bezels getting smaller and displays getting taller

Not hard to find out:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qft3jgz4wOU
youtube.com/watch?v=vpzil1j67KM
When these use cases pose no challenge, for what possible purpose would you need a 835/845 SoC?

you specifically said ps2, that's why i called you out on it

Why do you want expandable storage?
Plenty of phones out there with 128GB of internal storage, which is actually faster and more reliable than a MicroSD.

Attached: 177196152917.gif (480x270, 885K)

>but MUH CARD
i can understand that since i was the same
then i bought a 64GB phone (WITH an sd slot) and never even bothered putting one in

IMPOSSIBLE MODE:
>physical keyboard

I'm still uninorinically using my N900, which is slow as fuck. But still does what none of those modern shitphones do.

tfw lumia 625 with 4.7" display is too big for me

Yep, pretty much the same story here.
I bought a Galaxy S7 and a 128GB MicroSD, out of those two I only regret buying the MicroSD.
I guess it makes sense when you want to store movies on your phone, but after 2 years I don't think I've ever watched an entire movie on it.
And over the course of 2 years I've only shot a combined total of 8GB of video and photos.

Attached: 105915345659.png (370x320, 39K)

I get 4 results just by ticking
>5.9"
>1080P+
>Stereo Speaker
>Dual main camera,4K video
>USB Type C
>Dual Sim/MicroSD
>GPS, Accerlometer, Gyro
>3.5mm jack
>AC WIFI, bluetooth 4.0+
>4G/64G or higher

Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (Doesn't actually exist yet)
Huawei Mate 9/10

It's amazing how I thought most of the things I checked should be pretty common place, but apparently not on the same phone.

My bad, although those are extreme use cases. What percentage of users are playing ps2 games on their smartphones anyway?

what about converting all of my music to opus and having it by myself 24/7? i need for that at least 128GB of storage.

What is music? Personally I have most of my music in FLAC and am too lazy to convert everything for my phone. Storage gets usually full pretty soon and I can never have my complete collection on my phone. Deciding what to put on is a huge hassle.

>Xperia
>>>.5"
Not after that xbox hueg bezel lmao. Just get a Galaxy S9.

you and i, we're dying breed

>just use spotify algorithm curated playlists, grandpa
>you have like chillout or workout music there, what else do you want, grandpa

probably none, since the only emulator capable of that is in very early stages of development
and to be fair, emulating PSP is far from a difficult task. You gotta remember it uses an ancient 333mhz ARM chip.

poorfags and/or kids gtfo

5.5 is already too big.
The sweet spot is from 4.7 to 5.0

OnePlus 5

>OnePlus 5
>has expandable storage

nobody makes 5" (in 16:9 aspect ratio size wise) flagships anymore, batteries cant be too big thus battery life is crap for most users.

just ask any iPhone 5 and non-Plus iPhone 6 and up user.

Xperia XZ1. Done. Best phone you will ever purchase.

this man knows
5''-1920x1080 is the de facto screen standard for portable smart devices

>poorfags
what?
>kids
wouldn't kids be the ones complaining about phones not fitting in their hands and not the other way around?

Kids are shallow and will want whatever is trending.

large screens aren't a trend. They're a standard, and have been standard for quite a while now

>Xiaomi Redmi 4
>5"
>16:9
>4.1kmAh

What website is this?

Attached: 1526639806839.png (457x500, 59K)

poorfags and/or kids don't have money and their phones are the main (and only) media consumption device
of course they'll ask for bigger screens while mocking others (handlets) to cover for their own insecurities

you're making no sense
no sense at all
can you stop projecting and provide actual arguments?

no u
prove you're not a poorfag

>less than 150mm height
>at least 32gb of internal storage
>good performance
>audio jack
>B20 LTE band
>android 8
that leaves me with
>galaxy S9
>galaxy S8
>huawei P10
>Honor 10
>Zuk Z2 Pro
>nokia 6 2018
even xiaomi now makes 160mm+ phones, i barely can fit my old 154mm phone in my pockets

I have the Xiaomi Max 2 which is 6.44"
My friend recently got the Redmi Note 5 which is 5.99 and the new aspect ratio, while I do like the much smaller bezels it's got, the new aspect ratio, the smaller screen and the fucking USB micro port just put me off.

Then there is the no stereo speakers and the smaller battery to boot.
The Snapdildo 636 doesn't seem to be that power efficient as his battery drops to 50% from a full charge in 3hrs while playing the same game as me without a sim card (secondary phone for gaming) and only running wifi.

Honestly this would be my perfect smartphone, if only had root access
Fuck my Groove Coaster 2 addiction

Attached: key2.jpg (1600x1069, 393K)

i don't feel the need to swing my dick to prove anything on a taiwanese sewing website
i'm not poor, my phone's screen is 5.99" and your assumptions are simply insane

Nah, you're problem is that Xiaomi isn't making android 8 phones.

>4.1kmAh
I need you to stop.

>Xiaomi isn't making android 8 phones
how come my Note 5 came with android 8.1 onboard then?

i changed it to 7 or higher, and still no xiaomi
that's probably because they removed the headphone jack from their flagships, and the redmi 5 is way too big

yeah sure, fuck off kiddo

The only insane thing is the idea that people wouldn't trade thickness for size.

/thread

i honestly think you might be the poor one here if your consider a

Redmi 6 is 147.5mm*71.5mm and has the audio jack and everything.

But yeah the Redmi note 5 is 158.6mm

Fucking xiaomi seems to have removed all the headphone jacks from the Mi series going forward.

>only one expenssive shit
I ain't gonna waste money on some shitty smartphone when a 150€ device do the job perfectly

anyone enforcing the
>muuh thin device
should be burnt on a public place

>(secondary phone for gaming)
please tell me this is bait

No, he legit bought a second phone for gaming so incoming calls and msgs won't interrupt whatever he's doing. He owns a company that takes orders for industrial paint so he's just playing on his phone when he's not on the phone taking orders or making deliveries.

He drops hundreds of dollars on phone games without blinking an eye, buys what ever catches his fancy and takes trips to japan every year.

>secondary phone for gaming
what the FUCK am i reading

not that user, but I know someone who uses an s7 to buy gacha crystals because it's cheaper than buying a JP iTunes gift card online.

>expandable storage isn't that important these days

Depends on your use case
what about the sublime comfy of being able to read while you shit without squinting?

Hmmm Samsung J7 interdasting
gsmarena.com/results.php3?chk35mm=selected&chkGPS=selected&sOSes=2&sOSversions=2800&sBluetooths=1&idBatRemovable=1

redmi 6 is ugly as fuck, has huge bezels and the cpu isn't the fastest one, also the resolution is trash

This desu. I have big piano hands and 4.7" is about the limit I can comfortably operate a device one handed with a secure pinky shelf grip. It's more than enough for occasional media watching too

>huge bezels
You've not seen huge bezels until you've seen my Mi Max 2

Also they are bound to come out with Plus or Note versions later down the line.

>redmi 6 is ugly as fuck, has huge bezels and the cpu isn't the fastest one, also the resolution is trash
What did you expect? It's obviously a low end, smaller form factor line.

what has this world become? First consoles and now this. Is this the first time in history, where older people are actually way more advanced and sofisticated in every aspect.

>sofisticated

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

i just want a small phone with a decent sized screen that doesn't look like ass
i can pay $300 for it, i don't need low end stuff

this

what is he playing? Snake and flappy birds?

>$300
That's going to get you mid range Snapdildo 636

Nah, a bunch of japanese mobage n shit, dumps money on gacha n shit every big event, his secondary phone is setup with a japanese google account, and uses a dedicated credit card separate from his main phone because of region locks, I think he even had a docomo sim at one point.

Only mid range for this niche, extreme use case. It would also get him some of the longest battery endurance.

Please, what website is this?

Attached: humana.gif (500x359, 379K)

OP fucking says GSMARENA in the fucking post.

Just get one of the recent Xperia compact phones.

Just get a cheap motorola you autist.

the most popular, biggest and most comprehensive phone/tablet comparator in the internet - gsmarena

Yes. Who tf uses headphone jack or sd cards, it's 2018

this

>that 16 year old boomer who resorts to calling out bad grammar in lieu of an actual argument

Thank you both very much!

>using, not even buying, something with "libre" in its name

Attached: 1453806454196.jpg (450x450, 56K)

I have a zx premium. Works a charm tbqhwyf

>more than 3GB ram
>usb C
>fingerprint
>removable battery

Only 4 results, 3 LG and a chink phone. I already have the LG v20 so i guess theres nothing to upgrade to.

I have one phone with a 5.5" screen, one with a 5.3", and had one with a 6", there isn't really much diffirence in day-to-day use.

this

Handlets, when will they learn?

>stock android
>not nokia
KYS

BEGON DEVIL, I KNEW YOU WHERE AGAINS FREE SOFTWARE

>gtk

why do you need "the latest and greatest" processor anyway
is facebook that demanding?

Nokia 8 is god tier for 299

Attached: nokia-8-flagship-product-photos-hero-8.jpg (2500x1667, 207K)

>not launching for at least 7 months, will probably be delayed at least once more
>won't support 5G despite 5G going online in 2019 and will be mainstream by 2020
>is being based on a SoC that will be SIX YEARS OLD by the time it's actually launched
It's going to be a comical Tortanic that's for sure.

Not waterproof. Even lowest grade garbage is IP68 these days.

S9 with it's stupid aspect ratio 5.8" screen is pretty similar in size to those phones.

>S9 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
>Nokia 8 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
>XZ Premium 156 x 77 x 7.9 mm

You are a whiney entitled little bitch and a thread died so you could start this temput tantrum of a thread
Fuck
You

>Nothing but shitty products on the market
>Not a valid complaint
Pick one.

want to get rid of my sony xperia z 2013
really like it for the build quality but dislike what sony does with android
any advice what to get?